Craft-a-Day: 365 Simple Handmade Projects by…

Craft-a-Day: 365 Simple Handmade Projects

by Sarah Goldschadt

193537,190 (3.33)None

This is a cute book with a quick and easy craft for every day of the year. It's mostly felt and paper crafts, and the projects are mostly cards, plush toys, and decorations. They're fun to make and share. ( )
  amybo82 | Nov 3, 2013 |
Exactly what it says: 365 craft projects organized by 52 weekly themes. Most of the projects are just repeats of each other with different motifs: ornaments, felt plush, cards, garland, cupcake picks, bobby pins, and gift tags predominate. Everything is very simple and despite this book not being targeted to child crafters, most of the projects can be done (some with assistance) by children who are able to cut, trace, glue, sew, and follow simple instructions.
  bunnygirl | Mar 31, 2013 |
From Lilac Wolf and Stuff

I do love this book. It's full of cute and simple crafts that my boys and I adore and can't wait to get started on. I want to make all the felt ornaments for the Christmas tree, they want me to make all the felt stuffed animals for them. And CW wants me to do the paper sailboat cake for his birthday. Ivan chose diamonds.

Do you get what happened when that book arrived. They have both been through the whole thing at least twice. And they get mad when I sit down to look through it. She does a wonderful job breaking down each craft into steps, and they really are adorable. The first day, CW made the robot right out of the book, he traced her pattern on paper and finished it up with no help.

But I will say, the word unique is a stretch. Well they are set up in themes by week. So let's take the robot, there is a robot doll, a robot ornament, a robot magnet, a robot bookmark...you see my point. They are unique but it's not 365 different things. There are dolls, ornaments and some paper craft for every theme and each theme runs a week. Personally, I still love it but I also think it's misleading to make it sound like there are 365 totally unique projects.

So, should you get a copy? If you love crafts that are quick and cute, YES! And if you have kids, it's even better! ( )
  lilacwolf | Sep 28, 2012 |

"Make magnets, cupcake toppers, garlands, cards, wall art, finger puppets, and more!"--p. [4] of cover.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,241,942 books! | Top bar: Always visible