On Dublin Street by Samantha Young

On Dublin Street (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Samantha Young

Member:ljduett
Title:On Dublin Street
Authors:Samantha Young
Info:NAL Trade (2012), Paperback, 336 pages
Rating:***

On Dublin Street by Samantha Young (2012)

HOT HOT HOT! BRADEN CARMICHAEL IS EVERY WOMANS HOTTEST DREAM, ( )
  Heelgirl77 | May 16, 2015 |
HOT HOT HOT! BRADEN CARMICHAEL IS EVERY WOMANS HOTTEST DREAM, ( )
  Heelgirl77 | May 16, 2015 |
I really enjoyed this saucy romance! I love the very electric connection between the 2 main characters: Jocelyn (Joss) & Braden. It was very easy to see their perspective on things, even though it is told by Joss' point of view. The two of them are so stubborn, and strong-willed. They each embody a part of the fight-or-flight response theory. Joss will flee in the face of anything emotional or any thoughts on commitment. Braden will be very aggressive and fight for it. There were many times when I found myself siding with one or the other.

There was a LOT of miscommunication in this story, probably due to the insecurities, that this love tale was almost downright neurotic. Not just between Joss & Braden, but between Joss' friends Rhian & James, and Joss' flatmate (and Braden's sister)Ellie & Braden's friend Adam.

There is an overlying theme of the definition of family being more than just blood relatives, but deep friendships too. Also, there is an overlying theme of distrust. Mostly from Joss' tragic past, and some from Braden's past.

Final note: Joss refers to Braden as a "caveman" several times in the book, which proved to be true on several occasions. He got to be so territorial and barbaric that at some points it was almost offensive to read, rather than romantic. That's the only reason why I gave the book 4 stars, instead of the full 5. ( )
  JanJanFreeman | May 5, 2015 |
Jocelyn "Joss" Butler
Braden Carmichael

I see why everyone is so up in arms about this book. It's GREAT! I made a joke about "drinking the koolaid" when I first started reading this book but now all I want to do is pass out cups to every one I know. It's so emotional and sexy with out being overt and crude, well Braden can be a little crude but it looks good on him. They must read this! 5 Stars ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Apr 17, 2015 |

This book made me laugh, made me cry and made me want to slap Joss and Braden!!! Love the story of how Joss gets through the loss of her family to finally putting life back together. This book will draw you in right from the beginning ( )
  Kimmykay0302 | Apr 13, 2015 |
added by AoifeT | editDear Author, Jane (Sep 18, 2012)

I was bored.

Genre: Adult Contemporary Romance

Four years ago, Jocelyn Butler left her tragic past behind in the States and started over in Edinburgh. Burying the grief, ignoring her demons, and forging ahead without any real attachments has worked well for her so far but when Joss moves into a fantastic apartment on Dublin Street, her carefully guarded world is shaken to its core by her new roommate’s sexy older brother.

Braden Carmichael is a man who always gets what he wants. And what he wants is Jocelyn in his bed. Knowing how skittish Joss is concerning any kind of relationship, Braden proposes a sexual arrangement that should satisfy the intense attraction between them without it developing into anything ‘more’. An intrigued Jocelyn agrees, completely unprepared for the Scotsman and his single-minded determination to strip the stubborn young woman bare…to the very soul.

Jocelyn left her tragic past behind in the States and started over in Scotland, burying her grief, ignoring her demons, and forging ahead without attachments. When she moves into a new apartment on Dublin Street, she meets a man who shakes her carefully guarded world to its core. Braden Carmichael is used to getting what he wants, and he's determined to get Jocelyn into his bed. Knowing how skittish she is about entering a relationship, Braden proposes an arrangement that will satisfy their intense attraction without any strings attached. Jocelyn soon realizes that Braden won't be satisfied with just mind-blowing passion. The stubborn Scotsman is intent on truly knowing her, down to the very soul.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,944,244 books! | Top bar: Always visible