Plague (A Medical Thriller) by Victor Methos

Plague (A Medical Thriller)

by Victor Methos

I am actually surprised that I can give this book 3 stars. I read this book for a challenge and normally my Least Favorite genre is science fiction then adding horror in I would usually run in fear from these genres I actually found myself liking most of the characters and the plot of the story. The only trouble is there was about 100 pages that bored me to tears. I felt like it took so long to get where we were going! Other than that pretty decent read!
  Angel.Carter | Aug 11, 2016 |
Clever and fraught with tension. The story of a plague in Hawaii and the way it's dealt with was very realistic and explosive. In the end, to find out its manmade...diabolical. very well done. ( )
  steven.wade | Jan 30, 2015 |
Nice attempt at a thriller. Started strong, and even seemed plausible, at first that is. Explanations of spread of viral outbreak were interesting, but story unravelled as tried to go into the shadows to explain why it happened. Ending felt like Word Count was reached and author pushed Send to their Publisher. Not planning to read the sequels. Not recommended unless you can commit to reading all three novels. ( )
  BookWallah | Sep 23, 2014 |
I found the story started off strong - a tour guide in Peru falls prey to an unknown pathogen and then through the human interaction of modern society it reaches the United States (Hawaii).

After the epidemic starts however things start getting a bit average and predictable, then the author starts mentioning God at random intervals and one point stating that humans naturally would all rape and kill without God. (Never mind the millions of people throughout history killed and/or tortured in the name of God). I also found the portrayal of Peruvian villagers as sexist & murderous primitives to be rather callous.

The ending was a bit of a let down - it doesn't actually resolve the story line it just addresses one of the sub plots, several others remain unanswered/unknown including the main plot - it almost felt as if the author had ran out of time or felt he'd written enough so just decided to wrap it up there.

HenriMoreaux | Mar 29, 2013 |
I think this is a very well written account of a epidemic event. I'd have given it 5-stars if it wasn't for an ending that truly sucked. Do I recommend this book to others? Sure. But be ready for an ending that just doesn't sew up the main plotline of the book, only the subplot.

Despite this flaw, a fatal one in many books, Plague still has a lot to recommend it. I really liked the way that Methos draws his characters and his descriptions of events comes across as quite vivid and plausible. Even when the plot goes into some truly bizarre areas.

Since everything in this book could come to fruition, it's a very scary book indeed. I must admit some of the cloak & dagger events were distracting but I liked that aspect of the book as well. I just wish that Methos wrote a more complete end to the book. ( )
  dketelsen | Oct 9, 2012 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,724,978 books! | Top bar: Always visible