Prisoner of love by Samantha Kane

Prisoner of love

by Samantha Kane

We finally get Michael Kensington, Wolf Tarrant and Veronica Thomas’s story. We have waited for a long time for these three to get to gather. Michael left Wolf and Veronica almost two years ago. Wolf and Veronica go through quite a bit while Michael is gone. Veronica has to act like she is looking for a husband. Wolf has to bide his time while he watches Veronica being courted by other men. These two also go through a riot where people are killed by the militia. This scares Very so badly she can’t leave the house after Wolf marries her. There are lots more going on but it would ruin most of the story so I will leave that for you to discover.

Michael doesn't show back up until almost the end of the story. Wolf and Very have been married almost a year. While Michael is thrilled to see both of them there are things that he is hiding from Wolf and Very. Those secrets have the potential to drive this trio apart. Michael has been in America all this time. He runs into Daniel Steinberg's old lover Harry Ashbury. I am very interested to find out what happened between these two. There are hints in this book but just enough to make one curious. Back to Michael, he is the product of his upbringing. He was raised to believe that loving a man was wrong and that more than a pair was also wrong. That being the case he is always conflicted about what he feels for Wolf and Very. He loves both of them with all his heart he just has to reconciling those feeling with what society will accept. It would have been nice to know what he really did in America but I am sure that would have been a book all by its self.

Wolf is the dominant partner in this triad. I never expected that from what I read of Wolf in the other stories. Wolf is also very much in love with Very. He spoils her something terrible. He is excited about the baby that they have made. He worries so much about Very and why she won’t leave the house. He is patient and caring and very protective of her. He has a wicked sense of humor. Wolf also loves Michael more than life its self. He has waited so long for Michael to accept what the two mean to each other.

Very has been very impatient with the way Kate, Jason and Tony have made her wait to marry Wolf. She wants to be married and starting a home now not when her guardians say she can. Very is also a reformer and that is how she ends up in the middle of a riot in Manchester. It was sad to see her retreat from the life that she loved. I do love that Very wants to help people that are her friends. When she takes Sophie to an orphanage it is the sweetest part of the story.

I loved this story and it makes me to want to all the other books that are waiting in the wings. I have to wonder if there is some way to save Doctor Thomas Peters. He is headed down the path to destruction. I hope that it happens very soon. I am also eager to read Daniel's story. I continue to enjoy all these stories and look forward to seeing more of all of them. ( )
  LadyIsis | Aug 23, 2012 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,536,783 books! | Top bar: Always visible