To Seduce a Scoundrel by Darcy Burke

To Seduce a Scoundrel

by Darcy Burke

Sparks fly when you pair a society's most virtues miss with its Vicious Viscount!

In this story she gave me two well developed and complex characters who had me root for them throughout the entire story.

At this point I thought I knew what to expect from Ms. Burke, but she managed to surprise me with this one and I hope you'll give her a chance to do the same to you.

Melanie for b2b
Complimentary copy provided by the publisher ( )
  bookworm2bookworm | Mar 30, 2017 |
This is the third book in the series. Two more books are supposed to be out in winter 2013. I read all three books in about 1.5 days. However that is because I am on sick leave at work so I do not have anything else to do except read.
Philippa is supposed to be a beauty with several seasons behind her. Her mother has told her she has to marry and find a betrothal within 30 days. She wants marriage but only with love involved. She does not want the loveless, lifeless marriage her parents have.
Sevrin is a rake, a scoundrel that has nothing to lose and not concerned with anything that involves gaining something. It is rumored that he seduced his older brother’s betrothal and left her ruined. It is also rumored that he killed his older brother to gain the title.
Sevrin and Philippa travel along a without benefit of courtship. She is trying to find a suitable man to marry while Sevrin is fighting demons from the past. Philippa is drawn to Sevrin the same way he is drawn to her. They each fight it at every turn.
All historical romance books have the same plot with the same outcome at the end. Some authors are better than others at writing or creating the scenes to keep readers interested. Darcy’s writing and books have created a wonderful interesting world. She has that amazing gift to draw a reader in and take them anywhere with her words.
Thanks for another amazing read Darcy. I have found a new favorite historical romance author. I am looking forward to your next book.
  kybunnies | Oct 19, 2014 |
TO SEDUCE A SCOUNDREL by Darcy Burke is another interesting Regency Historical Romance. #3 in the "Secrets and Scandals" series, again this one can be read as a stand alone. Although, I gotta say I read these backwards. I read "Never Love a Scoundrel" first, therefore know how "To Seduce a Scoundrel" turns out. With this said, I enjoyed reading "To Seduce a Scoundrel" a lot. The characters are engaging, the storyline intriguing,and the passion hot. Filled with secrets,grief,passion,and scandal. Join Lord Ambrose Sevrin, the scoundrel who needs a seduction and debutante Lady Philippa Latham,who is trying to avoid a scandal and looking for a husband. But atlas, things does not always work out like you plan. A great read! Well written! Ms. Burke is a wonderful storyteller of Regency romance. Received for an honest review from the publisher and Net Galley.

RATING: 4

HEAT RATING: HOT

REVIEWED BY: AprilR, Review courtesy of My Book Addiction and More ( )
  MyBookAddiction | Aug 24, 2013 |
I'm no decent gentleman! ____________3 1/2 stars

Well the story certainly starts with a rush when the misplaced confidence of our heroine, Lady Philipa, leaves her and the reader in the middle of scenes of debauchery , leaping (well being hoisted over)walls and attacked by ruffians. Lord Ambrose Severin (our indecent gentleman) is the anguished, guilt ridden hero and Lady Philipa Latham is a headstrong, young miss, whose parents feel that she must marry, soon. Given her spurning of a previous suitor this is becoming all the more important. Of course, the fact that her parents are seemingly embroiled in extra marital affairs does colour all her actions. Mind you her mother's unbelievable actions lead to Phillipa's entangled and possibly devastating position.
Unfortunately, the story for me did not live up to all it's early promise.
That being said, I would still recommend it as a continuation of the series and catching up with the lives of those characters that you've met in the past. I must admit I want to go back to the beginning of the series.

A NetGalley ARC ( )
  eyes.2c | Jul 31, 2013 |
First, I gotta say this: I adore these covers! Look at those hunks! Wow! I would love to go back in time to see all the sexy men from the era. Anyway, on to my review. I gotta say that when I read a historical romance, I want it to have sizzling passion, vivid historical elements, humor and complex characters. Darcy Burke created three fabulous books filled with all those things and more. She took my breath away from page one of Her Wicked Ways, took me on a whirlwind ride in His Wicked Heart and set me down in a place I didn't want to leave in To Seduce A Scoundrel. All three of these books are breathtaking awesomeness!

