Nobody by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Nobody (edition 2013)

by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (Author)

Fifteen-year-old Claire Ryan has always felt invisible, always lived beyond people's notice, which causes trouble when she instantly connects with seventeen-year-old Nix, who really can become invisible and has been sent to assassinate her.
Member:Rose9929
Title:Nobody
Authors:Jennifer Lynn Barnes (Author)
Info:EgmontUSA (2013), Edition: 1st, 400 pages
Tags:to-read

Nobody by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

I have loved everything I have read by Barnes, but not this one (which isn't totally fair of me, as I DNF). I just can't. I'm half way through it, and the other reviewers pegged this one correctly, unfortunately. ( )
  kweber319 | May 13, 2019 |
I really enjoy this author's books. Barnes does a great job of creating these magical realistic stories that make you think they could actually happen. The idea that some people are super charismatic and can bend people to their wills seems pretty realistic to me (Nulls). Some people have that extra charm, magnetism that just draws people in. The Nobodys, who are pretty much invisible (and in the fade actually not solid) is interesting. It's mostly physics, which I really liked. I do feel bad for Claire and Nix, having people not notice you or care about you would be so hard, especially for a child. But they found each other and what they could do is so awesome. This was a quick read and once I started, I read it all in one sitting. I highly recommend all Jennifer Lynn Barnes's books! ( )
  AlyP59 | Apr 25, 2019 |
Every book I've read by Jennifer Barnes, I have loved, except for this one. I found it completely frustrating. After reading the synopsis about a teenage assassin out to stalk and kill another teenager, but decides he can't do it, I was hooked. As I read further and further into the story, however, I found myself losing interest as each new detail of the characters' lives unfolded. After starting out as, what seemed to be, realistic fiction, those details just swept the book further and further away from what was believable. I stopped reading at the point in the story when we find out that there are just some people out there who are genetically programmed to be unlovable. This one was a real miss for me. ( )
  Mrslabraden | May 31, 2016 |
There are people in this world who are Nobody. No one sees them. No one notices them. They live their lives under the radar, forgotten as soon as you turn away.

That's why they make the perfect assassins.

The Institute finds these people when they're young and takes them away for training. But an untrained Nobody is a threat to their organization. And threats must be eliminated.

Sixteen-year-old Claire has been invisible her whole life, missed by the Institute's monitoring. But now they've ID'ed her and send seventeen-year-old Nix to remove her. Yet the moment he lays eyes on her, he can't make the hit. It's as if Claire and Nix are the only people in the world for each other. And they are--because no one else can really see them.
  lkmuir | Nov 23, 2015 |
"You don't leave something that matters. You don't throw that away. "

Wait. What did I just read?

Let's see. This started with Nix. He's a Nobody, a person that you can't see and something that was so not special.

Then there's Claire. All her life she lived in the background. She has no friends. She always go unnoticed even when she made sure to get attention.

Nix was working for the Society. He killed Nobodies because they were a threat to the people. When someone can't see you, you became dangerous you know? Then, he was assigned to kill Claire.

Killing was easy for Nix. He have done it many times before and there's no problem because he can't be seen by others. The shocking thing is Claire saw him, really saw him, when he's aiming the gun at her and that really throw him out of his game.

Holy crap. Claire liked her assassin and want to see him again. Is this for real? That's the point where I just want to throw this book on fire. But I always finish what I started so I continued reading it.

The romance. I know that it'll happen at some point and there's no stopping it but still..

The world building was so confusing that at some point, I stopped caring to understand.

I would've liked this book if it weren't so boring. Maybe others will find this interesting enough but this book was not for me. ( )
  margaraawr | Aug 8, 2014 |

EgmontUSA

An edition of this book was published by EgmontUSA.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,613,508 books! | Top bar: Always visible