Snow by P. D. Eastman

Snow

by P. D. Eastman, Roy McKié (Illustrator)

Simply written so it is good for a range of ages, for parents to read to their children, and also new readers who are sounding out words and beginning to read on their own. This is one of my favorite P.D Eastman books because it is about a subject that all kids love, we all love snow days and being able to play outside in it. I also love the illustrations because they aren't over done, they are quite simple but beautiful at the same time. There isn't much range of colors used, but it is enough to make the picture pop but not overtake the story being told.
  jzerba | Mar 17, 2013 |
Summary: An older "I can read it all by myself beginner book" all about snow. The book covers all the different activities you could do in the snow and why the children in the book like snow. It has simple words that rhyme through out so that it catches the attention of little ones and yet is easy for the beginner reader to read.

Personal Reaction: I have had this book since I was a little kid. I am not sure how I came to own it but it was published in 1962. I can't remember if I liked the book as a child but I think I must have because I remember the words well and I smile when I think about the book. I still enjoy it now as a adult and I have read it to both my girls over the years. I like the colors used in the illustrations and the rhyming of the words.

Classroom Extension Ideas: The kids could write short stories, or if to young, draw pictures, of their favorite season and what activities they like to do during that season.

We could learn about snow and how it is "made", which could lead to other weather related lessons as well. ( )
  MistyRobinson | Oct 3, 2012 |
Good story! I wish I could go to the snow right now! ( )
  Mikelodeon | Nov 10, 2009 |
My dad used to read this to us when we were little. There was one line he used to read perfectly, and we would giggle forever.
  sarahmarcus | Feb 24, 2007 |

P. D. Eastmanprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
McKié, RoyIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed

Illus. in color. "Joyful verse relates the many ways to enjoy snow. First graders will love it."--Chicago Tribune.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:37:05 -0400)

Two children enjoy sledding, skiing, making tracks, building a snowman, and other activities in the snow.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,648,221 books! | Top bar: Always visible