His Wicked Heart (Secrets & Scandals #2) by…

His Wicked Heart (Secrets & Scandals #2)

by Darcy Burke

How does one regain trust in a woman that did him a wrong? Jasper, our hero and 'His Wicked Ways' Miranda's brother, went and will go through many trials and tribulations, before he can accept Olivia for who she really is, and give her his undying love and trust.

Olivia finds herself in a desperate situation and is willing to do almost anything to get out of it, but when her plan backfires and she is caught, will she be able to accept the price of her folly?

Another well written and plotted fun, fast paced read. If you're looking for two strong characters that are constantly butting heads, these two are IT!

Melanie for b2b
Complimentary copy provided by the publisher ( )
  bookworm2bookworm | Mar 30, 2017 |
Wow another great book by up and coming author Darcy Burke. If I did not know the difference I would swear this book was fresh off one of the “Big 6” publishing houses press. Darcy has that special creative gift for writing historical romance. There are two genre’s that I am favor. One is a great thriller/horror by the master Stephen King. The other is historical romance set in England. I want the Dukes, Lords, Princes, Ladies, ball gowns, slippers, morning gowns, walking dresses and horse drawn carriages. I want it all in historical romance. The only stipulation is that it has to be set in England, Ireland, or Scotland and before the 1830’s. I do not like reading anything after the 1830’s. Books set after that have too much of the Second Industrial Age.
Saxon is heir to the Dukedom. He father is a total arsewipe. He does not care about anything except his own agenda. He expects his children to follow all of his rules without question because he is the duke and that makes him right.
While this is the second book in the series, it was very easy to read and does not require the first book to be read. There is reference to the first book but just enough to let the reader know what is happening to the other characters without overwhelming people who have not read the first book.
There is sparks between Fox and Miranda. It is something each of them is fighting. Miranda knows her family will never allow her to marry someone that is totally unacceptable like Fox. He does not have money or a title, two requirements from her father. However that does not stop the sparks or the interest they each have.
Thanks for another great read Darcy.
  kybunnies | Oct 19, 2014 |
What a great read! If you are looking for a smokin-hot hero - Jasper is here! You need to read this book!

Can't wait to read more by this author!!
  Books007 | Jul 2, 2013 |
First, I gotta say this: I adore these covers! Look at those hunks! Wow! I would love to go back in time to see all the sexy men from the era. Anyway, on to my review. I gotta say that when I read a historical romance, I want it to have sizzling passion, vivid historical elements, humor and complex characters. Darcy Burke created three fabulous books filled with all those things and more. She took my breath away from page one of Her Wicked Ways, took me on a whirlwind ride in His Wicked Heart and set me down in a place I didn't want to leave in To Seduce A Scoundrel. All three of these books are breathtaking awesomeness!

In Her Wicked Ways, I don't know which character I adored more, Miranda Sinclair or Fox. Both were delightfully humorous and full of passion. Miranda is a spoiled, rich Lady, and Fox is lower class orphanage worker. When Miranda is sent off by her parents to live with the Carmody's she soon finds that there is more to life than money. The sizzling passion that flies between Fox and Miranda is enough to keep me hanging on wondering what will happen next.

In His Wicked Heart, we meet the second Sinclair family member, Jasper. Wowee! I totally want one of him....I mean, look at his sexiness on the cover! Ahem...yes, anyway. His story is filled with wickedness and charm and a beautiful lady that he can't help but feel passionate towards! The trouble is, she's an orphan and destitute, seeking his money and he wants to enter a fighting club competition. Olivia made a vow to keep herself pure, but steal away with the money of the Earl Of Saxton. What ensues instead is a deception that will discovered, a night of passion, and the hearts of two strangers colliding in the most unlikely of ways.

In the series conclusion, To Seduce A Scoundrel, we get the look into Lady Phillipa (see His Wicked Heart!) and Lord Ambrose's story. Lord Ambrose is a boxer who is completely misunderstood. His reputation is ruined, and he just wants to prove himself worthy. When Lady Phillipa requires his assistance things quickly get out of hand. He's just trying to save a damsel in distress without ruining her. So, when things take on a new turn and he's forced to fight, Lady Phillipa steps up. What ensues from there is a whirlwind of excitement and deep passion!

Ms. Burke has hit it out of the ball park with all three of these amazing stories. Each one is connected, though these 5 Book worthy novels could be read as a stand alone. However, I recommend you read each one in order to grasp the story in it's entirety. From secrets, to scandals, to finding true love, Ms. Burke weaves stories that will not only steal your heart, but steal a forever place on your shelves! I am now a forever fan of this talented lady and am anxiously awaiting more books from her. A terrifically amazing job, Ms. Burke!

*This review is based on a complimentary copy which was provided for an honest review* ( )
  ReviewsbyMolly | Aug 19, 2012 |

IT'S HARD TO BE RESPECTABLE Jasper Sinclair, Earl of Saxton, made a bargain with his devil of a father to marry in one month’s time. But instead of shackling himself to an acceptable debutante, he indulges his baser needs. He joins a fighting club and pursues a delectable woman who may not be what she seems. Soon he finds himself battling addictions that threaten his already wicked heart. WHEN YOU'D RATHER BE WICKED Orphaned seamstress Olivia West wants the chance to lead an honest, respectable life, but the arrogant Earl of Saxton launches a daunting campaign to make her his mistress. Destitute and desperate, she agrees to one night with the dangerous lord, hatching a scheme to take his money and keep her virtue. However, Jasper uncovers her deception and vows to claim what he's owed—not his money, her.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:16 -0400)

It's hard to be respectable Jasper Sinclair, Earl of Saxton, made a bargain with his devil of a father to marry in one month's time. But instead of shackling himself to an acceptable debutante, he indulges his baser needs. He joins a fighting club and pursues a delectable woman who may not be what she seems. Soon he finds himself battling addictions that threaten his already wicked heart. When you'd rather be wicked Orphaned seamstress Olivia West wants the chance to lead an honest, respectable life, but the arrogant Earl of Saxton launches a daunting campaign to make her his mistress. Destitute and desperate, she agrees to one night with the dangerous lord, hatching a scheme to take his money and keep her virtue. However, Jasper uncovers her deception and vows to claim what he's owed -- not his money, her.… (more)

Darcy Burke is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,646,546 books! | Top bar: Always visible