In Her Wicked Ways, I don't know which character I adored more, Miranda Sinclair or Fox. Both were delightfully humorous and full of passion. Miranda is a spoiled, rich Lady, and Fox is lower class orphanage worker. When Miranda is sent off by her parents to live with the Carmody's she soon finds that there is more to life than money. The sizzling passion that flies between Fox and Miranda is enough to keep me hanging on wondering what will happen next.

In His Wicked Heart, we meet the second Sinclair family member, Jasper. Wowee! I totally want one of him....I mean, look at his sexiness on the cover! Ahem...yes, anyway. His story is filled with wickedness and charm and a beautiful lady that he can't help but feel passionate towards! The trouble is, she's an orphan and destitute, seeking his money and he wants to enter a fighting club competition. Olivia made a vow to keep herself pure, but steal away with the money of the Earl Of Saxton. What ensues instead is a deception that will discovered, a night of passion, and the hearts of two strangers colliding in the most unlikely of ways.

In the series conclusion, To Seduce A Scoundrel, we get the look into Lady Phillipa (see His Wicked Heart!) and Lord Ambrose's story. Lord Ambrose is a boxer who is completely misunderstood. His reputation is ruined, and he just wants to prove himself worthy. When Lady Phillipa requires his assistance things quickly get out of hand. He's just trying to save a damsel in distress without ruining her. So, when things take on a new turn and he's forced to fight, Lady Phillipa steps up. What ensues from there is a whirlwind of excitement and deep passion!

Ms. Burke has hit it out of the ball park with all three of these amazing stories. Each one is connected, though these 5 Book worthy novels could be read as a stand alone. However, I recommend you read each one in order to grasp the story in it's entirety. From secrets, to scandals, to finding true love, Ms. Burke weaves stories that will not only steal your heart, but steal a forever place on your shelves! I am now a forever fan of this talented lady and am anxiously awaiting more books from her. A terrifically amazing job, Ms. Burke!

*This review is based on a complimentary copy which was provided for an honest review* ( )
  ReviewsbyMolly | Aug 19, 2012 |

A LADY ON THE BRINK OF DISASTER Quintessential debutante Lady Philippa Latham is determined to avoid scandal at all costs so that she may marry well. When her mother’s outrageous behavior threatens their family’s reputation, Philippa unwittingly follows her to a party no unmarried Society girl would risk attending. As if that wasn’t bad enough, Philippa is “rescued” from disaster by England’s most notorious scoundrel, which sets them both on a path to public and personal ruin. A SCOUNDREL IN NEED OF SEDUCTION Lord Ambrose Sevrin is infamous for ruining his brother’s fiancée and refusing to marry her. Content to remain among the fringe of the upper ten thousand, he is an intriguing enigma to London’s elite. Philippa thinks she’s met the true Ambrose—a gentleman who would fight to defend her and help her secure a husband before it’s too late. But he can’t be that husband, even for her. He won’t tolerate redemption—or love—for his crimes are far worse than anyone can imagine.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:22 -0400)

A LADY ON THE BRINK OF DISASTER Quintessential debutante Lady Philippa Latham is determined to avoid scandal at all costs so that she may marry well. When her mother's outrageous behavior threatens their family's reputation, Philippa unwittingly follows her to a party no unmarried Society girl would risk attending. As if that wasn't bad enough, Philippa is "rescued" from disaster by England's most notorious scoundrel, which sets them both on a path to public and personal ruin. A SCOUNDREL IN NEED OF SEDUCTION Lord Ambrose Sevrin is infamous for ruining his brother's fianc and refusing to marry her. Content to remain among the fringe of the upper ten thousand, he is an intriguing enigma to London's elite. Philippa thinks she's met the true Ambrose -- a gentleman who would fight to defend her and help her secure a husband before it's too late. But he can't be that husband, even for her. He won't tolerate redemption -- or love -- for his crimes are far worse than anyone can imagine.… (more)

Darcy Burke is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,415,865 books! | Top bar: Always visible