Stars & Stripes by Abigail Roux

Stars & Stripes (edition 2012)

by Abigail Roux

Member:Moloch
Title:Stars & Stripes
Authors:Abigail Roux (Author)
Info:Riptide Publishing (2012), Paperback, 292 pages
Rating:*1/2
Tags:lgbt, narrativa, narrativa nordamericana, english, lingua inglese, ebook

Stars & Stripes (Cut & Run) by Abigail Roux

English (13)  Italian (1)  All languages (14)
Okay…so a lot of emotional stuff happened in this book. Lots of injuries too (but that happened later). We start off with a trip to Ty’s family homestead where Ty and Zane (sort or accidentally) come out to Ty’s family. This event was very emotional for Ty as he had kept this secret from his parents for so long and their reaction was about what you might expect from the Grady’s. Their upset had zero to do with his relationship with Zane and everything to do with keeping secrets and running from the family. And really, that speaks more about the kind of family the Grady’s are than anything I could say.

In contrast, we finally meet Zane’s family.

After all of the goings on in Virginia, Zane gets a call and heads out to Texas. I liked Ty’s father very much, and his sister, but his mother? She’s a piece of work. I kind of get it, though. I don’t approve of her behavior or the way she wouldn’t bend in the slightest, and she doesn’t seem at all suited towards parenthood at all. However, I kind of see the allusions that were being made about the kind of person Zane used to be. Not just the drinking and the drugs, which we saw a little bit of in the beginning, or the prostitutes, he made mention of, or whatever shenanigans went on in Miami or other locals. No, the implication here is that Zane was a different person before all that, not just *before Becky died* but when he was with her, he was a more closed off person. And that right there says a lot, not only about his relationship Ty but how they have affected each other. Because it’s not just Zane whose changed in this last year.

Of course, this wouldn’t be a Cut & Run book without a little mystery, and this one has animals…

Ty’s weird aversion to Horses is hysterical as is his understandable issue with large felines. And the way, despite all that, he connects to a tiger anyway? Adorable.

The ending was perfect, but I feel as though I’m waiting for something horrible to happen. It’s all gone remarkably well so far. But then, they still have to deal with work. What will McCoy say when they return? Clearly Ty lied, and what’s his excuse for that?

I guess there’s nothing for it but to listen to the next book. What a hardship…
  saohicwitch | Apr 21, 2016 |
Laugh out loud fuuny. Here kitty-kitty. 4.5 stars ( )
  Penny01 | Feb 1, 2014 |
Laugh out loud fuuny. Here kitty-kitty. 4.5 stars ( )
  Penny01 | Feb 1, 2014 |
I do not have the patience, or time, to read the whole series, so basically, I’m jumping up and down, according to the mood ;-) This time I went back to book 6, again about Special Agents Ty Grady and Zane Garrett, and with a “family” flavor that made it different; oh, don’t get me wrong, there was adventures, this is after all a mystery/thriller series, but it was all regarding family troubles, small like the bartering between Ty’s parents, or big like the trespasses crime in Zane’s parents’ ranch in Texas.

Ty and Zane are not a consolidated couple; they are living together, they are talking of permanent commitment, and at one point, they are even considering their own family: if that will consist of furry or human babies, well, that is still to be decided, but at least they are at that point in life when future is not something far from you.

I really enjoyed both family environments, so much that my only regret is that the part devoted to Ty’s family is not so extended like the one for Zane’s. Ty’s grandfather is a wonderful character, but also the parents, a little crazy like Ty, but all the same devoted to their beloved ones.

I was so enjoying the romance, that I almost “missed” the development of the thriller, so much that, when it unleashes and arrives to the apex, I was almost caught by surprise, scrambling to put the piece together, cause I totally missed all the references to arrive to the culprit before it was written in black and white. To me, that was perfect, cause I’m more a romance reader, but I have the feeling that also who enjoys thrillers will like this book, considering the slightly complex mystery.

elisa.rolle | Jan 10, 2014 |
4.25 stars

I was going to try and review but it was too gushy. Needless to say, I love this series and these characters. Another FANTASTIC addition; I actually read it twice :) ( )
  mearias | Sep 23, 2013 |
added by gsc55 | editRJ Scott (Mar 4, 2014)

added by gsc55 | editJoyfully Jay, Jay (Mar 29, 2013)

Special Agents Ty Grady and Zane Garrett have managed the impossible: a few months of peace and quiet. After nearly a year of personal and professional turmoil, they're living together conflict-free, work is going smoothly, and they're both happy, healthy, and home every night before dark. But anyone who knows them knows that can’t possibly last.

When an emergency call from home upsets the balance of their carefully arranged world, Ty and Zane must juggle family drama with a perplexing crime to save a helpless victim before time runs out.

From the mountains of West Virginia to a remote Texas horse ranch harboring more than just livestock and childhood memories, Ty and Zane must face their fears—and their families—to overcome an unlikely enemy and bring peace back into their newly shared world.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 193755158X, Paperback)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:57 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,251,650 books! | Top bar: Always visible