Deck Z: The Titanic: Unsinkable. Undead by…

Deck Z: The Titanic: Unsinkable. Undead

by Chris Pauls

All Dr. Weiss wants to do is find a cure for the plagues. Unfortunately, the German government has other plans for his research so does their top spy. Therefore, he needs to go in hiding to continue his research. What could go wrong?

An action packed, multi-level narrative leads characters and readers through turmoils and developments.

Characters are flawed, often naively focused, interesting, and caring.

Overall, an intense read. ( )
  catya77 | Jul 31, 2014 |
Zombies and the Titanic? Hells Yeah! Deck Z:The Titanic was an action packed zombie adventure. The authors did a good job of presenting an alternate history that meshed the sinking of the mega ocean liner with a viral outbreak. This is an example of an interesting premise that was well executed. I would highly recommend this book to fans of the zombie genre or alternate history buffs. ( )
  68papyrus | Jun 3, 2013 |
Despite not being a fan of zombie stories or knowing much about the history of the Titanic, I enjoyed Chris Pauls and Matt Solomon’s Deck Z immensely. I had prepared myself for a silly backstory as to why zombies were on that fateful voyage to begin with, but the authors carefully crafted a plausible scenario and sympathetic characters. In true thriller style, the plot was relentless, chugging full steam ahead just like the doomed ship. I appreciated the small details, like structuring the novel into three stages just like the stages of the zombifying disease. Captain Smith was a proper hero, just as I imagined he would have conducted himself in such a bleak scenario, and though liberties might have been taken with certain historical figures and moments, they were done so respectfully. My only complaint is that the length did not allow for much exploration of the characters outside of pitched zombie battles. I’ll stop now to avoid any spoilers and urge you to pick up a copy for a quick, satisfying read. ( )
  cygnoir | Mar 29, 2013 |
To our wives Heather and Katy for encouraging us to go write. And to Sarah Malarkey for trusting us to do this.
Prologue - Titanic debris field. Atlantic ocean. Saturday, February 18th, 2012. 12:12p.m. - "Over there." A man in a stylish red jacked pointed to the right side of the convex window in the MIR deep-sea submersible as it hovered over the ocean floor, two and a half miles below the surface.
Chapter One - The epidemic was largely over by spring thanks to strict quarantine measure, but the outbreak had killed nearly fifty thousand people.

In 1912, Theodor Weiss, a German scientist, steals the only vial of a disease that transform its victims into soulless, flesh-hungry monsters from the German military before they could use it as a weapon, and takes passage on the Titanic traveling to America, but during the voyage something goes terribly wrong.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 145210803X, Paperback)

Imagine being trapped aboard the doomed Titanic on an icy Atlantic. . . with the walking dead. This fast-paced thriller reimagines the historical events of the fateful Titanic voyage through the lens of zombie mayhem. Captain Edward Smith and his inner circle desperately try to contain a weaponized zombie virus smuggled on board with the 2,200 passengers sailing to New York. Faced with an exploding population of lumbering, flesh-hungry undead, Smith's team is forced into bloody hand-to-hand combat down the narrow halls of the huge steamer. In its few short days at sea, the majestic Titanic turns into a Victorian bloodbath, steaming at top speed toward a cold, blue iceberg. A creepy, tense page-turner, Deck Z will thrill zombie fans and Titanic buffs alike.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:59:53 -0400)

"The year is 1912. Theodore Weiss, a German scientist, has discovered a strange new plague that ravages its victims, transforming them into soulless, flesh-hungry monsters"--P. [4] of cover.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,406,394 books! | Top bar: Always visible