One More Try by Shannon M. Sloan

1None3,689,591NoneNone
Recently added byshortstep

No tags.

No reviews
I have been trying to write a review for this book, ever since I finished it more than 2 months ago. But every time I tried to put what I experienced into words, nothing would come. Not in a bad way. I didn't have good enough words to describe this book. But I think I'm over it now. I have recommended it to everyone who says, "I'm looking for a good book." And when they ask me to describe it; I have come up with the best, most succinct way of ever describing a book, "Think of it as society's antidote for the Twilight."

Where the Twilight books have you, for lack of a better word, cheering for the main characters' selfishness; One More Try reminds readers that life is not about, "What's in it for me?" But rather, "How can I help you succeed?"
Instead of the main characters being drowned in teenaged angst, and self loathing they stand and say, "No. This is not the way to live. This is not how to treat people. This is wrong."
I cannot say enough good things about One More Try. And I am very excited For Shannon and her first ever novel. I can only imagine the long nights, endless days, and countless nervous meetings with publishers you had to go through to make this happen. But I am very grateful for everything and especially this wonderful world you've managed to create.

And as I cannot speak for everyone in this group, I want to say Thank-you Shannon, for sharing your world, and your characters with us.
added by shortstep | editLas Vegas, Nikole (Aug 7, 2012)

Average: No ratings.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,925,870 books! | Top bar: Always visible