Stars & Stripes (Cut & Run Series Book 6) by…

Stars & Stripes (Cut & Run Series Book 6)

by Abigail Roux

1231997,888 (4.32)1

English (18)  Italian (1)  All (19)
Stars and Stripes by Abigail Roux is the sixth book in the successful Cut and Run series about Special Agents Ty Grady and Zane Garrett. Unlike previous novels where the focus is on catching the bad guys, Stars and Stripes concentrates on the personal relationships of Ty and Zane, particularly, family relationships.

Roux puts both families under the microscope revealing the strengths and weaknesses of their ties to each other. In this book, Ty and Zane are dealing with exotic animal poachers on a Texas horse ranch, as well as the complications of being outed as gay. Ty and Zane both find out just who they can count on for support.

Stars and Stripes has some humorous moments involving Barnum, an overly friendly Bengal tiger, as well as some pretty harrowing encounters with two-legged wild-life. While Ty and Zane search for exotic animal poachers they are also trying to work out some of the fine points of their relationship.

Roux continues to write Ty and Zane's story with passion and care. These two strong men have all of the baggage and foibles of real men, but they remain engaging and entertaining. This is not a series I'm ready to see end. The love scenes between Ty and Zane are both tender and on occasion frenetic. Whatever situations these two find themselves in they are always honest. Stars and Stripes gets five stars for not diluting the power of such a fine series. It's also one of the best stories in the series. Can't wait for the next episode.

Reviewed by Creative Ink Romance Reviews ( )
  barbmanning | Oct 15, 2017 |
Annoying: 0
Audio: 10
To re-read: 9 ( )
  lulumiami | Sep 3, 2017 |
I say it every time, but this was the best book of the series.

We learned so much about our men especially Zane. We get more time with their families. Their families find out they are in a relationship and they are away from work so we get to see a lot of "out" time. So wonderful to feel all the free love."Don't matter who you love, son," he said. "As long as you do it well."

Of course this wouldn't be Ty and Zane if something didn't go wrong. They go through a lot which just makes the reader love them even more (as if that's possible). The arc of the storyline is as unique as ever.

The sexy time and humor are both present."I love you too," he said. "Now let me pull my pants up, huh? You can't wear a hat with you junk hanging out."

And we finally find our guys looking toward their future together.The idea of "forever" with Ty was becoming more and more certain.
toni ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
I say it every time, but this was the best book of the series.

toni ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
Well...it's been a few books since I did a true review but this one just calls for more. As my favorite book of the series (thus far) I just gotta fangirl, swoon, cry and go all out nuts over how I feel about these two.

After this they're back on top of my favorite couples list...sorry Brad/Kyle, Charlie/Travis and Cam/Julian.
Ok...first let me say that this review contains some story line spoilers so read on at your own discretion. If you have not yet read this book or this series yet then...

Have I made myself clear?

This book not only contains some of the hottest moments between these two, IMO, it has the most heart, openness and love expressed between these two men thus far. Yes, this is definitely part of the journey these men are on...but after 5 books it's wonderful to see them truly open and happy.
Plus we have boots, tigers, closets, and Ty riding a cowboy horse in a Stetson...

Oh my god...what just happened??

And yet even with all of those moments, for me it was the moments with their families that touched me the most. Aside from the bitch..and yes Beverly...you know exactly what you are...the remaining family members brought me to tears. Their love for these two and seeing them experience for themselves how truly happy these two men are was so much more than I could have ever hoped for.

“Don’t matter who you love, son,” he said. “As long as you do it well.”

We get a little more of the mystery that is Ty Grady. I'm scared honestly for what lies ahead in the next book but I know it will all work out for these beautiful two men and it's some doors that need to be opened...I'm just hoping my heart can take what's inside. And with Book #9 soon to be here...I can only hope that Annie was giving us a hint of what's to come. “Go find a state that allows it, and marry that man.”

Thank you to my Secret Santa, Marco, for making this 4 for 4! Every selection was a winner.

BR with Elsbeth, Marte and Momo (reread for them)...what a ride ladies!

" ( )
  JulieCovington | May 29, 2016 |
added by gsc55 | editRJ Scott (Mar 4, 2014)

added by gsc55 | editJoyfully Jay, Jay (Mar 29, 2013)

Special Agents Ty Grady and Zane Garrett have managed the impossible: a few months of peace and quiet. After nearly a year of personal and professional turmoil, they're living together conflict-free, work is going smoothly, and they're both happy, healthy, and home every night before dark. But anyone who knows them knows that can’t possibly last.

From the mountains of West Virginia to a remote Texas horse ranch harboring more than just livestock and childhood memories, Ty and Zane must face their fears—and their families—to overcome an unlikely enemy and bring peace back into their newly shared world.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 193755158X, Paperback)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:57 -0400)

Special Agents Ty Grady and Zane Garrett have managed the impossible: a few months of peace and quiet. After nearly a year of personal and professional turmoil, they're living together conflict-free, work is going smoothly, and they're both happy, healthy, and home every night before dark. But anyone who knows them knows that can't possibly last. When an emergency call from home upsets the balance of their carefully arranged world, Ty and Zane must juggle family drama with a perplexing crime to save a helpless victim before time runs out. From the mountains of West Virginia to a remote Texas horse ranch harboring more than just livestock and childhood memories, Ty and Zane must face their fears--and their families--to overcome an unlikely enemy and bring peace back into their newly shared world.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,425,020 books! | Top bar: Always visible