I Am Number Four: The Lost Files: The…

I Am Number Four: The Lost Files: The Legacies (Lorien Legacies: The Lost… (edition 2012)

by Pittacus Lore (Author)

2011158,418 (3.78)2
Member:UWBCLibrary
Title:I Am Number Four: The Lost Files: The Legacies (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files)
Authors:Pittacus Lore (Author)
Info:HarperCollins (2012), 416 pages

I Am Number Four: The Lost Files: The Legacies (Lorien Legacies) by Pittacus Lore

So I just read this thinking I was reading I AM NUMBER FOUR. I was like this is a whole different ballgame from the movie, but now I see this is a companion book. I liked it. I felt a little confused about some things because so much is old news within the universe of this series and totally new to me, but it wasn't too difficult to keep up. Now I'm off to check out the actual first book LOL ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
It was so refreshing to read Lorien stories that weren't from John's perspective at all! I did enjoy reading these stories as I'm so intrigued by Loric-Mogadorian fight and I felt this was a fitting companion to expand on the individual stories of the rest of the Garde, other than what we have gained from the series itself. Note that this book, though set before the main series, is best read after reading the previous books (#1 - #3) that were published before this one, mainly as the author doesn't explain anything about the Garde, the Loric or their fight with the 'Mogs', which I was glad of.

What I was not glad about was "Pittacus Lore" (we all know it's you, James Frey!) and his ridiculous attempts to add romance/love stories/possible love stories/even just crushes to every single backstory (or current - but that's another review!). It. Is. Just. Not. Necessary. I understand the lure of human relationships, even friendships or connections, but guys, c'mon. YOU ARE IN MORTAL DANGER. I can maybe understand One, she had no idea just how much danger she was in. But Nine? Really? Guys how about the protection of our races? Clearly both humans and the Loric are in trouble, why don't you do what you were sent here for and keep yourselves alive? Don't argue that you're only human - because you're not. You are supposed to be more than that! Pull your heads in!

That being said, Adam the Mog was quite an interesting character. A bit of a speed through of the find and murder of Two and Three, but interesting to see it through the eyes of a character not yet encountered this way. Looking forward to seeing more of that! (And less of John...) ( )
  crashmyparty | Dec 9, 2014 |
Though each of the three stories are short, each definitely packs a punch.

Read the rest of my review on my blog: http://shouldireaditornot.wordpress.com/2013/01/17/i-am-number-four-the-lost-fil... ( )
  ShouldIReadIt | Sep 26, 2014 |
If you are a fan of the first two volumes in this series, then you will enjoy this book. It is written as 3 novella type shorts and gives some interesting back stories on two of the garde and brings in an unexpected sympathizer in the 3rd short.
  dmerrell | Aug 20, 2014 |

I Am Number Four: The Lost Files: The Legacies contains three action-packed novellas that give the heart-pounding backstories of some of your favorite Loriens. Originally published as the e-novellas Six's Legacy, Nine's Legacy, and The Fallen Legacies, now, for the first time ever, their backstories are together in one volume.

You know we're out there, living among you.
You know we're waiting for our day to come.
You have seen the power of our legacies.
You know this is why they hunt us.
You may think you know our stories.
You are wrong.
We each have our own story.
We know the time has come to share them with you.
Our legacies are your only hope.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:54 -0400)

They are living among us. You think you know their stories. You're wrong... Here are three action-packed novellas that give the heart-pounding backstories of some of your favorite Loriens. Originally published as separate e-novellas, this is their first time in print, in one volume.… (more)

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,935,443 books! | Top bar: Always visible