TRASH (v. 1) by Sanami Matoh

TRASH (v. 1) (edition 2006)

by Sanami Matoh

Member:Jenson_AKA_DL
Title:TRASH (v. 1)
Authors:Sanami Matoh
Info:TokyoPop (2006), Edition: 1, Paperback, 208 pages
Tags:manga, action, crime, humor, split personalities, owned

Trash by Sanami Matoh

Matoh's signature artwork and quirky, off-beat humor makes this a pleasing manga to read, with the drawback being that it doesn't appear that she will be pursuing these characters further. In this story we follow Will Anderson as he has his hotdog inexplicably eaten by a complete stranger with a penguin (yes, a penguin) while waiting in Central Park for his cousin. To re-pay Will for the hotdog the mysterious man hands him a card for "Trash", a small jobs business, and promises him one job for free. This comes in handy when his precocious cousin is kidnapped by a rouge employee of her mafia boss father.

I thought that there were a few really standout characters here I would love to see more of. I really liked Will/Crosse and would have loved to find out more behind his split personality. Both Guy and Mel were interesting too. I'm not entirely sure what to think of the penguin. He's just such an odd character to stick in there.

As with many of Matoh's stories, this one takes place in NYC which I find to be a draw as well. I would love to see her go all out and combine all the characters together LOL! Although only very slightly slashy (thanks to an inopportunely eaten cream puff and the teeniest bit of UST) I can see where this would appeal to fans of her "Fake" series.

Although I don't have much faith in it happening, I will hold out hope that we may someday see a second volume to this story. ( )
  Jenson_AKA_DL | Feb 24, 2010 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 159816516X, Paperback)

Will Anderson is the nephew of a modern-day Al Capone. But when he runs into a man and his pet penguin in Central Park, Will's life turns complicated! He is swept up into the "business" of the Trash Company, an odd-jobs outfit whose main work involves stolen jewels and a whole lotta trouble!From the creator of FAKE comes a hilarious action-packed comedy filled with gangsters, guns and cute guys!

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:30:36 -0400)

When Will Anderson, nephew of a modern-day Al Capone, runs into a man and his pet penguin in Central Park, Will's life turns complicated as he is swept into the "business" of the Trash Company.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,663,339 books! | Top bar: Always visible