Nobody by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Every book I've read by Jennifer Barnes, I have loved, except for this one. I found it completely frustrating. After reading the synopsis about a teenage assassin out to stalk and kill another teenager, but decides he can't do it, I was hooked. As I read further and further into the story, however, I found myself losing interest as each new detail of the characters' lives unfolded. After starting out as, what seemed to be, realistic fiction, those details just swept the book further and further away from what was believable. I stopped reading at the point in the story when we find out that there are just some people out there who are genetically programmed to be unlovable. This one was a real miss for me. ( )
  Mrslabraden | May 31, 2016 |
There are people in this world who are Nobody. No one sees them. No one notices them. They live their lives under the radar, forgotten as soon as you turn away.

That's why they make the perfect assassins.

The Institute finds these people when they're young and takes them away for training. But an untrained Nobody is a threat to their organization. And threats must be eliminated.

Sixteen-year-old Claire has been invisible her whole life, missed by the Institute's monitoring. But now they've ID'ed her and send seventeen-year-old Nix to remove her. Yet the moment he lays eyes on her, he can't make the hit. It's as if Claire and Nix are the only people in the world for each other. And they are--because no one else can really see them.
  lkmuir | Nov 23, 2015 |
"You don't leave something that matters. You don't throw that away. "

Wait. What did I just read?

Let's see. This started with Nix. He's a Nobody, a person that you can't see and something that was so not special.

Then there's Claire. All her life she lived in the background. She has no friends. She always go unnoticed even when she made sure to get attention.

Nix was working for the Society. He killed Nobodies because they were a threat to the people. When someone can't see you, you became dangerous you know? Then, he was assigned to kill Claire.

Killing was easy for Nix. He have done it many times before and there's no problem because he can't be seen by others. The shocking thing is Claire saw him, really saw him, when he's aiming the gun at her and that really throw him out of his game.

Holy crap. Claire liked her assassin and want to see him again. Is this for real? That's the point where I just want to throw this book on fire. But I always finish what I started so I continued reading it.

The romance. I know that it'll happen at some point and there's no stopping it but still..

The world building was so confusing that at some point, I stopped caring to understand.

I would've liked this book if it weren't so boring. Maybe others will find this interesting enough but this book was not for me. ( )
  margaraawr | Aug 8, 2014 |
"You don't leave something that matters. You don't throw that away. "

Wait. What did I just read?

margaraawr | Aug 8, 2014 |
Plot: 4 stars
Characters: 3 stars
Style: 4 1/2 stars
Pace: 3 1/2 stars

This was a book I sorta loved, sorta hated in places, but there was something I'm having trouble putting my finger on that I really enjoyed about her style of writing. The characters were flat and predictable, and the pace was uneven and choppy, but I really enjoyed it anyway. ( )
  Jami_Leigh | Jun 22, 2014 |

Fifteen-year-old Claire Ryan has always felt invisible, always lived beyond people's notice, which causes trouble when she instantly connects with seventeen-year-old Nix, who really can become invisible and has been sent to assassinate her.

EgmontUSA

An edition of this book was published by EgmontUSA.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,739,201 books! | Top bar: Always visible