On Dublin Street by Samantha Young

On Dublin Street (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Samantha Young

Member:ljduett
Title:On Dublin Street
Authors:Samantha Young
Info:NAL Trade (2012), Paperback, 336 pages
Rating:***

On Dublin Street by Samantha Young (2012)

I see why everyone is so up in arms about this book. It's GREAT! I made a joke about "drinking the koolaid" when I first started reading this book but now all I want to do is pass out cups to every one I know. It's so emotional and sexy with out being overt and crude, well Braden can be a little crude but it looks good on him. They must read this! 5 Stars ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Jul 17, 2014 |
I just couldn't put this book down! I heard so much about it and everybody seemed to love it, so when I saw it on sale I knew I had to get it. I started reading it the same day and I just couldn't stop! The very beginning was really attention catching. The story was well developed and the characters fit perfectly.

The plot was not original, but it didn't bother me at all. The characters made up for it. I just loved how funny but at the same time emotional this book was. Jocelyn was a heroin that I liked. She knew that she had a problem and she was getting help, which made me love her more. I honestly hate heroines that just cry all the time and thinking of how their life sucks, which wasn't the case in this book. Jocelyn was strong, independent, funny and strong willed. Her traumatic experience didn't stop her from being a bad ass character.Well there were times when I wanted to yell at her...but she was forgiven quickly. And of course she had to fall for Braden...or did he fall for her first? Hmm.. you'll have to read and find out(; Trust me you don't want to miss out on Branden. He is an alpha piece of hotness. Sure he can be controlling, but I didn't mind that....he can be as controlling as he wants with me...just saying. His character was so well fitted for this book. Their story was emotional, and I loved every part of it.

“I feel like I'm missing something really important when you're gone. So important I don't feel like myself. I've never felt like someone was mine before. But you're mine, Jocelyn. I've known that from the moment we met. And I'm yours. I don't want to be anyone else's, babe.”

Jocelyn and Braden had an amazing sex..I mean romance...totally their romance was sexy, and hot, and sexy...did I mention how sexy it was? Like steamy sexy. Also there were emotions there. Sex+Emotions= Best Sex Scenes. Yep. Oh and did I mention how funny their relationship was at times? Let me tease you:

~~~~
I couldn't believe he’d just said that to me in a fancy restaurant where anyone might overhear. “Are you kidding?”

“Babe,” he gave me a look that suggested I was missing the obvious, “I never kid about blowjobs.”
The sound of someone choking brought my head up. Our waiter had descended on us just in time to hear those romantic words and his rosy cheeks betrayed his embarrassment. “Ready to order?” he croaked out.
“Yes,” Braden answered, obviously uncaring he’d been overheard. “I’ll have the steak, medium-rare.” He smiled softly at me. “What are you having?” He took a swig of water.
He thought he was so cool and funny,
“Apparently sausage.”

Braden choked on the water, coughing into his fists, his eyes bright with mirth as he put his glass back on the table.
~~~~
Yep. You have to read this. ( )
  AnastaB | Jun 21, 2014 |
I noticed that this book got a lot of great reviews and I just had to try it out.
Wow! What an amazing love story! I think I have found my new best author. Ms. Young has fashioned a stunningly detailed love affair between the two most unlikely souls. Two souls haunted by memories buried deep. One searching for that everlasting love, the other running from life.

To say that Jocelyn Butler has a few issue is an understatement. Never getting too close. Never giving too much of herself to any lasting friendship or relationship. While she may find a certain suit attractive, that's as far as she is willing to invest herself. That is until that certain suit turns out to be her new roommate Ellie's, brother. The attraction is instant and volatile. Her need to stay in her nice neat little world is constantly challenged by first Ellie then Braden's need to nurture and comfort.

Braden Carmichael puts the alpha and alpha male. Whatever he wants, he gets. This time he's set his sights on Jocelyn Butler and he's not taking no for an answer. Braden is every woman's dream guy. Thoughtful and caring, yet a bit overbearing. His sexuality seeps from his pores and he's not afraid to express his desires physically or verbally. Boy, can he express them verbally! Sometimes I think he speaks just for the shear shock factor.

"On Dublin Street" transports a reader to the beautiful landscape of Edinburgh, Scotland; the land of rolling hills and castles. Nestled in the heart of the story-line is a tale of healing. A healing of both the mind and the heart. Life is about living in the light not hiding in the shadows; afraid to experience what life has to offer to those that are willing to take a chance. Taking a chance putting your heart on your sleeve for all to see.

I loved this book! The pace of the story-line was perfect; adding just the right measure of emotional angst. Its scene transition were seamless and the secondary story-line added extra drama to the overall story.
  TheiBookEmporium | May 21, 2014 |
Close to 5-stars -- I loved this story. I finished this in a day and am still thinking about Joss and Braedan. ♥ ( )
  sharonhd | Mar 13, 2014 |
First off, I have to say this book cracked me open in a way I didn't expect. I did some serious eye rolling after the prologue where her family is killed in a car accident. It was a well written prologue; it's just that I am so tired of dead parents in books. It seems like every character is an orphan these days.

But the panic attacks that plagued her years later over not dealing with their loss definitely rang true to me and triggered something similar in my chest over the loss of one of my best friends years ago. So I spent most of the book reading through a haze of grief and pain, which helped me relate to the main character in a significant way. However, I thought the episode with Dru was unnecessary pain. She already has a dead family, why all that, too?

Young has a couple of writing ticks (i.e. her stomach 'flipped' about a dozen times throughout the course of the book, and her excessive use of the hero's name needed to be pared way down), but the character development was solid. I even laughed out loud a few times.

The sex was hot, too! Braden is a caveman but in the best way. I really liked that he wasn't afraid to say "I love you" or fight for her, rather than just giving up, even though she was doing her best to push him away.

Beautiful book, but now I definitely need to read something made of fluff and cotton candy. *sniff* ( )
  CyndiTefft | Feb 6, 2014 |
added by AoifeT | editDear Author, Jane (Sep 18, 2012)

I was bored.

Genre: Adult Contemporary Romance

Four years ago, Jocelyn Butler left her tragic past behind in the States and started over in Edinburgh. Burying the grief, ignoring her demons, and forging ahead without any real attachments has worked well for her so far but when Joss moves into a fantastic apartment on Dublin Street, her carefully guarded world is shaken to its core by her new roommate’s sexy older brother.

Braden Carmichael is a man who always gets what he wants. And what he wants is Jocelyn in his bed. Knowing how skittish Joss is concerning any kind of relationship, Braden proposes a sexual arrangement that should satisfy the intense attraction between them without it developing into anything ‘more’. An intrigued Jocelyn agrees, completely unprepared for the Scotsman and his single-minded determination to strip the stubborn young woman bare…to the very soul.

Jocelyn left her tragic past behind in the States and started over in Scotland, burying her grief, ignoring her demons, and forging ahead without attachments. When she moves into a new apartment on Dublin Street, she meets a man who shakes her carefully guarded world to its core. Braden Carmichael is used to getting what he wants, and he's determined to get Jocelyn into his bed. Knowing how skittish she is about entering a relationship, Braden proposes an arrangement that will satisfy their intense attraction without any strings attached. Jocelyn soon realizes that Braden won't be satisfied with just mind-blowing passion. The stubborn Scotsman is intent on truly knowing her, down to the very soul.… (more)

74 wanted6 pay1 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,477,231 books! | Top bar: Always visible