Arrr! (Celebrate International Talk Like a Pirate Day)

Pinocchio by Steffi Fletcher

Pinocchio

by Steffi Fletcher

Other authors: Al Dempster (Illustrator)

Pinocchio is about a wooden toy who comes to life. To become a real boy he has prove himself worthy of being a great kid. Pinocchio realizes that its not so hard being a good boy and he lies often. When he lies his nose grows and although when you lie in reality your nose doesn't grow, it's still not good. The consequence of him lying was his nose growing. Students can learn that there is a consequence to every lie and its not being honest.
  Future_educator | Nov 25, 2013 |
Summary: Pinocchio is little wooden boy who comes to life, to become a real boy he has to prove to that hes a good kid. During his journey Pinocchio discovers that being a good boy is not so easy. He is faced with many decisions and with the help of his conscience he eventually ends up on the right path.

Personal Reaction: Not one of my favorite stories to read or tell, but the importance of this story out weighs my dislikes. This is a fun way for kids to learn about choices and consequences, and to learn about truth and lies.

Classroom extensions: Can be used to sow the importance of telling the truth and the consequences of telling lies. Can be used to show that everybody has the ability to choose their own path but not free from the consequenses of thoes choices.
  patrick.brautigan | Sep 16, 2012 |
This has been a beloved fairy tale for generations. I grew up watching the Disney movie and the illustrations in this book are right from the film. The illustrations are bright and colorful and bring the story to life. This book is a part of my personal library. I would recommend this story to all young children. ( )
  lmckeon | Jul 7, 2012 |
-No Award
-pre k-1st
-Pinocchio is about a little wooden boy who comes to life, and in order for him to become a real boy he has to prove to himself that hes a good kid, but throughout the story he runs into a bunch of problems.
-This is a good book to teach kids to always be honest know matter what.
-I would have them make their own puppet
-I also would want them to draw a picture of what toy the would like to come alive
  booo2893 | Oct 27, 2011 |
This is an old story about a boy named Pinocchio. He was carved out of wood by a carpenter named Jepeddo. He always wanted a boy, so one night he made a wish on a star and his puppet came to life. Pinocchio went on an adventure, and being defiant got him into a lot of trouble. He ended up in a belly of a whale, where Jepeddo was also. They escaped and went home where the fairy made him into a real boy because of his good deeds.

This book is one of the classics. I can relate to this story because my son Romero who is now 10 years old loved it when he was 4. We would always read it together and he would say Momma i will always listen to you cause i dont want to get eaten by a whale. Very precious moment.

In my classroom I would talk about differnt types of puppets, how they are made, what they look like. I then would read them the story of Pinoccho and talk about his adventure. Then we could make our very own puppets out of paper bags and magic markers.
  gena93 | Sep 13, 2010 |

Steffi Fletcherprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dempster, AlIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

The beloved tale of a wooden puppet who longs to become a real boy is as appealing now as when it was first released in 1940. The beautiful, vintage illustrations in this Little Golden Book retelling will charm children and collectors alike. It makes a great companion to the Platinum Edition DVD being released by Disney in spring 2009!

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:28:51 -0400)

The adventures of the puppet boy whose nose grew whenever he told a lie.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,739,888 books! | Top bar: Always visible