The Power Trip by Jackie Collins

The Power Trip (2012)

by Jackie Collins

A few days ago I was reading the first book of a YA dystopian/Utopian series called Legend. I had been patiently waiting to read this series because I prefer to read books when a series is completed.

Well, read half and I was a tad bored. Then all of a sudden I remembered how I used to love Jackie Collins books. Same with Jacqueline Susan and Judith Krantz. I had to read a book like that I decided. So looking through my library, I picked this book.

Lots of talk about sex. women and men all love to have sex. Most are beautiful some are nasty all compact in a story with some action at the end.

The reviews were not very positive but I decided to give it a go and it was just what I Needed. No horrible dead bodies and sad families of victims of serial killers. No constantly nagging of teenagers with too many emotions but just a simple easy to read no need for using your brains book.

Well finished it this morning. I know I would go even more crazy if I would read a lot of those books but sometimes I need something light and this was the perfect recipe. ( )
  Marlene-NL | Mar 12, 2016 |
Listen for the sizzle!

This is the second Jackie Collins audiobook I have listened to and I will have to say I am always impressed by how much work goes into her audiobooks. Jackie Collins has a complete cast for her audiobook series and you really get a complete feel for all the characters through the voice overs. In The Power Trip readers listen in anticipation as the famous couples are invited on the luxurious Yacht birthday cruise headed for the Sea of Cortez for Bianca, a supermodel and the high profile girlfriend of Aleksandr Kasianenko, a billionaire Russian Oligarch. Some of the characters that intrigue me are the US Senator Hammond Patterson and wife Sierra who continues with her marriage out of fear for her own life. And Luca Perez, a male Latin singing sensation, who is still best friends with his ex-wife, and lives with his jealous, yet destructive older English boyfriend.

What I love about the Jackie Collins audiobooks is how you really get a feel for the characters by the voice-overs and actually find yourself anticipating what each character (with the bonus of Jackie Collins herself) will say and do next. If you like a thrilling murder mystery with sex, backstabbing, and lots of dirty dirty characters, just like a Hollywood movie then you will love this audiobook. Jackie Collins and her cast of character delivers exactly that and a whole lot more. No worries on a dull moment with The Power Trip as the story keeps the reader constantly on the edge. If you are looking to take in this book I would highly recommend the audiobook as you will also fall in love with the full voice cast, which includes the Sydney Tamiia Poitier, Holter Graham and Euan Morton. ( )
1 vote autumnblues | Mar 12, 2013 |
To all my readers across the world.
Love...
Passion...
Friendship...
and
Powwer! Live it!
The couple on the bed had sex as if it was their final act.

A luxurious yacht in the Sea of Cortez, a birthday cruise for one of the world’s most beautiful women and an invitation no one can refuse.   The Power Trip—take it if you dare.

From Hollywood icon and mega-seller Jackie Collins comes a thrilling new novel, The Power Trip, set on a state of the art luxury yacht off the coast of Cabo San Lucas.  A tropical getaway with a cast of global power-hungry elites turns sour when they find out maybe they don't control as much of the world as they thought . . .

In The Power Trip you will meet Aleksandr Kasianenko, a billionaire Russian oligarch, as he sets sail on The Bianca. You’ll meet his sexy supermodel girlfriend, whom The Bianca is named after, and five dynamic, powerful, and famous couples invited on the yacht’s maiden voyage: Hammond Patterson, a driven Senator, and his lovely but unhappy wife, Sierra; Cliff Baxter, a charming, never-married movie star, and his ex-waitress girlfriend, Lori; Taye Sherwin, a famous black UK footballer and his interior designer wife, Ashley; Luca Perez, a male Latin singing sensation with his older decadent English boyfriend, Jeromy; and Flynn, a maverick journalist with his Asian renegade female friend, Xuan.

You will also meet Russian mobster, Sergei Zukov, a man with a grudge against Aleksandr. And Sergei’s Mexican beauty queen girlfriend, Ina, whose brother, Cruz, is a master pirate with orders to hold The Bianca and its illustrious rota of guests for ransom.

The Power Trip explorers the decadent playgrounds of the super-rich . . . and leaves you hungry for more.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:31 -0400)

A luxurious yacht in the Sea of Cortez, a birthday cruise for one of the world's most beautiful women, and an invitation no one can refuse.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,000,894 books! | Top bar: Always visible