From Fame to Shame: Twin Fame by Veronica…

From Fame to Shame: Twin Fame

by Veronica Blade

113820,536 (4)None

Jackie Bloom, famous star, needs to get out of the limelight to pull herself back from the Nervous Breakdown Abyss, so she enlists the help of her identical twin, Maddie. Maddie is the opposite of her twin. She likes a quiet life with books and photography, but she loves her twin, so agrees to the switch for a few days, possibly a week while her sister goes back to their parents to live as Maddie with only their parents and Jackie’s assistant Stella privy to the switch. Maddie only needs to make a few appearances as Jackie and lay low in Jackie’s apartment the rest of the time. What could possible go wrong?

An enjoyable short story with interesting characters. Maddie has a mad crush on Jackie’s neighbor, Dallas Bines, who also happens to be an ex-boyfriend of her sister. Jackie says he dumped her, but now he seems to be taking an inordinate interest in Jackie(Maddie) and Maddie just can’t resist him even though she’s supposed to be laying low.

This is a first read of Veronica Blade for me. I need to see what else she has out there.

*The publisher provided a copy of this story to me for review. Please see disclaimer page on my blog. ( )
  AVoraciousReader | Feb 3, 2013 |
Reviewed by: Angie
Book provided by: Publisher
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

This book made me an instant fan of this author. While it may sound like your typical twin-switch book, it’s really not. In fact, the ending was my favorite part of the entire story because it was NOT what I expected.

I wasn’t overly fond of Jackie. She seemed like a very spoiled brat who always gets her way, while Maddie, her twin, seemed perfectly comfortable with her life in suburban California away from the limelight her sister both craves and hates. I wanted to know more about the girls. How did Jackie get into acting? How did her parents feel when she left home at 16 to pursue her career? Did Maddie feel abandoned? How did Jackie meet Stella? And how the heck did no one in Jackie’s life realize that she had a twin sister?!

While Jackie seemed to only just need a break from acting, Maddie grew the more time she spent with Dallas. I especially loved the scene where she took pictures of him. Dallas was very likable, though a bit clueless, and a lot nicer than the other stars that Maddie met as she pretended to be her famous sister. Even if she was scared, Maddie made it through like a champ and never let anyone see her scared out of her mind. I half-wondered at times if there would be a slip and the whole world would know what the girls did, mainly because of the title, but thankfully that didn’t happen.

I do hope that this turns into a series that answers all of the questions I asked above. I read this story in less than two hours and hated for it to end…I wanted to know MORE! I am an instant fan of Ms. Blade’s and can’t wait to read her other books. ( )
  RtB | Jan 22, 2013 |
{ I was kindly provided a Kindle edition of this book for free by the author. Review originally posted on my blog, PidginPea's Book Nook. }

Jackie is a Hollywood celebrity, but she's feeling a little overwhelmed with the pressures that come with being an actress, and she needs some time to herself to de-stress. So she asks her twin sister Maddie to take her place for a while. Maddie needs a little convincing, but she agrees to step into Jackie's glamorous life. She is thrown into the Hollywood mix right away, and although she has help from Jackie's assistant, she still makes a few missteps here and there. Luckily, Jackie's ex, Dallas, always seems to be around to help her out. Dallas is kind and chivalrous and wonderful...but he's Jackie's ex. Maddie knows she can't date her sister's ex behind her back. But she can't seem to help herself...

I'm a little picky about romances; I don't usually like reading adult romances because they go into a little *too* much detail for me and end up making me squirm uncomfortably. I don't need evvverything spelled out for me. I like to get the scene set for me, read a little steaminess, and then I'm good to cut straight to the "dot dot dot." So for me, Blade wrote a perfect romance with From Fame to Shame! Maddie and Dallas fall in love at a perfect pace, and their romantic moments got my own heart racing. Dallas is the perfect YA romance hottie: he's sweet, he's caring, and he's...well, hot. I was wishing he could step out of the book and take me on a date too!

This romance is short and sweet - you could easily read it in a day. It keeps you hooked on Maddie's efforts to pass as her sister and Maddie and Dallas's blossoming romance. It was cute and steamy and fun! I'm hooked on Blade's style and I definitely wouldn't hesitate to pick up another of her YA romances! ( )
  PidginPea | Sep 9, 2012 |

"This book was so much fun, I didn't want it to end." -- Susan Hatler, International Bestselling Author everythingtodowithbooks.blogspot.com said "It is far too addictive. I stayed up until 3 in the morning just to finish it because it had some kind of addictive quality that compelled me to continue reading until the very end!" http://freak-ya-tastic.blogspot.com said "In fact, I was so caught in this novel that I read it in a couple of hours. How can I resist to a fresh, light, cute and kind of hot read? It's just impossible." chapter-by-chapter.com said, "With the perfect body and the sexiest personality, he is my official fictional celebrity boyfriend (and the first)... An amazing quick read that I won’t soon forget." PRODUCT DESCRIPTION When good-girl Maddie switches places with her famous bad-girl twin Jackie, she has some pretty high stilettos to fill. Despite the danger of tabloid drama if their identity swap is discovered, Maddie has to save her sister's butt. When Jackie’s ex-boyfriend shows up with a rekindled spark for “Jackie,” his deep gray eyes and sweet kisses make Maddie's heart thumpety thump. But dating the guy who dumped her sister is a no-no. Too bad Dallas isn’t used to girls saying no. What will happen when he discovers Maddie’s deception? EXCERPT OF FROM FAME TO SHAME “And what are your plans later tonight?” Dallas reached up to rub a lock of my hair between his thumb and finger. “Plans?” My mouth went dry. He stood way too close and my concentration slipped. “You always have plans.” His eyes caressed my face. “Not tonight.” Somewhere deep in my soul, I knew that was the wrong answer. It opened the door to a date with him, which would lead straight to trouble. But when your brain stops working, telling the truth is so much easier. “A friend told me that Josh Adams is jamming at Hanks Blues tonight. It’s supposed to be a surprise. Should be fun.” I nodded, since it was all I was capable of at the moment. “We’ll have dinner there. I’ll pick you up at six.” Preventing Dallas from making another date with me would’ve been smart. The words hovered in my throat, but I couldn’t force them out. Even if I didn’t reject his offer, I needed to say something. Or, at the very least, finish cleaning up after breakfast. And yet, I couldn’t move. I just stared into his eyes as they fixed on mine. His gaze fell to my mouth, then he reached both hands up to cup my face and, inch by inch, brought his mouth to mine. Our lips touched, feather-light. He shifted his body and brought his thighs against mine, but he didn’t deepen the kiss. He just skimmed the surface, gently teasing my mouth until my nerve endings hummed. Seconds stretched and my lungs stilled as I ached for more. Then, slowly, he withdrew, keeping close enough that I still felt his warm breath against my skin. I couldn’t catch my breath. A thick haze clouded my brain and I worried he might ask me something, anything, that required a response and I’d slip up. Fear that I’d blow it for Jackie paralyzed me. Oh, my God! Jackie! If she knew I’d just kissed the guy who dumped her, she’d be hurt and feel betrayed. Jackie didn’t need that, on top of everything else. “I…” I had no idea what to say. I only knew that if someone didn’t say something soon and break the trance, I would betray Jackie worse than I already had. Because, more than anything, I wanted this guy, no matter how nice he was.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:48 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,430,811 books! | Top bar: Always visible