Starkissed by Brynna Gabrielson

Starkissed

by Brynna Gabrielson

A fun cute book in desperate need of a proof-reader. ( )
  SaschaD | Apr 28, 2016 |
A very smart and witty heroine takes the reader on an interesting ride when her life unexpectedly gets mixed with a famous movie star. A dream for many a young girl for sure. Sydney is often overshadowed by her many older sisters and has found her comfort zone being in the backround. I liked the uniqueness about her that stands out instantly. That high school crush that dominates so much of our exisitance at this age is a cataliyst for Sydney and she learns some true life lessons about love and herself. There is just nothing I disliked. Loved this story from beginning to end. ( )
  LiteraryChanteuse | Jan 27, 2016 |
To read this review and more come by my blog, Drugs Called Books

Starkissed is a fun, light, quick read. Great for when you just want something light to pass time with, something to warm your heart and make you smile.
I'm actually the most stupid person ever. I received this book months ago, back when I wasn't a blogger. The author opened a discussion on GR giving away copies, and I requested one; got it; saved it; forgot all about it.
I know - I'm horrible. I honestly think I should be hang for it, but at least I got to it in the end.

I liked this book a lot, as stated above. In fact, I finished it in one sitting. It was very easy to get lost in the pages of this book, and I looked forward to finding out how things would get resolved.

I liked Sydney's character; how she was so "normal" but was never swayed by apparent popularity and people disguising themselves as her friends only when it suited them. She was also rather unusual by her response both to being kissed by Grant and the spectacle it led to. Not a fame seeker, nor a girl who wealth and power appeals to, she likes her quiet and ordinary life.
I also liked how she was the average sister among five exceptional ones, a thing that promised she'll somehow turnout to be the most extraordinary of them all.
Sydney's five sisters first looked very bad; the kind of sisters Cinderella had, sort of. But by the ending of the story all turned out to be quite fabulous. It was one of those cases where you piss each other off, but in the end you still love one another greatly (*coughcough just like my brother and I *coughcough*)

We had two love interests in the story, as the summary well promises. While not being a fan of love triangles, I liked bother prospects and found this love triangle quite enjoyable, as it felt more like dealing with teenage crushes that being actually in love with both of them at the same time, which is what bothers me about love triangles in the first place.

The first option is Grant. He's a movie star, and I liked him and his surprisingly down-to-earth attitude. He did not seem like a movie star when he was with Sydney. He was also the one of the the two possibilities that actually chased after Sydney, declaring that he liked her.

Then there was Collin. He was fine until the moment [he kissed Sydney's sister, Eva.] That's when I started fully rooting for Grant. Collin wasn't bad; he was a nice and kind person, but also a person Sydney built an entire fantasy around--one he wasn't able to live up to, I think. In the end, for me, he wasn't enough of a man, [acting on his feelings only when Sydney was about to get snatched, not rejecting her sister's advances even though he liked Sydney].
I did feel as though the relationships in the book advanced rather quickly. While Grant/Sydney moments were very sweet in their nature... there weren't many of them.

The ending.
God, I loved that bit of Epilogue at the end! Her dad's hilarious, but aside for that it was really nice to know they were still going strong!

I definitely recommend the book. ( )
  Nitzan_Schwarz | Sep 25, 2013 |
Plain and simple. I liked this book and would recommend it to anyone ( )
  Diavoletto | Jun 12, 2013 |

Kissing movie star Grant West may be every teenage girl's dream, but when it happens to Sydney Kane, it's nothing but a nightmare. Sure he's cute, but having her face plastered all over celebrity gossip blogs is not something she's interested in. Now cheerleaders are trying to befriend her, reporters won't stop calling, and her mother keeps chasing her with a curling iron so she won't be caught by the paparazzi with flat hair ever again. Forgetting Grant is all Sydney wants and Colin, the guy she's had a crush on since seventh grade, seems like a pretty good way to do it. Then Grant shows up at Sydney's door begging for a second chance and the more she gets to know him, the more she isn't sure she wants him to go away. But with Grant in the picture, Colin is backing off and she definitely doesn't want that. Everything is a mess and Sydney doesn't know what to do, who to choose, or how to make those pesky cheerleaders leave her alone. She only knows one thing for sure, being STARKISSED isn't a dream come true at all.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,017,764 books! | Top bar: Always visible