Blown Down by Em Petrova

Blown Down

by Em Petrova

322,001,085 (4)None
Recently added byruthiekro, Tala2cubs, RtB

Chapel is a strong and confident woman when it comes to pretty much everything in her life except for her father. She was raised by a single father from an early age when her mother died. Chapel longs for her dad’s approval and any show of affection he’ll give. She is in love with a logger her father doesn’t like and all and who isn’t afraid to let her know he loves, appreciates and approves of her. Chapel may have taken on more that she or the company could handle when she signs a big logging contract. Her father’s disapproval and hostility spur her into finally moving out of his house and right into the arms of her men.

Abe is all man and heart. I love the fact that he isn’t afraid to show his love and affection for Chapel. He’s the first to invite Levi into their relationship because he sees the way she looks at him and vice versa. It wasn’t an easy decision for Abe; he had to come to terms with the fact that it didn’t bother him to think of Chapel with Levi, who he loves like a brother. It came to the fact that he loves them both and the logging industry is far from safe. He and Levi love

Chapel and together if something happened to one of them the other could still love and care for her.
Levi comes into town after a stint in prison. He’s shocked at Abe’s offer of a place to stay, not being to use to anything nice from others. A friendship and bond form between the men and Levi falls for Chapel pretty much from the beginning. He’s amazed and willing when Abe suggests they share/love Chapel together. Levi struggles with telling his lovers about his past, fearful they will reject him if they know the truth. Of course Chapel’s dad buts into it and causes conflict between the three.

This is a wonderful story of love and growing trust. It also shows the importance of honesty and openness in relationships of all kinds. The refreshing thing is there isn’t an overwhelming amount of angst. None really between the lovers, it comes from situations they find themselves in. The steamy scenes were very hot and really well done. They didn’t come across at all cheesy, which is sometimes easy to do with ménages. The sex wasn’t repetitive and it was imaginative and sweet.

The way Abe and Levi work together and stand up for each other and Chapel is terrific. The ending, as well as the whole story, was well done and believable even if it ended too soon ;)

If you’re looking for a story that is very warm and a heartfelt romance with a bit of action then I would definitely recommend this one. I didn’t want to put it down the few times I had to when real life intruded.
  Tala2cubs | Sep 3, 2014 |
Posted on Romancing the Book's blog
Reveiwed by Michelle
Review Copy Provided by the Publisher

Blown Down by Em Petrova is a wonderful romance that’s also full of mystery, suspense, and steamy passion.

The logging industry is a dangerous business and certainly not a place you would expect to see a beautiful young woman like Chapel Caldwell. Struggling to prove herself worthy to carry on the family business, Chapel is constantly frustrated by a father she can never seem to please. She has fallen in love with her boyfriend, Abe, but her father disapproves of him too.

Levi wants a fresh start and hopes to put his past behind him. Going back to work as a logger, he is teamed up with Abe and the two men become friends almost instantly. Levi needs a place to stay and Abe needs help with expenses, so it seems like a perfect solution when Abe offers Levi a place to stay. When Levi meets Chapel, there is an immediate and powerful attraction. How will he be able to live in the same house with Abe and Chapel and keep his feelings under control?

I very highly recommend this book and give it a rating of 4 out of 5. The writing is excellent with characters that seemed so real. There’s plenty of hot and steamy passion that will have you fanning yourself, but there’s a whole lot more to this story. It’s full of action, mystery, suspense, family drama, and romance. I was hooked from the very first page until the very end. The characters pulled me in emotionally and I was rooting hard for them. Chapel was my favorite, but I also really liked Abe and Levi as well. I love a strong female character and Chapel is a capable woman fighting hard to prove herself in a man’s world.

Levi’s arrival brings a bit of mystery to the story. There’s constant danger in the forest where nature can sometimes be unpredictable, and when Chapel signs an ambitious contract it may push her crew to their limits. The compelling characters drew me in to the story, then the mystery and suspense had me glued to the book and hanging on the edge of my seat. This is an all-around entertaining read with characters that will stick with you long after you’ve finished the book ( )
  RtB | Aug 21, 2012 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,629,747 books! | Top bar: Always visible