Dark Summer (Book I, Witchling Trilogy) by…

Dark Summer (Book I, Witchling Trilogy) (edition 2012)

by Lizzy Ford, Christine LePorte (Editor), Dafeenah Jameel (Cover Design)

Title:Dark Summer (Book I, Witchling Trilogy)
Authors:Lizzy Ford
Other authors:Christine LePorte (Editor), Dafeenah Jameel (Cover Design)
Info:Guerrilla Wordfare (2012), Paperback, 250 pages

Dark Summer (The Witchling, #1) by Lizzy Ford

The secrets in Dark Summer are intriguing, well crafted & revealed at just the right pace to keep you reading. I enjoyed every minute I spent in the world that Lizzy Ford has created here & would have been disappointed when I reached the final page, if I hadn’t known that there was more to the series.

Summer is a great character. Her insecurities due to being an orphan & having a ‘gift’ that causes her more trouble than it appears to be worth, are totally understandable. I connected with her quickly & found myself more than once, wishing I could impart a little of my life experience to her, when she was faced with two options & appeared to be leaning towards the wrong one.

One thing I found help make the story more believable is the fact that the author did not fall back on the cliché that everyone whose magic is light, must be good & everyone whose magic is dark, must be bad. Just like in real life, there are shades of grey in the world that Ms. Ford creates in this series. Dark Summer should be required reading for teen girls. ( )
  Kathryn_Anne_Merkel | Jan 8, 2013 |
Interesting mix between suspense, paranormal, and romance. I liked all the characters. ( )
  leseratte4 | Jun 14, 2009 |

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,874,033 books! | Top bar: Always visible