The Judas Coin by Walter Simonson

The Judas Coin

by Walter Simonson

394441,428 (3)1

Not as satisfying as I'd hoped, to be honest. While it was a fun read, it wasn't up to the caliber I'd expected from Walt Simonson.

Then again, each part/piece was so different that it was hard to consider this a serial story beyond the conceit of one of the coins of Judas falling through the hands of Bat Lash, the Viking Prince, Two-Face, etc. ( )
  SESchend | Sep 6, 2017 |
A neat conceit executed well. ( )
  bensdad00 | Jan 10, 2017 |
Not bad. Some parts were great. I could read Simonson on Bat Lash forever. ( )
  Hassanchop | Jul 4, 2016 |
That was definitely different. The story basically follows the journey of one of the coins that Judas was paid with to betray Jesus. It starts in late Roman times, then a Viking gets his hands on it, then a pirate, a gambler in the Wild West.

Then we get to the more present, when Two Face goes after it. The Two Face story was my favorite for a few reasons. it was in black and white and the comic book had to be read on its side too. But, again, I was impressed that the write chose to make Two Face a complicated character instead of a simply evil character cutout.

Finally there was the Manhunter 2070 in the future story which I sorta found confusing.

All along I liked how in each story the coin was used slightly differently. On the other hand I really didn't like most of the art in the TPB, other than the black and white Two Face story. It was a little to either straw man looking or cartoony. Still, an interesting TPB. ( )
  DanieXJ | Mar 30, 2015 |

"This centuries-spanning original graphic novel from legendary writer/artist Walter Simonson cleverly ties the Biblical story of Judas to the DC Universe. Simonson shows how one of the silver coins Judas was paid to betray Jesus has had an impact on the DC Universe, with chapters starring The Golden Gladiator (70 A.D.), The Viking Prince (900 A.D.), Captain Fear (1740) and Bat Lash (1880). The centerpiece of the book is an epic battle between Batman and Two-Face. The story blasts into the future as well, with a final chapter set in the year 2070." --Amazon.com.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,035,858 books! | Top bar: Always visible