On Dublin Street by Samantha Young

On Dublin Street (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Samantha Young

Member:kendradann
Title:On Dublin Street
Authors:Samantha Young
Info:NAL Trade (2012), Paperback, 336 pages
Rating:*****

On Dublin Street by Samantha Young (2012)

English (89)  Czech (1)  All languages (90)
I love this book, I liked that he tried to help her and be there for her even though she pushed him away. I also liked the fact that the money side wasn't pushed - too many times I get bored of these wealthy men buying their women, not every woman would stand for that (personally I'd like the opportunity to try!).

This book will make your heart race and you laugh out loud! All I'll say is sausage, arse and wind! ( )
  VictoriaJ1707 | Jul 2, 2016 |
hmmm.... Braden! Definetly re-read worthy. I wouldn't say Christain or Gideon hot, but close. ( )
  TerriBowles | Jun 26, 2016 |
I'm not going to start this review off by saying this book is like Beautiful Disaster" or "Bared to You" or even glug "Fifty Shades" (I haven't read it but the written samples of that book are laughable compared to this one. I think Braden would bust a gut on that book).

On Dublin Street is just like..."On Dublin Street". It has some elements of "Disaster" (internal struggles mostly caused on the heroine's end) & "Bared" (heroine and hero have early life crap to deal with and get over) but Jocelyn is no Eva nor Abby. And Braden...he's delicious but still just Braden.

Now I know there's anti-Jocelyn lovers, but I'm not one of them. I can actually say I love Jocelyn a little more than Braden cause she's just more f-cked up. And I always root for the f-cked up crew. I think the author's portrayal of Jocelyn's panic attacks and mental issues during her formative years...spot on. She doesn't get an insta-fix just cause she met Braden and I felt the author was true to Jocelyn's character. Jocelyn didn't put Braden through the 'wringer' as some readers might have commented. She's 22, not 42, a young adult. And she's seeing a therapist...HELLO! She knows she has issues, identifies them and did not maliciously take them out on Braden.

But if readers still need her on a comparison scale, she's more than Abby but less than Eva. (I adored each of the aforementioned heroines, BTW)

Braden's not comparable to either Christian(*eye roll*) or Gideon (*eyebrow lift*) because...well...he's social. So I guess on the comparison scale, he's more of a Travis. Braden's a mostly genial, social, alpha, possessive hero. But his saving grace...he understands his woman! *gasp*

He knew her quirks, her faults, her dislikes. And he got she had issues and even when he reacted off of a choice she made under duress...he slept on it and called it for what it was and didn't make too much of a deal about it. Loved that.

And you know what else I love? The fart scene - I nearly died from laughing so hard This scene plus the rest of the dialogue made this story for me. The author wrote about real people, with real flaws. A pet peeve is reading ten page soliloquies from contemporary characters...no one talks like that. Well no one I know. Maybe a drama teacher, but anyway.

Read this book why? For a great story, great characters & great time reading this. ;) FOUR & A HALF STARS

" ( )
  SheReadsALot | Jun 20, 2016 |
ne moze ni primirisati 50 nijansi, pokusava da je kopira u svim segmentima ali to cini tako djetinjasto i nemastovito,previse plitko...samo laka razbibriga. ( )
  ceca78 | Apr 10, 2016 |
Earlier I have never red erotic novels, but I liked it. I think it much more better than the Fifty Shades of Grey.
The story is quite exciting and the author writing stile is nice. I laughed, I cried, my heart broke but at the end it was complete again. This is a really good book. ( )
  aoestherauthor | Mar 15, 2016 |
added by AoifeT | editDear Author, Jane (Sep 18, 2012)

I was bored.

Genre: Adult Contemporary Romance

Four years ago, Jocelyn Butler left her tragic past behind in the States and started over in Edinburgh. Burying the grief, ignoring her demons, and forging ahead without any real attachments has worked well for her so far but when Joss moves into a fantastic apartment on Dublin Street, her carefully guarded world is shaken to its core by her new roommate’s sexy older brother.

Braden Carmichael is a man who always gets what he wants. And what he wants is Jocelyn in his bed. Knowing how skittish Joss is concerning any kind of relationship, Braden proposes a sexual arrangement that should satisfy the intense attraction between them without it developing into anything ‘more’. An intrigued Jocelyn agrees, completely unprepared for the Scotsman and his single-minded determination to strip the stubborn young woman bare…to the very soul.

Jocelyn left her tragic past behind in the States and started over in Scotland, burying her grief, ignoring her demons, and forging ahead without attachments. When she moves into a new apartment on Dublin Street, she meets a man who shakes her carefully guarded world to its core. Braden Carmichael is used to getting what he wants, and he's determined to get Jocelyn into his bed. Knowing how skittish she is about entering a relationship, Braden proposes an arrangement that will satisfy their intense attraction without any strings attached. Jocelyn soon realizes that Braden won't be satisfied with just mind-blowing passion. The stubborn Scotsman is intent on truly knowing her, down to the very soul.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 107,590,414 books! | Top bar: Always visible