I Am The Secret Footballer: Lifting the Lid…

I Am The Secret Footballer: Lifting the Lid on the Beautiful Game

by Anonymus

Football has never been bigger – in terms of both finances and global status. Players are like rock stars from your Ozzy Osbourne’s (Luis Suarez – likes to bite things) to your Bono’s (David Beckham – does a lot for charity y’know) and your Donny Tourette’s (John Terry – no one likes him) to your Liam Gallagher’s (Joey Barton – talks a good game and likes a punch-up).

To read the rest of this review please visit: http://stevenscaffardi.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/i-am-secret-footballer-book-review... ( )
  StevenScaffardi | Jun 8, 2013 |
Easy to read book and also quite an insight into what the modern day football player thinks.
I laughed a few times at some of the comments and observations.
I also reckon that the author is Dave Kitson but I am probably wrong. ( )
  Daftboy1 | Jan 22, 2013 |
Some very interesting insights into the world of professional football in England. The fact that the author is anonymous allows him to write candidly in a manner not otherwise possible.

The writing style is very good and a lot of what is written is intriguing. However a lot more questions arise as a result of the book, and my curiosity is aroused about which people are involved in some of the more exciting stories.

Elements of the book felt me feeling a little short changed but there was enough insider secrets about player behaviour, agents and managers to make it an enjoyable read. I'd definitely be interested in a sequel. ( )
  fothpaul | Sep 8, 2012 |

Who is the Secret Footballer? His identity, jealously guarded by just one person at The Guardian, is the subject of many feverish blog posts and forums. Whoever he is -- and whoever he plays for -- he is always honest, always fearless and always opinionated.

The Secret Footballer reveals everything you need to know about the beautiful (and not so beautiful) game, from racism to relegation and from team talks to the slow decline of the goalkeeper.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:43 -0400)

This genuine story of one player's career is a unique combination of considered analysis, tell-all gossip and the joys and frustrations that only someone who plays football at the highest levels can really feel.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,760,285 books! | Top bar: Always visible