The Door in the Sky by Sandy Klein Bernstein

The Door in the Sky (edition 2012)

by Sandy Klein Bernstein

Member:noblesqualor
Title:The Door in the Sky
Authors:Sandy Klein Bernstein
Info:Dog Ear Publishing (2012), Paperback, 268 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:fantasy, young adult

The Door in the Sky by Sandy Klein Bernstein

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J. K. Rowling (Alliebadger)
    Alliebadger: Both fun and exciting YA fantasy stories that are written very well!

I really liked this book; it was a quick fun YA read. I was fortunate enough to win a copy on Library Thing's Member giveaways. This was truly a unique book and l adored the author’s sense of humor. I look forward to her other writings! ( )
  lg4154 | Mar 3, 2013 |
Absolutely wonderful!!

To all the book lovers out there: you know that great feeling you get when you begin reading a new book, and you know immediately that something special is happening? That is exactly the way I felt when I began reading Sandy Klein Bernstein's the Door in the Sky.

As soon as I began reading, I was completely hooked. From the very outset, this book joins the ranks of fabulous novels for young readers; it is funny, exciting, charming, creative, and engaging. But for all you adult book lovers out there: don't write this off as being just a novel for young adults, anybody who enjoys delightfully humorous fantasy novels will adore this book!

You will love the adventures of Ricky, Allie, Shimmer, Twink, and the cast of wonderful characters they meet along the way! An absolutely fantastic read! ( )
  noblesqualor | Jan 3, 2013 |
WOW‼! I LOVE this book!! It is an amazingly written story that grips you from the moment you start reading it. Sandy Bernstein created a magical world where witches, faeries, wood sprites, goblins and more exist. I love how the author put forth so much detail so that we, the readers, can imagine this world the way it was meant to be.
The characters are truly remarkable! Characters you will fall in love with and some that you will not! Nevertheless, one thing I know is that you will be taken on an adventure of a lifetime! “The Door in the Sky” is an exceptional read and it will not let you down. This book is for all ages, not just for kids. I am a mother of three and a grandmother and I sincerely enjoyed reading this magical book.
“The Door in the Sky” will be a book that I will read with my 11yr old son and my grandson. Sandy, your book will become my family’s next “The Night Before Christmas” story. This book will be passed down through my family so they can enjoy this amazing magical adventure and fall in love with the story just as I have.
I am very excited and cannot wait for the second book to come out so that this magical adventure will continue. I highly recommend this book to all ages young and old. Thank you Sandy for your memorable story that I will always treasure. ( )
  livvie_v | Dec 9, 2012 |
I've been mulling over how to write this reveiw for 2 days. I enjoyed the book, the charactors and the syory so much I laughed til I cried in places. I just didn't want to give any of it away. There were surprises around every corner. Great Book Sandy! I'm saving it for my Granddaughter. ( )
  Rennee | Dec 5, 2012 |
A brother and sister are whisked away to a kingdom on a far planet at the invitation of the king. They are quickly immersed in an adventure involving good and evil queens, goblins, fairies, kittens made of snow, and many other unique and challenging situations. This is an excellent fantasy for middle school kids, and will be of interest to both boys and girls. I think it would be especially good for reluctant readers. I recommend The Door in the Sky and look forward to its sequel. ( )
  mclane | Nov 25, 2012 |
Sandy has put together quite the book! The world she has created in The Door in the Sky wraps around you and will have you lost in a magical world for hours and hours! Twink is endearing, and I love the fun, magical details intertwined to each chapter.

Give this one a shot - you won't regret it!
added by JKSCommunications | editMe, Sami Jo (Sep 20, 2012)

Sandy Klein Bernstein is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,695,759 books! | Top bar: Always visible