Parallel Spirits: A Paranormal Romance by T.…

Parallel Spirits: A Paranormal Romance

by T. S. Welti

I received this book as part of a Member Giveaway from LibraryThing. I thought parts of the book was interesting, such as the concept of carrier spirits, but the rules for the world of carrier spirits wasn't explained completely and clearly. It seems that the rules for the spirits seemed to change as needed to develop the plot. The characters were interesting, though a little too similar to Twilight to be very unique. The ending was very confusing, it kind of ended right in the middle of a sentence almost. There was enough in the novel to interest me, however, that I am going to read the next in the series, and maybe the world that she created is a little better defined in the upcoming novels. ( )
  calicocat901 | Jul 30, 2013 |
I loved it, all the twisting and turning and always guessing what is going to happen next. I started to read it and just couldn't put it down, I am glad I had the time to do that because I wanted to know what was going to happen next. A must read for sure! I was given this book thru LibraryThing. Awesome!!!! ( )
  MaryAnn12 | Apr 4, 2013 |
I really liked this book. I can't wait for the next one in the series. I enjoyed learning about the characters and the spirits in them. This book reminds me of A Certain Slant of Light by Laura Whitcomb in regards to spirits possessing the bodies of others. I would suggest that you give this book a try. ( )
  DeeDee10 | Dec 20, 2012 |
Loved it! ( )
  CyndiGoodgame | Nov 13, 2012 |
Parallel Spirits was a book that had me turning pages to try and work out what was happening, in all the right ways. There was some mystery surrounding some of the characters that is revealed as you read, with certain "carrier spirits" existing hundreds of years before the main characters were born and the order all of this is revealed in. All of the interactions between living and spirit, between friends and between romantic partners were enjoyable to read.

My biggest complaint here was the fact that the ending seemed to have just sort of died off somehow. I actually did wonder at one point if my preview copy actually ended in the middle of somewhere it shouldn't. There was maybe an attempt at closing things up, but the conclusion was really more like snapping something in half and trying to round off the sharp edges.

Overall, an enjoyable, quick read.

Note: Though this book was a free gift from the author, the content of my review was in no way influenced by the gifting. The book speaks for itself and my review would have been worded just this way even if I'd gone out and bought it. I also give bonus points for Text To Speech enabling on Kindle format.... but that also wasn't a factor in the above review. ( )
  mirrani | Oct 16, 2012 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

T. S. Welti's book Parallel Spirits (A Paranormal Romance) was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

T. S. Welti is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,654,127 books! | Top bar: Always visible