Unclaimed Legacy by Deborah Heal

Well, Deborah Heal has done it again, my friends. This book picks up exactly where Time and Again leaves off. The time travel element is a refreshing spin added into a Christian Historical fiction novel that is perfectly suited for any age, from middle grade on up to adults.

I love that you feel like you are learning a little bit about history while you are reading these novels. The historical elements are well-researched and the characters and situations are fleshed out well to work with the historical elements.

Ms. Heal does an excellent job of sucking you into a story that is filled with drama and fun little plot twists. You find yourself wondering by the end, just before you find out, what ever is going to happen with John and Abby. You have one of those “ah ha” moments when you find the answer to that question. You cry for Merri for the hand she has been dealt, and your heart will fill with awe and wonder at the things uncovered about the Old Dears.

This really is a wholesome, fun read that everyone should pick up and have as a part of their library. I absolutely cannot wait to see how the story will play out in the third book that I hear is coming! ( )
  destinyisntfree | Feb 28, 2015 |

destinyisntfree | Feb 28, 2015 |
Unclaimed Legacy' is the second book of Deborah Heal's exciting, new series. Abby & Merri continue in their adventures but now include a church member, John, into the equation. Of course, Michael, is still an important character in the story. Not only does the House Beautiful program open up a whole new perspective of earlier history, but further assists in discovering history in other places. The "Old Dears" are introduced, adding a fun flair into the increasing action and intrigue of the story plot. Who knew house-sitting could be so informative?
The friendship between the group strengthens. New personal challenges develop. Does it all relate somehow? If so, how? Where will this new situation take them? Will they be able to find the answers before they are further discovered?

In this book of the series, there is even more action and poignant circumstances. If it is possible, this is even better than the first novel!

It moves at an even faster pace than the first one. A number of new situations and people evolve.

The character profiles are well-defined and one becomes emotionally "caught up" in the evolving situations. A bit of humor is added to the story content . The surrounding atmosphere is described in detail, causing one to feel they are in the place described.

Th Cover is simple, yet fitting. The only concern I have there is I would have liked the detail in the background to be lighter so it is clearer to the reader of what it depicts. It would be more eye-catching.

Once again, the story ends well, leaving the reader to want more without feeling of missing any pages.

My review of this book gives it a Five Stars rating.

I was generously sent this book by the author for an honest review, of which I have given. ( )
  LAWonder10 | Nov 26, 2013 |
Another Great Book by Ms. Heal!

“Time and Again” was a great introduction to Abby, Merri, John, and all the others living about in the Miles Station’s neighborhood. By the time I had turned to that last page I felt like I had made some new friends. “Unclaimed Legacy’s” genuine warmth and down home spirit turned those new friends into my old friends--people I’d grown up with in my old neighborhood. You know . . . the ones who make you feel like you were a part of their family. And, what is more fun than having a summer adventure with your pals from the old neighborhood? This time, Eulah and Beulah need to solve a long-time mystery in their family tree and there is only one way that Abby, Merri, and John can help them. Of course, by now . . . you know what that is from reading “Time and Again.”

“Unclaimed Legacy” really has great character development and character interaction. There is a little love-play tension between Abby and John throughout the book. The history of Eulah and Beulah’s bloodline dances around a great mysterious tale that only can be solved through the odd and quirky computer program that has intrigued our three friends from the beginning. Adding the new characters gives a bit of depth and suspense to the mystery.

But, I really appreciated the way this author weaves all the history of the area into the story. I’m not a great history lover but in this book there is nothing glaring or boring with dull facts that will cause you to nod off. I was almost through reading the whole book before I realized how many historical tidbits were presented. With the little I know of the third story and my experience with the first two, I am really excited to get into the last one of the trilogy.

It is so refreshing to just have a good story to kick back, relax, and unwind from a trying day. Every night I read it before hitting the hay and the worst part of that is the book is done. It was really something to look forward to in ending my day. The good news is I have the last book of the trilogy left to read. And, I can’t wait!

I’d like to thank Deborah Heal for this beautiful copy of “Unclaimed Legacy” in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  Diane.Walters | Jul 15, 2013 |
I enjoyed reading this book. A different kind of story with the time travel concept with the computer program has become even more exciting as the author continues to write! A nice book to read on a night when you want to get cozy and lose yourself in this adventure.
A read for teens as well as adults, well written! ( )
  MaryAnn12 | Nov 6, 2012 |

“I call it time-surfing,” Abby said. “It’s like being there,
 except no one can see or hear us.”

“Whatever you call it,” John said, “that was crazy—what we just did.
 Beyond realistic. I mean, I was in that guy’s head
and knew everything he was thinking.”

Abby’s weird computer program is working again. And it comes in handy when they agree to help the Old Dears next door with their family tree. Except Abby and John learn more about one of the ladies’ ancestors than they ever wanted to know. Convicted in 1871 of murder and arson, Reuben Buchanan is a blight on the family’s reputation. But was he really guilty? Abby and John get inside the mind of a murderer to find out. But while they’re rummaging around in the Old Dears’ family history, they discover the truth of God’s promise to bless a thousand generations … and a legacy waiting to be reclaimed.

Abby and her friends agree to helpt the Old Dears again with their family tree. Abby and John learn more than they wanted about Reuben Buchanan, convicted in 1871 of murder and arson. But was he really guilty? Who is Nathan Buchanan?

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Deborah Heal's book Time and Again was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Deborah Heal is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,365,812 books! | Top bar: Always visible