John's Secret Dreams: The John Lennon…

John's Secret Dreams: The John Lennon Story

by Doreen Rappaport

Summary: This book introduce the live of John Lennon, a member of Beatles. He left his parents when he was only five and began to dream as a musician. Though his ante told him he would never be successful, finally he succeeded and became one of the members of the world-famous band. He wanted a peace live and a peace world, but he finally was murdered at his forty.
Genre: biography. This book tells reader the whole live of John Lennon with lyrics of his songs and his quotes. There is not thing made up by the author.
Use: 1. This book mainly talked about the different dreams of John. Ask students whether they also have dreams? Share their dreams within a group, and think about what things they need to do in order to make the dream come true.
2. Students divided in to several group to draw a time line of John's live including summaries of big events. Compare their time line, and analyze the advantages of each group.
Media: Collage and water color ( )
  Aliceyeol | Apr 11, 2016 |
I really loved this portrayal of the John Lennon story. It was not sugarcoated for children, but realistically told and beautifully illustrated for young and old adults.
  kali.joy | Nov 2, 2015 |
Awesome. Short and to the point. I learned things about John that I have never known. It also shows the fact that he wanted peace. ( )
  zcurlach | Sep 5, 2015 |
As a huge fan of John Lennon, I loved this book. It was a biography of Johns life told through words and his lyrics. I recommend this to anyone who loves John Lennon and grades 3 and up! ( )
  aloupe | Apr 21, 2014 |
I've become familiar with the Beatles only about 4 years ago. I had heard their music, known that they are legends, and have many friends and family members that are absolutely crazy about them. Once I finally started listening to their music, I was pretty much just doing it to get people off my back for not knowing that "Don't Let Me Down" and "With A Little Help From My Friends" are very popular Beatles songs. So I decided to give them a try. Their songs are fun, sad, and absolutely legendary, but I couldn't see myself listening to them all the time. John's Secret Dreams: The John Lennon Story is written with using Lennon's Biographical information as well as lyrics from his songs. The biographical information gives so much more depth to the lyrics and for the first time, I began listening to the Beatles for myself and I finally Get It. You can feel the lives of John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, and Ringo Starr in the music if you just do their music a favor and learn about their lives. The illustrations are done by Bryan Collier who, prior to being asked to illustrate this book, had been very unfamiliar with the music of the Beatles. He listened to Lennon's music and watched and read interviews and the result has a very "Beatles-y" feel to it. This book would not necessarily be the first I would choose to share with a classroom, but if a student were researching John Lennon or the Beatles, I would absolutely suggest it. ( )
  jpmorales92 | Nov 1, 2012 |

John Lennon's influence on music and culture is legendary. From a young age he dreamed of fame and fortune. When he achieved it as one of the Beatles, he recognized the need for a deeper meaning in life. His inner search for happiness shaped his life and brought new dimension to the world of rock 'n' roll.

As a follow-up to their award-winning title, Martin's Big Words, Doreen Rappaport and Bryan Collier present John Lennon's life through a combination of narrative and song lyrics, cut-paper collage and watercolor art-capturing the energy and the essence of a man whose vision and creative genius continue to inspire people today.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:15 -0400)

Introduces the life of John Lennon who, as a member of the Beatles and as a solo artist, sought to make the world a better and more peaceful place than the one in which he was raised.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,338,692 books! | Top bar: Always visible