Two Ravens and One Crow by Kevin Hearne

Two Ravens and One Crow

by Kevin Hearne

English (17)  German (1)  All (18)
Atticus takes a break from training and heads off with The Morrigan. There is action but since it's a novella there is not a lot of meat to it...but hello? It's Atticus and where he thou goest I shall follow. Grin. ( )
  whybehave2002 | Jul 9, 2018 |
It could have been the circumstances of my audio read, but this story didn't grab my attention.

(second read) Nope. Not nearly as good as his short stories and novels. I get the feeling that Hearne is awkward with this length. ( )
  2wonderY | May 15, 2017 |
This almost gets four stars out of me because it has the Morrigan showing her softer side and we finally get to hear how Attics got Airmid's herblore. But I stubbornly refuse on principle. ( )
  oswallt | Nov 25, 2016 |
A really good, wholly contained short story that takes place between Tricked and... the one after Tricked. I haven't read Tricked yet, but I had no problems following this novella at all. The author's website does say though, that events in this novella are pretty important in the next full-length book.

Atticus has to pay the piper for events that took place in Hammered and the Morrigan acts as a mediator and facilitator when it comes times to face down Odin himself and answer for his actions. But things are interrupted when someone tries to assassinate Atticus and the mortal enemies must work together to chase down the assassin.

After a rather exciting chase, the action ends rather abruptly, but it is an excellent novella. I listened to this one on audio and once again was stuck with Christopher Raglan as the narrator; fortunately I didn't have to listen to his bad Clint Eastwood impersonation since the story didn't involve Leif, but I was stuck with his idea of Oberon, which I've realised sounds like an impersonation of Peter Faulk playing Columbo with partial facial paralysis.

Curses to publishing houses everywhere that restrict audiobook editions by country. Seriously... a pox on your ledger books. ( )
  murderbydeath | Oct 13, 2016 |
I was very surprised to find that this novella, unlike the prior short stories, is not external to the series but a vital connection between books. Twelve years pass between book four, Tricked, and book five, Trapped. This novella not only occurs during that time, but sets up an overarching plot that will unfold in the next couple books.

Atticus wreaked serious havoc during his quest into Asgard. Many gods that were to take part in Ragnarok were killed, and Atticus knows that he has wronged those who remain. So, when Odin arranges a meeting between him via the Morrigan, he learns what the One-Eyed god demands in restitution. And he intends to fulfill the bargain.

An excellent story that has some surprises and a bit of action. Highly recommended, and absolutely necessary to fans of the series. ( )
  jshillingford | Jun 14, 2016 |
There's the usual fun mix of likable characters, action, mayhem, and humor. Plus Hearne knows his mythologies, and he's one of the rare urban fantasists to use the material with respect to the sources.

What would it be like, I wonder, if humans could slobber as freely as dogs?

Two-thousand-year-old Atticus may have outwitted and outfought everyone from Odin to Bacchus, but in this ebook original, he's about to discover what comes around when you go around messing with gods.

Six years into the training of his beautiful apprentice, Granuaile, a large crow swoops down and transforms into none other than the Morrigan, a goddess who insists that Atticus come with her at once. He must leave his apprentice behind, along with his Irish wolfhound, Oberon - and he must also leave his sword.

When she does let slip that she'll be saving his life in the near future, Atticus is left to wonder...will he soon be giving his legions of enemies something to crow about?

Atticus O'Sullivan is back in an all-new, action-packed, laugh-out-loud novella from the author of The Iron Druid Chronicles. Two-thousand-year-old Atticus may have outwitted and outfought everyone from Odin to Bacchus, but in this eBook original, he's about to discover what comes around when you go around messing with gods. Six years into the training of his beautiful apprentice, Granuaile, a large crow swoops down and transforms into none other than the Morrigan, a goddess who insists that Atticus come with her at once. He must leave his apprentice behind, along with his Irish wolfhound, Oberon--and he must also leave his sword. The Morrigan has always taken extreme pleasure in pronouncing the Druid's mortal danger and imminent doom, so the fact that she won't reveal the purpose of their journey makes him very nervous. Of course, any time the Celtic Chooser of the Slain drops in unannounced, it's never good. When she does let slip that she'll be saving his...… (more)

Kevin Hearne is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,269,095 books! | Top bar: Always visible