That Girl Started Her Own Country: Sixth in…

That Girl Started Her Own Country: Sixth in the Series of Sequels to the… (edition 2012)

by Holy Ghost Writer

Member:wagner.sarah35
Title:That Girl Started Her Own Country: Sixth in the Series of Sequels to the Count of Monte Cristo
Authors:Holy Ghost Writer
Info:CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (2012), Paperback, 118 pages
Rating:***
Tags:mystery, suspense, Stieg Larsson, 2013

THAT GIRL STARTED HER OWN COUNTRY (The Count of Monte Cristo) by Holy Ghost Writer

English (26)  Dutch (1)  All languages (27)
That Girl Started Her Own Country is a thrilling adventure full of mystery, suspense, love, politics, murder, fame, wealth, a secret society and fighting the good fight.

I was first introduced to the character Zaydee in The Anonymous Girl from the Count of Monte Cristo series, which happens to be the follow up to this book. I was immediately enchanted with her. She is a strong character that makes you fall in love and cheer for her all the way. Her unique abilities and traits set her apart from every one.

In this story Zaydee has transformed herself into a royal princess and international jet setter. Beneath all the countless love affairs is a love for Journalist Steven Larson and a need to protect him. Zaydee sets out to discover who committed the murders for which she was falsely accused and expose a secret society in the meantime. Her bravery and determination set the tone for a story that captures your imagination and doesn’t let go.

Author Holy Ghost Writer has thrilled me again with this unique and captivating story. It has all the great elements to thoroughly entertain from beginning to end. I cannot wait to see what Holy Ghost Writer has in store for us next. I highly recommend it! ( )
  Raymy | Mar 26, 2014 |
Amongst the best from HGW. Action goes fast and takes place nowadays. Many references such as Vincent Cassel, Morgan Freeman, Pipi Longstocking help the book catching your interest and your smile. The scenes are easy to visualize especially when using famous places like Starbuck and involving the FBI. I am looking forward to read the coming books from the sequel to make the link and understand how the author bounced from The Count of Monte Cristo ahead to a FBI procedural drama… TBC… ☺ ( )
  Lemesle | Jan 26, 2014 |
It has come to my attention that I may have been too quick in my judgement of this book. I have re-shelved accordingly. The blurb is now not the same as the first review, which was what threw me the first time.

AnnaLund2011 | Sep 20, 2013 |
I’m a fan of the Millennium series by Stieg Larsson. Even though mystery and suspense aren’t my top genre, I do have a few favorite writers who I enjoy reading. Like most people who finish a well-loved series, I go through a withdrawal of sorts where it becomes unbearable to cope with having the stories of the characters end. It happened with Harry Potter. It happened with Game of Thrones (Hurry up with book 6 already, Mr. Martin!). And, it happened with The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. So, it seemed fitting to read Holy Ghost Writer’s sequel. Well, it’s not actually a sequel to The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest. It’s more like a sequel to a sequel to a sequel to a sequel to . . . you know what, let’s just call it book 9. I think that’s about right.

Zaydee, formerly known as Lisbeth, has evolved. She’s no longer the dark, lonely young woman with an Aspergerian disconnect to society. She is a jet-setting diva with a love ‘em and leave ‘em attitude. But, some things never change. Zaydee is still the highly intelligent, hacking, conspiratress who is always a keystroke from trouble. Trouble lands the computer whiz in jail with a bevy of colorful characters. Now known as Princess Jane Doe, the mysterious prisoner finds plenty of like-minded individuals to hatch her latest scheme.

Meanwhile, Stieg Larsson, here an actual person, must avoid capture as his latest exposé of the Bilderberg Group threatens to be more than just a career ender. With Zaydee’s advanced planning, he’s able to go into hiding. From an undisclosed location, he begins to uncover the truth. Naturally, it has something to do with our infamous Count of Monte Cristo, Sultan of Albania, Pirate Lord.

