The Four Day Meditation Solution - Use the…

by Jennifer Brooks

Member:MarniGreatrex
Title:The Four Day Meditation Solution - Use the Power of Meditation to Transform Your Life from Ordinary to Extraordinary ... In Just Four Days
Authors:Jennifer Brooks
Info:
Collections:Member give away, Your library
Rating:**1/2

The Four Day Meditation Solution - Use the Power of Meditation to Transform Your Life from Ordinary to Extraordinary ... In Just Four Days by Jennifer Brooks

This was a good intro to meditation and being mindful. This is a good book for someone just beginning meditation. ( )
  gpeddy | Jun 4, 2013 |
I’ll be honest. I requested a copy of this review edition with a skeptical frame of mind. I like the idea of meditation, especially since my bipolar mind usually jumps from thought to thought without taking a break, but my past attempts have all failed. Again, the bipolar mind has enough trouble controlling two thoughts, let alone clearing the mind completely.
The book does instruct readers on the traditional “clear your mind” meditation, but then goes a step forward and introduces us to Conceptual Meditation. Conceptual meditation encourages you the participant to center yourself, identify two events in your life that you feel good about, and then reflect on these events and how (if) they affected who you are today.
Another helpful chapter is “Help! How can I keep my ‘meditation high’ throughout the day?” The author offers many tips on how to keep this meditative attitude when the rest of the day gets crazy. Alternatively, the author then includes a chapter with all the major roadblocks people come up with (drowsiness, lack of time, boredom, and procrastination, among others) and rebuts those excuses, helping the reader find ways to overcome their roadblocks.
Overall, I think this is a great book. Even if you’re not interested in practicing meditation fully, there are plenty of tips and nuggets of wisdom that you can take and adapt to cope with the fast-paced and demanding life you probably live. ( )
  jurai2 | Mar 24, 2013 |
I found this book to be very easy to read and understandable. For anyone who really wants to get meditation in their life I think this is a great starter book for them. I have found that I have used a few of the different concepts. ( )
  pluto6490 | Jan 28, 2013 |
Appears to be written for fast sales. Would not recommend. ( )
  esm07 | Jan 27, 2013 |
This is a good introduction to mindfulness and meditation which introduces you to the concepts step by step in a very simple way. It is written very clearly and concisely offering powerful tools to developing mindfulness and meditative techniques.

The author may well have over-simplified the language and content but that does make it more accessible for those who have not come into contact with meditation before. Those who have would do well to skip this book.

I would also agree with other reviewers that the chance of mastering the suggestions in this book in four days is laughably low. ( )
  mumfie | Jan 9, 2013 |

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,780,338 books! | Top bar: Always visible