On Dublin Street by Samantha Young

On Dublin Street (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Samantha Young

Title:On Dublin Street
Authors:Samantha Young
Info:NAL Trade (2012), Paperback, 336 pages

On Dublin Street by Samantha Young (2012)

Recently added byJohnna27, kara-karina, eduzzi, private library, Vonini, Bette_Hansen, medina1992, Ev18, Hope4thebroken

I liked it. I really enjoyed the banter between Braden and Jocelyn, yes I called her Jocelyn... They had such good chemistry together. I adored Ellie too! A good story although I felt it dragged on a little longer than necessary but worth the read! ( )
  GwendolynGrace | Jul 15, 2015 |
Me doy cuenta de que las escenas eróticas de este libro me importaron tres pitos . Lo que más me llamó la atención , más me gustó y enterneció fue la amistad de Jocelyn y Ellie . Es eso lo que diferencia esta novela del resto del género : el leer con una sonrisa y más tarde con cierta preocupación como se va formando de a poco una relación entre dos polos opuestos que , si bien en un principio parece una parte secundaria de la trama y descartable instantáneamente , termina siendo lo que más trabajo lleva y el final feliz que el lector más espera .

Son dos mujeres que en las páginas se transforman en seres casi tangibles y que le hacen acordar a una , al menos en mi caso asi se dio , de esa amiga tan querida que tuviste y tenés , enseguida relacionandote con la manera en que se van conociendo y adaptandose la una a la otra , peleas y reconciliaciones de por medio .

Es algo importante que reconocerle al libro , má allá del romance y demás .

LaMala | Jul 8, 2015 |
  Heelgirl77 | May 16, 2015 |
  Heelgirl77 | May 16, 2015 |
I really enjoyed this saucy romance! I love the very electric connection between the 2 main characters: Jocelyn (Joss) & Braden. It was very easy to see their perspective on things, even though it is told by Joss' point of view. The two of them are so stubborn, and strong-willed. They each embody a part of the fight-or-flight response theory. Joss will flee in the face of anything emotional or any thoughts on commitment. Braden will be very aggressive and fight for it. There were many times when I found myself siding with one or the other.

There was a LOT of miscommunication in this story, probably due to the insecurities, that this love tale was almost downright neurotic. Not just between Joss & Braden, but between Joss' friends Rhian & James, and Joss' flatmate (and Braden's sister)Ellie & Braden's friend Adam.

There is an overlying theme of the definition of family being more than just blood relatives, but deep friendships too. Also, there is an overlying theme of distrust. Mostly from Joss' tragic past, and some from Braden's past.

Final note: Joss refers to Braden as a "caveman" several times in the book, which proved to be true on several occasions. He got to be so territorial and barbaric that at some points it was almost offensive to read, rather than romantic. That's the only reason why I gave the book 4 stars, instead of the full 5. ( )
  JanJanFreeman | May 5, 2015 |
added by AoifeT | editDear Author, Jane (Sep 18, 2012)
I was bored.

Genre: Adult Contemporary Romance

Four years ago, Jocelyn Butler left her tragic past behind in the States and started over in Edinburgh. Burying the grief, ignoring her demons, and forging ahead without any real attachments has worked well for her so far but when Joss moves into a fantastic apartment on Dublin Street, her carefully guarded world is shaken to its core by her new roommate’s sexy older brother.

Braden Carmichael is a man who always gets what he wants. And what he wants is Jocelyn in his bed. Knowing how skittish Joss is concerning any kind of relationship, Braden proposes a sexual arrangement that should satisfy the intense attraction between them without it developing into anything ‘more’. An intrigued Jocelyn agrees, completely unprepared for the Scotsman and his single-minded determination to strip the stubborn young woman bare…to the very soul.

Jocelyn left her tragic past behind in the States and started over in Scotland, burying her grief, ignoring her demons, and forging ahead without attachments. When she moves into a new apartment on Dublin Street, she meets a man who shakes her carefully guarded world to its core. Braden Carmichael is used to getting what he wants, and he's determined to get Jocelyn into his bed. Knowing how skittish she is about entering a relationship, Braden proposes an arrangement that will satisfy their intense attraction without any strings attached. Jocelyn soon realizes that Braden won't be satisfied with just mind-blowing passion. The stubborn Scotsman is intent on truly knowing her, down to the very soul.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,951,249 books! | Top bar: Always visible