Into the Arms of Madness: A Novel of…

Into the Arms of Madness: A Novel of Suspense (edition 2012)

by Regina Pacelli

Info:CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (2012), Paperback, 224 pages
Rating:***1/2
Tags:Member Giveaway Kindle Fire

Into the Arms of Madness: A Novel of Suspense by Regina Pacelli

I received this book for free in exchange for providing an honest review.

This book was unique. While the premise is rather far fetched, isn't that what fantasy is supposed to be? The book had its moments of suspense and the ending was not as I expected. It is a good book for a rainy day at the cottage. I did enjoy the book but I doubt that I'll read it a second time. ( )
  lexiesmom | Sep 1, 2013 |
A very blissful newlywed has her world turned upside down when her husband reveals a life-changing secret his family has been helping him hide for years. A really interesting premise, the book definitely ventures into unbelievable territory, which is where it lost me some. The secret itself wasn't so unbelievable (I do read a lot of mysteries and thrillers after all, hee hee!), but how the wife reacted throughout the story seemed way too calm and accepting-while her struggle is discussed (she is the first person narrator of the story), it just didn't seem realistic. The last paragraph of the epilogue though gives really interesting insight into her character, and kind of makes everything make a little more sense. ( )
  seasonsoflove | Feb 2, 2013 |
WOW, what a book. I really enjoyed read it. It keeped me reading, and when I but it down I had to pick it back up. ( )
  dstawarz | Jan 17, 2013 |
“Into the Arms of Madness: A Novel of Suspense” by Regina Pacelli could not have been better named. She has developed a mad man unlike any other in fiction that I know of. Her character development is superb, bringing her characters to life. Even the whole mildly insane family rings true. This is a really potent story, and the suspense is almost enough to bring on an ulcer. This is a story you will want to add to your list of books to be read. It is a very well-written story, but also a very good tale.

“Into the Arms of Madness” begins with a pair of newlyweds heading to a cabin on a lake for their honeymoon. Almost immediately the bride sees a side of her new husband that he kept well hidden throughout their courtship. She also meets his rather strange and bizarre family for the first time… in their honeymoon cabin. Unable to fully believe or comprehend the evidence in front of her, she tries telling herself she’s just tired from the wedding and the drive, and not really thinking straight; it’ll look better in the morning. But it doesn’t look better in the morning. If anything, it looks worse and worse as each hour passes into the next. She sees completely opposite sides of him that she has never before seen, yet feels compelled to assume she is somehow at fault for having said or done something that upset him. Continuing to profess her undying love for him, she literally puts her life in his hands.

This story climaxes in a drug-induced haze of unreality. I can’t say any more without spoiling it for you. But I WILL say this book will hold onto you until you finish reading it. Don’t expect to get anything else done until you finish this book. I recommend that you get it, but I suggest you not start reading it until you can set aside an appropriate block of time to finish it. I believe that after you finish reading it, you will be recommending it to all your friends. I also believe your friends will all thank you for the recommendation after THEY have finished reading it. ( )
  Grampy | Jan 10, 2013 |
I wasn't sure what to make of this book. The writing is proficient enough, if a little essay like in places, but I did find the plot difficult to believe.

The plot was very interesting. Woman meets charismatic and caring man, marries him and they are travelling to a remote cabin for their romantic honeymoon. Man isn't quite what he seems and the whole episode becomes a nightmare, involving his whole family and his ex wife to whom he was married for a mere week.

Husband is totally insane and it bothered me that his family just allowed him to carry on his own sweet way and not intervene. Why did they only tell Bre, the wife, of his insanity after they married? Why wasn't he medicated or even locked up for that matter?

The ending was a bit rushed, but I liked the little teaser at the conclusion. The story was quick to read and absorbing and I believe this writer has great promise. Just rein in the over the top plotlines!

This book was made available to me, by the author, for an honest review. ( )
  teresa1953 | Dec 15, 2012 |

Young newlyweds Todd and Bridget met at a two-hour seminar and took an immediate liking to each other. Smart, caring, and quick-thinking individuals, they've been devoted to each other and like two peas in a pod ever since. But, when on their honeymoon, Bridget learns bizarre and alarming things about Todd, things that he's kept secret until now, their idyllic romance begins careening out of control.
Todd has high hopes and wants nothing more than for Bridget to understand and be part of his world. As Bridget struggles to understand the man she married and used to think she knew all about, and the situation escalates, the events that unfold will end up putting their sanity and love for each other to the test.

Regina Pacelli is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,400,674 books! | Top bar: Always visible