Into the Arms of Madness: A Novel of…

Into the Arms of Madness: A Novel of Suspense (edition 2012)

by Regina Pacelli

Member:teresa1953
Title:Into the Arms of Madness: A Novel of Suspense
Authors:Regina Pacelli
Info:CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (2012), Paperback, 224 pages
Rating:***1/2
Tags:Member Giveaway Kindle Fire

Into the Arms of Madness: A Novel of Suspense by Regina Pacelli

I received this book as part of a Member Giveaway from LibraryThing. I liked the writer's style, the pace was fast, and I read the book i one sitting as the suspense was gripping. The character of Todd was very interesting in the aspects of his madness. However, I like the other reviewers, find the pot unrealistic. Todd's madness is known to several different people and is allowed to continue, even though there are multiple opportunities to get him help. Also, the character of Bridget needs some help herself, which is never explored. Maybe if the book was longer, there plot and characters could be more developed. The author also needs to do some editing. I liked the authors style though, if the is some reworking of the plot, it could be a very good read. ( )
  calicocat901 | Jul 22, 2014 |
Into the Arms of Madness is a harrowing tale of madness and intrigue. It begins with a wedding. Todd and Bridget celebrate their lovely wedding and get ready to begin a happy life together. Only when Bridget wakes up the next morning she starts to notice that Todd’s behavior has changed.

Author Regina Pacelli takes us on a thrilling ride that leaves us asking ourselves how well do you really know someone and how much can love overlook? The suspense builds as Bridget wonders what is behind Todd’s peculiar behavior. Pacelli sets the pace with precision lending to the frightening moment we discover what Todd has been hiding and how will it affect Bridget. Pacelli brings every emotion to life with carefully constructed dialogue and superb narration.

For a suspenseful and exciting mystery you’ll be sure to love, I highly recommend it! ( )
  AllyMcMahon | Jun 20, 2014 |
I received this book for free in exchange for providing an honest review.

This book was unique. While the premise is rather far fetched, isn't that what fantasy is supposed to be? The book had its moments of suspense and the ending was not as I expected. It is a good book for a rainy day at the cottage. I did enjoy the book but I doubt that I'll read it a second time. ( )
  lexiesmom | Sep 1, 2013 |
A very blissful newlywed has her world turned upside down when her husband reveals a life-changing secret his family has been helping him hide for years. A really interesting premise, the book definitely ventures into unbelievable territory, which is where it lost me some. The secret itself wasn't so unbelievable (I do read a lot of mysteries and thrillers after all, hee hee!), but how the wife reacted throughout the story seemed way too calm and accepting-while her struggle is discussed (she is the first person narrator of the story), it just didn't seem realistic. The last paragraph of the epilogue though gives really interesting insight into her character, and kind of makes everything make a little more sense. ( )
  seasonsoflove | Feb 2, 2013 |
WOW, what a book. I really enjoyed read it. It keeped me reading, and when I but it down I had to pick it back up. ( )
  dstawarz | Jan 17, 2013 |

Young newlyweds Todd and Bridget met at a two-hour seminar and took an immediate liking to each other. Smart, caring, and quick-thinking individuals, they've been devoted to each other and like two peas in a pod ever since. But, when on their honeymoon, Bridget learns bizarre and alarming things about Todd, things that he's kept secret until now, their idyllic romance begins careening out of control.
Todd has high hopes and wants nothing more than for Bridget to understand and be part of his world. As Bridget struggles to understand the man she married and used to think she knew all about, and the situation escalates, the events that unfold will end up putting their sanity and love for each other to the test.

Regina Pacelli is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,629,494 books! | Top bar: Always visible