Into the Arms of Madness: A Novel of…

Into the Arms of Madness: A Novel of Suspense (edition 2012)

by Regina Pacelli

Member:teresa1953
Title:Into the Arms of Madness: A Novel of Suspense
Authors:Regina Pacelli
Info:CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (2012), Paperback, 224 pages
Rating:***1/2
Tags:Member Giveaway Kindle Fire

Into the Arms of Madness: A Novel of Suspense by Regina Pacelli

I didn't know much about this book before I read it. I entered and won a Member Giveaway on LibraryThing (a review upon completion was requested as part of the offer) based on an intriguing description of the plot provided with the contest announcement. I hoped Into the Arms of Madness would indeed prove to be an intriguing, enjoyable reading experience.

Thankfully, I can report that author Regina Pacelli did not disappoint these hopes. A sense of suspense drew me into the book immediately and kept my attention until the climax of the plot. I should add this is a very quick and easy, as well as entertaining, read.

Though enjoyable, I did find a few aspect of this novel to be problematic. First of all, I found the themes of the book were muddled. At least my understanding of them is muddled! I would say that the reason for this is the depiction of serious social issues as light matter. At the same time, while the tone as well as the material of the narration seems like it's supposed to be at least partly humorous at times, the joke element was never sufficiently sharp to produce amusement. For me, it only confused the effect of the narration in most cases.

Thank you for reading my ideas; I hope they can be useful to some fellow readers. ( )
  kara.shamy | Jan 5, 2015 |
Although the premise was interesting, the execution left something to be desired. The characters were not only two dimensional but acted and reacted in ways that weren't quite believable. The dialogue also needed some work, as it was a bit stilted. All in all, this could be stronger if heavily edited.
  mindy.magee | Oct 2, 2014 |
Into the Arms of Madness is a lot less, "A Novel of Suspense", and more of a first draft of something that could be really really good. As of right now, Bre, the main character, comes off as a naive young woman, who quickly marries her partner Todd after a short courtship. Just after the wedding, it is reveled that Todd has some peculiarities, to put it mildly, but in the end the young wife ends up happy. What ruins the book is the way too fantastical story plot. Give it another edit, and it could be great. ( )
  kristincedar | Sep 28, 2014 |
This was quite a chilling book as it covered the topic of ‘what happens when you’re on honeymoon and find out your partner isn’t who you thought they were’…a scary thought and particularly in the case of Bridget and Todd. I thought it was predominantly written well but some parts seemed to drag a bit while the climax was almost too quick and I felt myself wanting a bit more of the showdown, but the epilogue made up for that as in the conclusion, I felt an element of something else darker pervading once more. Sinister… ( )
  Bookworm1985 | Sep 27, 2014 |
Ever since Bre and Todd met at a seminar, they immediately became enamored with each other and have been inseparable. Even though at first glance, it may seem like a match made in heaven, Todd doesn't talk very much about his past, and he has been hiding terrible secrets from Bre. While on their honeymoon in a secluded cabin, Bre discovers some very disturbing facts about her new husband. Todd has problems distinguishing his alternate fantasy world-where he spends most of his time-from reality. His fantasies have become very dark and disturbing. Todd's family shows up to the cabin and further expand on their son's psychological problems. Bre now has to face whether she is going to continue her commitment to her new husband, and whether unconditional love is worth fighting for, in light of Todd's psychological problems.

Regina Pacelli's first fiction book is filled with a mix of love and psychological suspense. This book has some pretty disturbing content and therefore the more squeamish crowd may have issues.

*I was provided a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  JaelCherokee | Sep 8, 2014 |

Young newlyweds Todd and Bridget met at a two-hour seminar and took an immediate liking to each other. Smart, caring, and quick-thinking individuals, they've been devoted to each other and like two peas in a pod ever since. But, when on their honeymoon, Bridget learns bizarre and alarming things about Todd, things that he's kept secret until now, their idyllic romance begins careening out of control.
Todd has high hopes and wants nothing more than for Bridget to understand and be part of his world. As Bridget struggles to understand the man she married and used to think she knew all about, and the situation escalates, the events that unfold will end up putting their sanity and love for each other to the test.

Regina Pacelli is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,008,886 books! | Top bar: Always visible