Ruby Blue (Ruby Blue, #1) by Julie Cassar

Ruby Blue (Ruby Blue, #1)

by Julie Cassar

Cute little story, the female protagonist, Ruby speaks directly to the reader, I believe it's called first person point of view-narrative. She uses a lot of pop-culture references. I love her best friend Jeremy, I really love the way he talks, he's very funny and sorta comes off a lot older because of the things he says or the way he says them. It's just a straightforward story with a little bit of romance and fantasy. Just one boy, one girl, a couple a friends and an annoying younger brother. ( )
  GigisIrieReads | Oct 22, 2016 |
I almost hate giving 3 stars because some people view that as a negative thing. The book was enjoyable and I liked it and I would recommend it and I will probably read the next one. ( )
  Raeadav | Mar 25, 2016 |
Three and a half stars (rounded up).
You can read my review here:

http://abshepherdsreinventedreader.blogspot.com.au/2012/11/ruby-blue-by-julie-ca... ( )
  ABShepherd | May 15, 2013 |
Ruby Blue was a great book! ( )
  nichei0218 | Sep 9, 2012 |

"Meet Ruby. She{u2019}s your average (somewhat dorky) ice-cream eating, garden-loving teenager, who is constantly being annoyed by her little brother, is best friends with possibly the only Goth kid in town and, oh yeah{u2026}she sees fairies. After Nick Martino (possibly the hottest guy she{u2019}s ever known) finally asks her out, she can barely manage a two-word sentence when a bizarre incident strikes their lakeside town. Stumbling bare-foot through some interesting dates, will she ever find love? And what does Ruby do when more strange events continue to occur? Will she keep her gift of Fairy Sight a secret? As an ancient myth unfolds and new mystic fairy tales come to life, Ruby and her menagerie of friends tackle some extraordinary circumstances with her very ordinary abilities in this modern day fairy tale. See what legends come to life in “Ruby Blue,” a young adult fantasy fiction novel and the first installment of the Ruby Blue series."… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,402,512 books! | Top bar: Always visible