Stars & Stripes by Abigail Roux

Stars & Stripes (edition 2012)

by Abigail Roux (Author)

Member:Moloch
Title:Stars & Stripes
Authors:Abigail Roux (Author)
Info:Riptide Publishing (2012), Paperback, 292 pages
Rating:*1/2
Tags:lgbt, narrativa, narrativa nordamericana, english, lingua inglese, ebook

Stars & Stripes (Cut & Run) by Abigail Roux

English (16)  Italian (1)  English (17)
Stars & Stripes doesn't miss a single positive trigger I have when it comes to romantic suspense. Plus Texas. I seem to be biased (for no rational reason I can think of) when it comes to that particular setting. It gets a half a star more.

Let's see, there is a great story where they actually investigate something.
Then you have family issues with both the Gradys and the Garrets, my favourite parts of the book. I love Ty's whole family, especially his grandfather. Zane's father is also, as these two agreed, epic.
There are tigers and capable toddlers too. What's not to like?

They are not alone much as before, but when that happens they make it up to us. As I said, the story has everything. And did I say it takes place in Texas?
Oh, and I don't care if there are some unrealistic moments and solutions. It doesn't take away anything from the story. ( )
  Aneris | Oct 31, 2016 |

Let's see, there is a great story where they actually investigate something.
There are tigers and capable toddlers too. What's not to like?

Aneris | Oct 31, 2016 |
Well...it's been a few books since I did a true review but this one just calls for more. As my favorite book of the series (thus far) I just gotta fangirl, swoon, cry and go all out nuts over how I feel about these two.

After this they're back on top of my favorite couples list...sorry Brad/Kyle, Charlie/Travis and Cam/Julian.
Ok...first let me say that this review contains some story line spoilers so read on at your own discretion. If you have not yet read this book or this series yet then...

Have I made myself clear?

This book not only contains some of the hottest moments between these two, IMO, it has the most heart, openness and love expressed between these two men thus far. Yes, this is definitely part of the journey these men are on...but after 5 books it's wonderful to see them truly open and happy.
Plus we have boots, tigers, closets, and Ty riding a cowboy horse in a Stetson...

Oh my god...what just happened??

And yet even with all of those moments, for me it was the moments with their families that touched me the most. Aside from the bitch..and yes Beverly...you know exactly what you are...the remaining family members brought me to tears. Their love for these two and seeing them experience for themselves how truly happy these two men are was so much more than I could have ever hoped for.

“Don’t matter who you love, son,” he said. “As long as you do it well.”

We get a little more of the mystery that is Ty Grady. I'm scared honestly for what lies ahead in the next book but I know it will all work out for these beautiful two men and it's some doors that need to be opened...I'm just hoping my heart can take what's inside. And with Book #9 soon to be here...I can only hope that Annie was giving us a hint of what's to come. “Go find a state that allows it, and marry that man.”

Thank you to my Secret Santa, Marco, for making this 4 for 4! Every selection was a winner.

BR with Elsbeth, Marte and Momo (reread for them)...what a ride ladies!

" ( )
  JulieCovington | May 29, 2016 |
Okay…so a lot of emotional stuff happened in this book. Lots of injuries too (but that happened later). We start off with a trip to Ty’s family homestead where Ty and Zane (sort or accidentally) come out to Ty’s family. This event was very emotional for Ty as he had kept this secret from his parents for so long and their reaction was about what you might expect from the Grady’s. Their upset had zero to do with his relationship with Zane and everything to do with keeping secrets and running from the family. And really, that speaks more about the kind of family the Grady’s are than anything I could say.

In contrast, we finally meet Zane’s family.

After all of the goings on in Virginia, Zane gets a call and heads out to Texas. I liked Ty’s father very much, and his sister, but his mother? She’s a piece of work. I kind of get it, though. I don’t approve of her behavior or the way she wouldn’t bend in the slightest, and she doesn’t seem at all suited towards parenthood at all. However, I kind of see the allusions that were being made about the kind of person Zane used to be. Not just the drinking and the drugs, which we saw a little bit of in the beginning, or the prostitutes, he made mention of, or whatever shenanigans went on in Miami or other locals. No, the implication here is that Zane was a different person before all that, not just *before Becky died* but when he was with her, he was a more closed off person. And that right there says a lot, not only about his relationship Ty but how they have affected each other. Because it’s not just Zane whose changed in this last year.

Of course, this wouldn’t be a Cut & Run book without a little mystery, and this one has animals…

Ty’s weird aversion to Horses is hysterical as is his understandable issue with large felines. And the way, despite all that, he connects to a tiger anyway? Adorable.

The ending was perfect, but I feel as though I’m waiting for something horrible to happen. It’s all gone remarkably well so far. But then, they still have to deal with work. What will McCoy say when they return? Clearly Ty lied, and what’s his excuse for that?

I guess there’s nothing for it but to listen to the next book. What a hardship…
  saohicwitch | Apr 21, 2016 |
Laugh out loud fuuny. Here kitty-kitty. 4.5 stars ( )
  Penny01 | Feb 1, 2014 |
added by gsc55 | editRJ Scott (Mar 4, 2014)

added by gsc55 | editJoyfully Jay, Jay (Mar 29, 2013)

Special Agents Ty Grady and Zane Garrett have managed the impossible: a few months of peace and quiet. After nearly a year of personal and professional turmoil, they're living together conflict-free, work is going smoothly, and they're both happy, healthy, and home every night before dark. But anyone who knows them knows that can’t possibly last.

When an emergency call from home upsets the balance of their carefully arranged world, Ty and Zane must juggle family drama with a perplexing crime to save a helpless victim before time runs out.

From the mountains of West Virginia to a remote Texas horse ranch harboring more than just livestock and childhood memories, Ty and Zane must face their fears—and their families—to overcome an unlikely enemy and bring peace back into their newly shared world.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 193755158X, Paperback)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:57 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,680,335 books! | Top bar: Always visible