Curiosity Killed The Kat by Elizabeth Nelson

Curiosity Killed The Kat (edition 2012)

by Elizabeth Nelson

193537,190 (4)None
Member:RebeccaGraf
Title:Curiosity Killed The Kat
Authors:Elizabeth Nelson
Info:CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (2012), Paperback, 120 pages
Rating:*****

Curiosity Killed The Kat: Book 1 (A Katherine Flynn Novel) by Elizabeth Nelson

I finished the, well I was going to say book, but that is misleading, it was not a book, more like a preview, it was fairly short and wasn't finished when it ended,apparently there are more "books" you can buy to find out what happened. This is a huge pet peeve of mine, when they are in the middle of a storyline just end it so the poor fool reader has to shell out more money to find out what happens. If your book is good I will pay 7.99, if it is bad I am not going to keep paying 2.99 like a parking meter so you can dole out my book alotment. Grrrrr.

The story was interesting, although the heroine was a little irritating. It almost was not belieivable that she started questioning her husband based on what a stepford wife she has been. Also as an FYI - lot's of graphic scenes in the sex area that are on the bdsm side of things.

I think this would have been a really good story had it been complete; however, it was just about 8 chapters or so and left me hanging. The heroine is pretty dumb. Made dumber because she has chosen to be dumb vs actually being dumb. She takes naive to a new level and is very hard to identify with. If you like butt kickin heroines, you will want to pass. I am done with the series. I did not care enough to invest in future books.
  LCOP | Mar 5, 2013 |
How do you know an author got it right? When you can't put it down and you want more. That is what Elizabeth Nelson gave me in Curiosity Killed the Kat.

This is the story of Katherine who found her Prince Charming. To the reader and Kat's mother, he is a control freak with rough sexual desires. To Kat, he is all she ever wanted until one night at dinner with his boss and the man's date. Katherine's eyes are opened then and all she can feel is horror and shock. Then her husband does the one thing that will change his own life forever: he tries to kill his wife. Revenge is now on the table.

What did I like about this book? It was relatively short. That was only because I needed to lose myself in a story that wouldn't last long. Chaotic life with kids and such will do that to you. But what did I love the most? The fact that I couldn't just stop at a chapter ending. I had to move on, and the ending had me quickly putting the next book on my wish list. I have to follow this now.

Ms. Nelson is an excellent writer. She could have added so many things to lengthen it, but that would have taken away from the story. It was fast paced and kept the reader glued to the pages. Her ability to connect the reader to the character is amazing, too. From the beginning, I knew what Katherine's husband was though not exactly what he was doing beyond his relationship with her. I wanted to scream and yell at her to run, but I could also see how it meant so much to her. Her dreams were coming true. I wanted her to be happy yet safe. It was quite a dilemma and this is just a fictional character.

I do need to warn you that there are a few explicit scenes between Katherine and her husband. These are not needless sex scenes to sell the book. Trust me. They are there to show you the true picture of their relationship and the horror waiting on her. I have to also applaud Ms. Nelson in that. She didn't just write an explicit scene. She used that scene to reveal so much more of the characters that you really cannot skip them in this book. They are that crucial.

Looking for a short read that is intense, involving, and more than does the job of entertaining you? This book of revenge is the one for you. Check it out and put the rest of the Katherine Flynn series on your to read list.

Note: This book was provided as part of a book tour with no expectation of a positive review. ( )
  RebeccaGraf | Nov 12, 2012 |
When you’re 19 and meet the man you are going to marry, you think you’re set for life. That was Katherine’s plan. She had Steven to cook for, clean for and to obey. That’s right. Kat was very careful to do anything she could to make Steven happy. Anything. It took the death of a young woman to make her sit back and reevaluate her existence.
What she saw did not make her happy and suddenly, she knew why her mother had never liked her choice of husband, Steven was an abuser, a dominant personality and, overall, he was an asshole.
This small book really caught me up and I was hoping Kat did the right things because the chances of her not being around to tell the tale were pretty good if she didn’t. Human trafficking, spousal abuse, sex slaves -it has it all and in plain black and white for us to judge. Does Kat survive? You’ll have to read it to know and I hope you do because it has such great potential. ( )
  macygma | Oct 22, 2012 |

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,151,974 books! | Top bar: Always visible