Cookin' Crunk: Eating Vegan in the…

Cookin' Crunk: Eating Vegan in the Dirty South

by Bianca Phillips

241443,774 (4)None

I can't wait to try out a ton of recipes in this book. I'm giving it five stars without trying much out of here yet because I know how much work Bianca put into this over several years. Plus, I've had her cooking, and I know of her immense love for food. Food is her passion and raison d'être. I trust that the recipes are going to be true to the food I've been lucky to have that she's cooked.

In addition to developing the recipes, she also tested every single recipe on her own before putting the recipe into the cookbook. I believe she had other testers as well. I'm very inspired by Bianca's persistence, consistency, and organization skills - things I'm usually lacking in.

She was a pretty good friend of mine when I lived in Memphis, and I sure miss her and her cooking! I remember the magical day I first stumbled across her blog not too long after I became vegan. I couldn't believe there was another vegan in Memphis at the time. Bianca is a vegan extraordinaire!

Now if only her/our friend Stephanie, also in the Memphis area, would also publish a book. That girl can bake! (and make her desserts look incredibly pretty too)

So, I realize this is mostly a review of the author and not the book, but it's not everyday that one of your friends has a book published! ( )
  __Lindsey__ | Apr 17, 2013 |

With informative but accessible text, the sport is brought to life. This work offers an in-depth look at the sport, from its history and beginnings to the modern game, how it's played, who plays it and the rules that govern it. Packed with facts, stats and full-colour photographs, this is the essential guide.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,742,967 books! | Top bar: Always visible