This sequel8 is quite interesting. I like the story, as well as some of the legal and moral issues presented. I did find some of the dialogue with Zaydee and the prisoners a little unrealistic, but it was entertaining nonetheless. Zaydee is the Lisbeth Salander that I’d hoped for after everything she went through in the Millennium Series. As typical of HGW, there are some humorous aspects to the plot. So, I urge you to not take everything so seriously. It’s no cheesier than most of the popular dramatic TV shows and movies people rave about. You should find the story enjoyable. ( )
  Jada_W | Aug 7, 2013 |
मेरा पसंदीदा नायिका सिर्फ उसे आने और बचाव के लिए उ​से राजकुमार के लिए आकर्षक इंतजार है जो किसी को नही​ं है. वह बहादुर बुद्धिमान और वह क्या चाहता है पाने​ के लिए जानता है कि कैसे होना चाहिए ... और ​Zaydee सभी कि और अधिक था.

एक तरफ मुख्य किरदार मेरे लिए बहुत आदर्श था कि इस ​तथ्य से, मैं लेखक कहानी एक साथ जिस तरह से प्यार कर​ता हूँ. यह कोई नीरस क्षणों में तेजी से पुस्तक थी औ​र वह यह कि तुम सिर्फ एक फिल्म देखने की तरह हो महसू​स होता तो उज्ज्वल है कि खूबसूरती से लिखा गया था. ​

निश्चित रूप से इस लेखक से अधिक पुस्तकों के लिए तत​ ( )
  GEORGE1992DEFO | Jul 5, 2013 |
"A truly imaginative, unique page-turner that will leave readers wanting more."-Kirkus
added by HGWriter | editKirkus Reviews, Kirkus (Oct 29, 2012)

by Ian F.
Member since:
February 15, 2008 That Girl Started Her Own Country by The Holy Ghost Writer
December 29, 2012 06:29 PM EST (Updated: December 29, 2012 06:30 PM EST)
views: 39 | 6 people recommend this | comments: 6

If you are in for a terrific, suspense filled, romantic thrilling experience, do not miss to take up this book! The story revolves around an International playgirl and jet-setter Zaydee, who is in love with an investigative journalist Steven Larson who is in the process of a dangerous assignment that of exposing the ‘Bilderberg Group’. Our heroine steps in to help him as she feels he is in real danger.

THAT GIRL STARTED HER OWN COUNTRY -

The latest mystery by Holy Ghost Writer dazzles with a tale of computer hacking, legal wrangling and kung-fu fighting.

International playgirl and jet-setter Zaydee is in love with investigative journalist Steven Larson, who is writing an exposé of the Bilderberg Group. Zaydee believes Larson is in danger, so she hatches a complicated plan to help him by providing him with a safe house and starting up a new publication for him, staffed by computer hackers. However, when Zaydee is set up and betrayed by her investment broker, the FBI arrests her. Since she refuses to identify herself, the FBI agents book her under the clever name “Princess Jane Doe.” However, she manages to take full advantage of her new royal title by using the esoteric Foreign Sovereign Immunities Act as part of an international legal procedure to defend herself, without legal counsel, against unknown charges. As Zaydee becomes a media celebrity, her true identity remains a mystery to both the FBI and the general public. The author fills each chapter with intrigue, following Zaydee as she plots her escape from prison. The increasingly elaborate plot also features a math-genius professor and Yale University’s Skull and Bones secret society. The author effectively keeps the reader guessing each character’s allegiance as well as Zaydee’s eventual endgame. In the end, readers may be left wondering about the mysterious and colorful Zaydee’s true backstory—as well as author Holy Ghost Writer’s true identity.

A truly imaginative, unique page-turner that will leave readers wanting more.

Kirkus Reviews

1 wanted1 pay1 pay

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

The Girl Started Her Own Country by Holy Ghost Writer was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,552,302 books! | Top bar: Always visible