Ghoulfriends Forever by Gitty Daneshvari

Ghoulfriends Forever

by Gitty Daneshvari

I am an adult fan of Monster High. I collect the dolls and think the webisodes are adorable. Additionally I am a fan of all things paranormal as well as an avid reader. I was somewhat disappointed when I learned that Lisi Harrison's Monster High books were no longer being written and published. I then learned that a new Monster High book series was being released written by a different author. Then I became more concerned when I learned they were being marketed to a younger age group. I was really leery about "Ghoulfriends Forever"

I was positively surprised. This new series is much more true to the Monster High shows and doll line. I loved Headmistress Bloodgood losing her head now and then! I also really enjoyed seeing appearances by even some of the shows background characters. While I would have liked to see bigger roles by Cleo, Frankie, Ghoulia, Draculaura, Clawdeecn, and Lagoona, I did really enjoy getting to know the three newest Ghouls, Robecca, Venus, and adorable Rochelle. I also liked that they portrayed Monster High as having dorms for students who don't have families that reside in town. The cover of this book is breathtaking and I really liked the black and white drawings that opened each chapter.

What I wasn't so crazy about? The book wasn't too low of a reading level but I can see where younger fans more in the targer demographic will be able to read this book. It was still enjoyable reading for me but I would have liked the book to have been slightly more detailed. The mystery was solved very easily which is to be expected. Still this book was worth reading and I am glad that they will be releasing more installments. ( )
  pacey1927 | Aug 31, 2012 |

Ghoulfriends Forever is a brand-new Monster High series, introducing three new monster characters. As new students, the trio must navigate the bewildering array of cute monster boys, established cliques, and monster-rific subjects like Mad Science, G-ogre-phy, and Physical Deaducation. As if that weren't hard enough, something strange and sinister seems to be happening at the school. Popular girls like Frankie Stein and Cleo de Nile are acting weird-and all signs point to everyone's new favorite teacher, Miss Sylphia Flapper. Can the new GFFs expose the fave as a fraud, or will they succumb to peer pressure?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:13 -0400)

Robecca Steam, Rochelle Goyle and Venus Mcflytrap navigate a bewildering array of cute monster boys, established cliques and monster-themed classes when popular classmates Frankie Stein and Cleo de Nile begin acting strangely.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,398,556 books! | Top bar: Always visible