Flash of Death by Cindy Dees

Flash of Death

by Cindy Dees

Series: Code X (2)

This was a great story. Enjoyed it not being like the first in that Trent didn't totally overthink his non-being normal!

phtochic | Aug 15, 2016 |
3 STARS This is a steamy read. I admit I skipped a few pages of the love scenes. I was wanting more of a story. I guessed pretty early who the bad guy was. I wanted more action with his team too. Chloe Jordan was leaving her sister's wedding and when she was crossing the road she almost got run over. Someone knocked her out of the street. Trent Hollings is very fast super hero fast. He saw the car aim for Chloe and was able to knock her out of the way. Then he escorted her to her room and got her drunk. They had a night of passion and then Trent left her. Chloe woke up and could not belive what they had done with each other and was glad not to see him thier. Trent went and reported her accident with his group, they thought that because her sister married one of them it might be aimed at them. So Trent a rich trust fund was assigned to watch over her and protect her. Chole is working with the FBI right out of collage she was asked to go work at a company as a accountant and find what they were hiding. She had just graduated from collage as forensics accountant. When she got home from the wedding a another worker asked to meet her at a bar. he snuck her a flash drive with all the records of the company and asked for help with somethings he found he was really nervous. The next day on the news said he was murdered. Chloe was so shocked she dropped her glass and went pale. Next thing thier was a knock at her door and it was Trent he had been watching her and saw her drop the glass. She thought he was a stalker. After calling his boss agreed that he could watch over her. Thier was attempt to kidnap her but Trent was able to rescue her that time. This was a good book and I will try more books from Cindy in the future. Just not what I wanted right now. If you enjoy lots of love scenes you will like this book too. I was given this ebook to read in exchange of honest review from Netgalley. 09/03/2012 PUB Harlequin Imprint Harlequin Romantic Suspense ( )
  rhonda1111 | Oct 7, 2012 |
I enjoyed this book, and I didn't feel lost even though I had not read others in the Code X series. I enjoyed the love story, and also was interested in the developing mystery and suspense of the novel. I did not expect the ending, although I did have my suspiscions about a certain character. Would be very interested in reading some of the other novels in the series, especially given that we are given a glimpse of the others' abilities in this book. Sunny's story seems interesting, I found myself wondering if she knew of her new husband's ability to stay under water for extended periods of time, although that seems easier to conceal than super human speed.... Great introduction to the series for me, definitely makes you want to read more.

I received a free copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  sar450 | Aug 27, 2012 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0373277962, Mass Market Paperback)

Flash of Death Trent Hollings has been secretly engineered to be the fastest man on earth. But when Chloe Jordan walks into his life, with all her sexy reserve, time stands still for him. Not even the threat of retaliation from a powerful enemy can stop Trent from using his hidden skills to keep her safe...The Vanishing PI Max Duhon will do anything to help sexy Colette Guidry close a missing person's case, even admit how attracted he is to his client. But as their investigation deepens, Max finds himself protecting Colette from inexplicable terrors. It seems they may have come too close to uncovering a deadly secret - and dangerously close to each other.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:51 -0400)

Trent Hollings has been secretly engineered to be the fastest man on earth. But when undercover forensics accountant Chloe Jordan walks into his life, with all her sexy reserve, time stands still for him. Not even the threat of retaliation from a powerful drug cartel can stop Trent from using his superhuman skills to keep her safe. Chloe takes one look at Trent and sees everything she's ever craved and avoided when it comes to men: adventure--and lies. Still, she knows that it's only a matter of time before she surrenders to this smoking-hot man. But when the enemy finds them, Chloe is confronted with a truth that could destroy her love for Trent forever.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,915,546 books! | Top bar: Always visible