La vérité sur l'Affaire Harry Quebert by…

La vérité sur l'Affaire Harry Quebert (edition 2012)

by Joël Dicker

Collections:lecture 2012, Your library
Rating:*****
Tags:lu2012, polar, USA, XXe siècle

The Truth About the Harry Quebert Affair by Joel Dicker

English (30)  French (14)  Spanish (9)  Dutch (7)  Italian (5)  Catalan (4)  German (2)  Finnish (2)  Danish (1)  Norwegian (1)  All languages (75)
I have been at this for more than a week now and I have decided to abandon it. I don't know if it is because it is a translation but I feel that the writing is pedestrian. At 600 plus pages it is rather voluminous for a crime thriller, and even though I have made a fair effort to give this a chance, having read 20 percent, it has failed to grip my attention in any way. It would be foolish of me to persist with this when there is so much else available to read. ( )
  maximnoronha | Apr 18, 2015 |
Billed as a thriller, I felt it to be more a satirical look at modern day life and its distractions and delusions. It was perhaps over long but I enjoyed all of it particularly the twisty ending.. ( )
  susannelson | Jan 10, 2015 |
I am embarrassed on behalf of everyone who recommended this to me. ( )
  jen.e.moore | Dec 27, 2014 |
What I liked best about this book, is that the truth is different, every time Goldman and Gahalowood ask a new person for their story about Nola or Nola and Harry.
A book about truth, secrets, shame, lies, mistakes in the past and also about love in different forms.
I read this book with a lot of pleasure. The story in the story in the story is nice and that keeps it very interesting. I must admit however, that at the point where Luther is suddenly not the killer, for a brief period I wondered if I should put down the book, for yet another change in the story I really did not want. But then finally the structure of the book and the meaning of the changes (as I see them) fell into place. ( )
  BoekenTrol71 | Dec 9, 2014 |
Een draak van een boek, maar wel een onderhoudende. ( )
  marieke54 | Nov 17, 2014 |
Als meus pares
To my parents
"Polizeizentrale! Sie möchten einen Notfall melden?"
La vie est une longue chute. Le plus important est de savoir tomber.

Un bon livre, Marcus, est un livre qu'on regrette d'avoir terminé.

Marcus Goldman, a successful young novelist, visits Somerset to see his mentor, Harry Quebert, one of the country's most respected writers, and to find a cure for his writer's block as his publisher's deadline looms. But Marcus's plans are violently upended when Harry is suddenly and sensationally implicated in the cold-case murder of Nola Kellergan.… (more)

3 wanted13 pay6 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,283,963 books! | Top bar: Always visible