Dead Run (MIRA) by Erica Spindler

Dead Run (MIRA) (original 2002; edition 2003)

by Erica Spindler

Member:EricaSpindler
Title:Dead Run (MIRA)
Authors:Erica Spindler
Info:Mira (2003), Mass Market Paperback, 480 pages

Dead Run by Erica Spindler (2002)

I don't remember when I bought this book, but it is a quick enjoyable read. If you like murder mysteries, with a touch of satanism you will probably enjoy this. You will probably figure out who the killer is before the characters in the book do, but. It is written well enough that you will still finish the book, to find out all of the how's and whys, and like me be surprised at the depth of deceit and infiltration the killer has amassed. I will be seeking out other books by this author, and recommendations? ( )
  zmagic69 | Feb 10, 2014 |
When Rachel Ames - a pastor living in Key West, Florida - mysteriously disappears after leaving a desperate phone message on her sister's answering machine - Liz Ames travels to Key West to search for her. Within a few days of Liz's arrival, the area is rocked by the suicide of a successful businessman, another disappearance and the ritualistic murder of a teenage girl who Rachel was counselling. Frightened for her sister's safety and well-being, Liz teams up with a former Miami cop - Rick Wells - to uncover the dark and deadly secrets that are poisoning paradise.

This is the first book of Erica Spindler's that I've read and I must say that I really enjoyed it very much. I will certainly keep her in mind as an author for me to read again sometime. I give this book an A! ( )
  moonshineandrosefire | Apr 11, 2012 |
I have read most of Erica Spindler's books and have enjoyed almost every one. I don't know what she was thinking when she wrote this one. I just couldn't get in tune with the characters. I thought Liz and Rick had no chemistry at all. I did find the ending to be exciting and was surprised to learn who one of the killers was. I thought this book was not as well written, or researched as some of her previous novels. I just didn't enjoy the story. I have never really enjoyed novels that have aspects of religion in them and that could be why I couldn't get into this novel. ( )
  chrissywest | Jan 9, 2011 |
I read this book but was unable to complete it. It was a totally disjointed story. The characters were not well developed and it felt as if she was trying to throw in some action that she was uncomfortable with. It got to be too much trouble to finish. I would not recommend it. It is, however, the only one of hers I had ever read, so I did read another one of her books. Unfortunately, I did not enjoy that one either. Sorry, but this is not an author I would persue adding to my collection. ( )
  lawn2000 | Sep 12, 2009 |
Mystery
  shirley8 | Oct 28, 2008 |
Be sober, be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. - 1 Peter 5:8
Pastor Rachel Howard peered out the bedroom's rear window, struggling to see past the sheets of rain.

Troubled teenagers, a satanic cult, a serial killer and hurricane-force evil disturb the island paradise of Key West in Spindler's latest chiller.
Divorced family counselor Liz Ames relocates from St. Louis to Key West to investigate the disappearance of her sister, Pastor Rachel Howard, who left Liz a mysterious phone message about a teenaged girl, illegal activities and threats to her life.
Local police chief Val Lopez does not share Liz's certainty that her sister has fallen victim to foul play, nor is hers the only island mystery confronting police: a wealthy loan officer with deviant tastes has plummeted to his death, a suspected suicide; another bank employee is reported missing before her body washes ashore, a suspected homicide; and just as Liz gets to know her, a teenage girl is brutally murdered and mutilated, her runaway boyfriend the prime suspect.
Liz seeks help from Rick Wells, Miami cop-turned-bar owner and close friend of the police chief; Rachel's successor, Pastor Tim; and Heather Ferguson, the blonde bombshell owner of a bikini boutique.
Not knowing which locals she can trust, Liz (who's not entirely honest herself) heads into the eye of a hurricane and a classic confrontation between good and evil.

When her sister Rachel, a pastor in Key West, mysteriously vanishes, and two murders occur, Liz teams up with former Miami cop Rick Wells to unearth the dark secrets of this seemingly perfect community.

Erica Spindler is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,486,995 books! | Top bar: Always visible