Better Off Without Jesus by Chuck Bomar

Better Off Without Jesus

by Chuck Bomar

10None880,191 (3.5)None

No reviews

It can be hard to talk about but most of us are insecure in our ability to discern the Holy Spirit's voice in our life.  When the bible doesn't speak directly to our circumstances, we wonder how we can be sure when God is speaking and when He is not.  This ambiguity and seemingly subjective idea of listening to God too often creates a crippling insecurity within us that keeps us from moving forward in steps of faith.  In John 16:7, when Jesus told the disciples they were going to be better off without him, they seemed to struggle with this idea too and were obviously confused as to how Jesus leaving could possibly be to their advantage.  They were used to asking Jesus questions face to face and getting immediate answers.  This is why most of us think we too would be better off with Jesus by our side.

Through his personal struggle to discern God's voice in midst of trial, Chuck Bomar brings much needed practical understanding to why we are better off without Jesus physically by our side and takes readers on a confidence building journey of recognizing how and when the Holy Spirit is speaking to them.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:15 -0400)

According to Jesus Himself, even better than having Jesus with us is having the Holy Spirit within us. Yet many believers have trouble, just as Jesus's disciples did, understanding how this could be. Better Off without Jesus takes readers on a journey toward embracing the presence of the Holy Spirit within and guides them as they seek to understand and obey the voice of the Spirit in their lives. Readers will construct a biblical grid for discerning God's voice and get the tools they need to stay in tune with the Spirit's direction.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,585,863 books! | Top bar: Always visible