La vérité sur l'Affaire Harry Quebert by…

La vérité sur l'Affaire Harry Quebert (edition 2012)

by Joël Dicker

Collections:lecture 2012, Your library
Rating:*****
Tags:lu2012, polar, USA, XXe siècle

The Truth About the Harry Quebert Affair by Joel Dicker

English (27)  French (13)  Spanish (9)  Dutch (8)  Italian (5)  Catalan (4)  Finnish (2)  German (2)  Danish (1)  Norwegian (1)  All languages (72)
What I liked best about this book, is that the truth is different, every time Goldman and Gahalowood ask a new person for their story about Nola or Nola and Harry.
A book about truth, secrets, shame, lies, mistakes in the past and also about love in different forms.
I read this book with a lot of pleasure. The story in the story in the story is nice and that keeps it very interesting. I must admit however, that at the point where Luther is suddenly not the killer, for a brief period I wondered if I should put down the book, for yet another change in the story I really did not want. But then finally the structure of the book and the meaning of the changes (as I see them) fell into place. ( )
  BoekenTrol71 | Dec 9, 2014 |
Een draak van een boek, maar wel een onderhoudende. ( )
  marieke54 | Nov 17, 2014 |
Internationally renowned writer Harry Quebert is in trouble: the bones of 15-year-old Nola Kellergan have been found in his garden, where they lay for over 30 years. Nola, a preacher’s daughter, is fondly remembered by the small town where Harry lives, and questions are asked.

Marcus Goldman, an acclaimed young writer himself and Harry’s protégé, comes to the rescue. He hopes by solving Nola’s murder he will not only remove his writer’s block but help Harry: matters are not helped when Harry confesses he had an affair with Nola, who inspired his most famous work.

In typical Twin Peaks fashion, the town is full of secrets and Marcus discovers Nola was not the uncomplicated paragon he initially believed: someone will go to great lengths to prevent his finding the truth. This is a wonderful book, full of twists and red herrings, humour, intrigue and thrills – definitely one of my favourite reads of 2014 ( )
  adpaton | Nov 6, 2014 |
This is a book about a novelist writing a book about a cold case murder. Oh..and at times our dear narrator's version of the truth is not to be trusted. Sound complex...well it is but it's also captivating and exciting and thought provoking. I loved it! I think this will be the book to read this summer. ( )
  elizabeth.b.bevins | Nov 4, 2014 |
Bought this in L.A. airport to read during a flight to the U.K. - it went off to a flying start each chapter beginning with a short hint or tip on how & why to write a novel after that is usually a longer 'real' chapter and these in the beginning are quick fast paced reads but then, the more you get into the book the the longer and more dragged out it becomes - it's still quite a easy fast paced read but then as you near the three quarter stage of the book more stupid twists and turns appear and yes the thing could've been wrapped up an around about 3 or 400 pages but no I think Mr Dicker just couldn't make up his mind on who to blame and who should come out clean - all in all a reasonable read for a long flight but a slog of a read for a normal book ( )
  nikon | Aug 29, 2014 |
Als meus pares
To my parents
'Meldkamer politie, wat is uw nodgeval?'
La vie est une longue chute. Le plus important est de savoir tomber.

Un bon livre, Marcus, est un livre qu'on regrette d'avoir terminé.

Marcus Goldman, a successful young novelist, visits Somerset to see his mentor, Harry Quebert, one of the country's most respected writers, and to find a cure for his writer's block as his publisher's deadline looms. But Marcus's plans are violently upended when Harry is suddenly and sensationally implicated in the cold-case murder of Nola Kellergan.… (more)

3 wanted11 pay6 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,380,618 books! | Top bar: Always visible