Letters from the Inside by John Marsden

Letters from the Inside (1991)

by John Marsden

READ IN DUTCH

I bought Letters from the inside in Amsterdam, just before my train departed. I've spent the time in the train to read this little book. And I enjoyed reading it. It has been some time since I read this story, but I haven't forgotten it yet. I liked the story and Marsden's writing style. I'm interested in the other books by Marsden. Last week I went to the library and took the first four novels from the Tomorrow-series. ( )
  Floratina | Sep 21, 2014 |
A book that starts as a simple exchange of letters between two teenage girls and how they're coping with their lives, yet something seems odd, and suddenly everything is not as simple or as "usual" as it may have seemed at the beginning. A good plot that is not exactly what one first would expect, but still quite good.
  littlesparrow | Apr 2, 2013 |
Absolutely fascinating on so many levels. A nice introduction to ironic concepts for younger readers. A complete and compelling page turner. Warning: may leave a scar on your psyche! ( )
  astrolabe.11 | Oct 2, 2012 |
Not sure what to say. It was a pretty good novel all the way through, but it did get a little boring at times. The hardest thing about reading it was understanding the Australian slang. If you get past that and stick with it, it ends up being quite a depressing book. Good, but depressing. ( )
  4sarad | Nov 12, 2008 |
Two teenagers develop a pen-pal friendship. Each girl believes the other has a “perfect” life until secrets start unraveling. This is a very powerfully written book, touching upon relevant themes for young adults: family life, friendships, acceptance, fears, threats, abuse and consequences. This is a great “hi-lo” book whose simple narrative is presented in short sentences written in a letter format. Teens might be initially put off by the plot because they don’t see the parallels between letter writing and today’s emailing/text messaging. Including Hi-Lo materials in libraries allows Teacher Librarians to help promote reading to reluctant readers. ( )
  jhagiya | Mar 31, 2008 |
Dear Tracey,
I don't know why I'm answering your ad, to be honest.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0440219515, Paperback)

Mandy and Tracey have never met, but they know everything about each other. Connected through a pen-pal ad, they exchange frequent letters, writing about boyfriends and siblings, music and friends. They trade stories about school and home. They confide their worries and hopes. It almost makes it easier, and more special, that they’ve never met—they can say whatever they want in the safety of their private world of letters.
But that private world may not be as safe as it seems. Can Mandy trust Tracey to be who she says she is? What secrets hide between the lines of their letters?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:33:25 -0400)

The relationship between two teenage girls who become acquainted through letters intensifies as their correspondence reveals some of the terrible problems of their lives.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,466,092 books! | Top bar: Always visible