Guardian Of Time: Shardwell Series (Volume…

Guardian Of Time: Shardwell Series (Volume 2)

by A. Gerry

721,138,814 (4.33)None

The second book in the series was way better than the first one. This book clarifies a lot of glaring points that were missed/left out of the first book that had me confused.

This book takes place in an entirely different universe and I love the introduction of the new characters. This story builds a universe that readers did not get to entirely experience in the first book and develops the story complexly along the way. Although sometimes it was a bit drawn out the descriptions were more appreciated than not.

I am certainly enthralled by this book and excited to see what is coming next.

Note: I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  wolfangel87 | Feb 27, 2013 |
I very much enjoyed the first book, Phoenix Angel, by Gerry and Hall, so I requested to see the second book. I'm glad I did, because it clarified a lot of things-- including what the title Phoenix Angel meant, and the meaning of the picture on the cover.

Guardian of Time is a completely different book than Phoenix Angel and takes place in a different timeline/universe or "shard" if I may. We are introduced to both familiar and new characters-- but all have a new role and a new aspect of their personalities. Without giving too much away, Prince Raeylan (who I have a bit of a crush on), and his twin Margariete, try to defend their homeland from enemies who are jealous of their power. Margariete meets a new friend, Esilwen, who has lost her memory. We have a lot of universe building that helps us understand what has happened before in Phoenix Angel, and how this universe is essential to our understanding.

I love how this book was completely different from the first, and how the plot was so intricate. I loved how we got to learn more about Raeylan, Margariete, and Esilwen, all who are very briefly introduced at the end of Phoenix Angel. The book got stronger and stronger as it went along, and I am eager to see where this series is headed.

At times, the world building dragged too long, but the rest of the book was worth it. I also question a little the title and picture of the first book-- while its meaning became clear in this second installment, it may leave the reader too confused.

That said, these two sisters are talented, and these books are well worth your time to read! ( )
  chickey1981 | Sep 2, 2012 |

A secret has the power to destroy a kingdom. I have learned this through both isolation and sorrow. My inheritance is a legacy of lies—they flow through my family like poison. Each new morning they become harder to hide. But now my world is in turmoil. The Second Kingdom has already fallen. Demons rise from its ashes, crossing our borders to slaughter my people. Betrayal threatens to consume all I strive to defend. The Jeweled City is on the brink of war and only my marriage to a stranger can slow its tide. How can I choose between duty and love?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:02:21 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,808,603 books! | Top bar: Always visible