Uncle by E.M. Leya

Uncle

by E.M. Leya

421,664,912 (3)None
Recently added bygigi9988776, jules0623, gsc55

I got a little frustrated with "If it's God's will..." being employed instead of the MCs being a bit proactive on their own behalf. The grandparents here seem borderline emotionally abusive - not letting the child play, making him stay quiet and repressed, spouting nonsense about his uncle - yet Travis decides to begin dating the Case Worker assigned to him, leaving his nephew's welfare in God's hands. While I respect their faith, it's simplistic and naive to believe that God will take care of it all then sabotage yourself every step of the way. This came up a few times, as well as religion being a prominent theme in general, and it rubbed me the wrong way.

There wasn't much doubt how the custody case would play out but I would have liked to see a bit more emotion from Travis, particularly in regards to his relationship with Evan and the Steele's and his sister, along the way. And more emotional depth from all the characters, tbh.

Nice chemistry between the MCs, though, a cute kid, and a sweet story overall.

jules0623 | Mar 31, 2013 |

Nice chemistry between the MCs, though, a cute kid, and a sweet story overall.

jules0623 | Mar 29, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,746,798 books! | Top bar: Always visible