In the Tall Grass by Stephen King

In the Tall Grass (edition 2012)

by Stephen King, Joe Hill, Stephen Lang (Reader)

2632743,310 (3.61)1 / 15
Member:Carpe_Librum
Title:In the Tall Grass
Authors:Stephen King
Other authors:Joe Hill, Stephen Lang (Reader)
Info:Simon & Schuster Audio (2012), Edition: Unabridged, Audio CD
Rating:***
Tags:Horror, ebook

In the Tall Grass by Stephen King

English (25)  Dutch (1)  French (1)  All languages (27)
This book was a quick read because it is very short. It did remind me as well of SK's other book about kids in the Plants. I know now Children of the Corn which was not one of my favourite books by Stephen King.

No this was not my kind of book and I do appreciate short stories but to be honest I did not care what would happen to the characters. It felt flat to me but it could be me.
  Marlene-NL | Mar 12, 2016 |

My Thoughts:

I’m not sure what to say about this one guys, if I’m being honest. It started out fantastic, old school horror. You know, creepy with out really giving you too much – making you dread what was on the next page. Then, at some point, the book just kind of takes a turn and not only gives you what you have been dreading, but kind of takes it a step further. No, takes it a step too far. Gives you something you wouldn’t dream of, in this case even kind of makes you gag a little.

I love horror, the gorier the better – but for some reason, this one was a little further than I could enjoy. And really the scene in specific wasn’t even GORY in a sense of what you are reading, the actual words on the page. However, the content of the thing. *shivers* was just wrong.

Hmmm.

I’m a long time Stephen King fan, I’m talking 30 years here guys. I understand the need to branch out into the digital format, I really do. But for me, the long time reader…it seems like these last few shorts (released as digital content only) have been good stories but then there is an element of “what can we throw in here to cause a little controversy, we need to get people talking” I get that, too, I do…I guess. I mean, how else to get press for a short story without spending a shit ton on advertising. So I do get it. And I know this has been in previous books, I just… I don’t know.

In Conclusion:

Well, I’m not sure WHAT I should say here. I guess, if you’re a horror fan, I say give it a go. I mean, just be warned, especially if you are a Mom… that some content in this story may not only disgust – but offend. In this tiny 60 page span, I: sweated, teared up, and gagged. So…

Mom Notes:
Not for children. Contains: language, violence,

**Originally post on www.bunnycates.com**
  BunnyCates | Mar 8, 2016 |
classic King style story, keeps you on the edge of your seat. ( )
  deldevries | Jan 31, 2016 |
Something of a conventional King, replete with terrible stereotypes (the "latter-day hippies"), but gripping in how scary a sunny day and some tall grass can be. Also rather unsettling, in the typical horror scenario, in how it advises strongly against ever being "a good Samaritan." Still, I've liked some of King's other stuff, and I have to admit that I'm curious about the upcoming sequel to "The Shining," entitled "Doctor Sleep." There's a preview in this edition... ( )
  bibleblaster | Jan 23, 2016 |
Wow, that was gruesome! Classic King! A brother and sister, driving across country, stop and hear a child calling for help from the tall grass. They go in and... well, that's when the "fun" starts! Creepy, terrifying, and disturbing, as only Stephen King, and son, can! Not for the faint of heart! ( )
  Stahl-Ricco | Jan 22, 2016 |

Stephen Kingprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Joe Hillmain authorall editionsconfirmed

In the Tall Grass begins with a sister and brother who pull off to the side of the road after hearing a young boy crying for help from beyond the tall grass. Within minutes they are disoriented, in deeper than seems possible, and they’ve lost one another. The boy’s cries are more and more desperate.

"A sister and brother ... pull off to the side of the road after hearing a young boy crying for help from beyond the tall grass. Within minutes they are disoriented, in deeper than seems possible, and they've lost one another. The boy's cries are more and more desperate"--Container.… (more)

27 wanted3 pay2 pay

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,336,119 books! | Top bar: Always visible