Klutzy Love by Sharon Kleve

Klutzy Love (edition 2012)

by Sharon Kleve

Rating:*****
Tags:Romance, Paranormal, Animals, Cops

Klutzy Love (The Corny Myers Series) (Volume 3) by Sharon Kleve

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This book was so short and ended so abruptly I wondered if my PDF was missing something. Apparently not. Corny works for an inept boss, can communicate with animals (oh-KAY), is seeing a hunky policeman, and has some fun gal pals. There were some bad guys and bad dates. The plot never really cohered. ( )
  ennie | Aug 10, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This is really not a good book. It comes off as really silly, to the point of ridiculous. There is a boss who doesn't know how to check his own email and stamps his foot when told what to do... A boyfriend who immediately breaks up with Corny because he doesn't like her career dreams... a girl who is "graduating" from detective school at the end of the book, but we never once saw her go to class or complete any coursework, etc. The dialogue is just not natural, and reading the conversations between Corny and her ferret is annoying. Maybe it is just me, but I don't think animals would talk like that! Also, the characters keep describing objects so strangely... over and over. For example, a head is a "noggin" and her car was "toast". Throughout this short book we never really learn anything about the characters at all. The story is very abrupt and jerky. One paragraph we are following a conversation between Corny and someone, and the next thing we know several hours have passed and she is doing something else... with no indication of what happened in between... etc. etc. You get the idea. Yes... this story is easy to read because it is written very simplistically, like a children's book, but this type of story telling doesn't match the actual events in the story line (multiple physical altercations, sexual situations, etc). ( )
  booksniff | Oct 7, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received this free from early reviewers. The book was extremely short and informal. The story was overly heavy on dialogue and there was no balance with descriptions. The character names, like "Corny" and "Kitty," were silly and it seemed like a rough draft. Wouldn't reccoment it. ( )
  MkSmith327 | Sep 18, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received this book free through LibraryThing in exchange for my review. This book was short - basically a novella - but even that I couldn't finish. The story was overly-silly, the scenarios unrealistic, and the dialogue clumsy. I understand it may be difficult to write dialogue for animals, but even if the language was put into a human's mouth, it would still be awkward. If you are interested in a short romance that is a bit ridiculous, this book is for you. Unfortunately for me, "klutzy" and "corny" describe this book a little too much to keep my interest. ( )
  tzevaf | Sep 9, 2014 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Sharon Kleve's book Klutzy Love was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

Sharon Kleve is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Books to Go Now

An edition of this book was published by Books to Go Now.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,411,785 books! | Top bar: Always visible