Our Last Best Hope by Mark Diaz Truman

Our Last Best Hope (2012)

by Mark Diaz Truman

721,138,814 (3)None

Maddz | Feb 7, 2018 |
Our Last Best Hope is a game that seems like it will play out like a more complicated Fiasco with all the drama and less of the silliness. The idea of being able to quickly play "The Core", "The Day After Tomorrow", or any other end-of-the-world scenario is awesome. I look forward to getting a handle on how it works (like many games, it seems like it is best taught by someone who already knows how to play) and trying it out on a game-night.

On the other hand (and definitely why it gets a 3 star instead of a 4) the book suffered from a lack of copy-editing. Page references don't reference the correct pages (the most egregious of these references is on page 59 where it tells you to reference page 59) and URLs in the book don't exist (specifically the link to look at more missions, which I could not find even just surfing the website). I can't help but be very disappointed that no one took the time to do a once-over and make sure that links existed and page references are correct. It is a few hours of work that would have made this an excellently put-together product.

I did not check out the scan-boxes or videos but I cross my fingers that they might work should I ever try them.

In total, I recommend it for the game, but be prepared to do your own legwork to navigate the book. ( )
1 vote Hegemellman | Apr 2, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,391,995 books! | Top bar: Always visible