Binky Takes Charge by Ashley Spires

Binky Takes Charge

by Ashley Spires

Graphic
This was the first children's Graphic Novel I had read, and I highly enjoyed it. The story was adorable. At this point I think it's pretty clear that I really like books about cats, or maybe there are just a lot of books about cats. I don't even have a cat, but all these cat books make me think I should probably go to the animal shelter this weekend and adopt one. Anyway, Binky is the brave protector of his house, until the new dog comes along. Binky thinks the dog is stupid, and then he thinks he's evil, until he finally realizes that the dog just has his own dog way of protecting the house too. It's a cute story of friendship, understanding, and acceptance.
  kitsunek8 | Mar 18, 2016 |
Binky Takes Charge by Ashley Spires is the fourth of the Binky graphic novels. It was nominated for a 2012 CYBILS.

Binky has been promoted by F.U.R.S.T (Felines of the Universe Ready for Space Travel). He's ready to take on a subordinate. He's expecting a kitten but surprise! — it's a DOG! Worse yet, it's a slobbering, un-housebroken puppy. ICK.

Binky does his best to train this puppy but it takes every last piece of his concentration and dignity. Of course nothing is ever what it seems. That little puppy might be up to something.

It's a cute continuation to the series. Fans of the previous books will enjoy seeing the continuing adventures of Binky the space cat and his fight against alien invaders (insects). ( )
  pussreboots | Mar 8, 2014 |
Newly promoted Binky is charged with training a canine space cadet. ( )
  Sullywriter | Apr 3, 2013 |
Z damn near fell over when he saw there was a new Binky at the U Bookstore. He read it one the way home, and treated J and I to a story time tonight. ( )
  beckydj | Mar 31, 2013 |
Reason for Reading: Next in the series.

This series is for children but I read it solely for my own pleasure. The "Binky" books will appeal to cat lovers of any age. Binky Takes Charge is just as enjoyable as any other book in the series. Typical cat behaviour is spoofed but in a respectful way that makes cat owners smile and nod their heads. Binky has the shock of his life when his new trainee turns out to be a puppy and he turns to neighbour cat Gracie for help in these unusual circumstances. Usual fun story and fantastic art style. I look forward to the continuation of this series. A great read for any age from the recommended 7+, younger as read alouds and much, much older as gifts for the consummate cat lover. ( )
  ElizaJane | Jan 26, 2013 |

"Binky the space cat has been promoted to lieutenant. He's now in charge of training the next generation of space cadets. But then he meets the new space kitten -- who isn't a kitten at all! Is someone trying to pull the fur over his eyes? Binky and Captain Gracie need to figure out the new cadet before the next alien attack!"--Information from Amazon.com.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,724,728 books! | Top bar: Always visible