To Have and To Code (A Witch Central…

To Have and To Code (A Witch Central Romance) (edition 2012)

by Debora Geary

Member:bagejew
Title:To Have and To Code (A Witch Central Romance)
Authors:Debora Geary
Info:Fireweed Publishing (2012), Paperback, 364 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:Romance, Witch, Geary

To Have and To Code (A Witch Central Romance) by Debora Geary

Really a 4.25 in my eyes.

Loved the story. See my full review:

http://puretextuality.com/2012/09/21/review-by-dolly-to-have-and-to-code-a-witch... ( )
  Fidget78 | Jan 5, 2014 |
This is the third Debora Geary book I have read/had read to me in the last four days. Sweet, sweet books in which to immerse yourself on a long reading weekend.

I listened to A Modern Witch and A Hidden Witch and then borrowed this book through Prime Lending.

This book, though published after A Modern Witch and A Hidden Witch, is a prequel, the story of Nell and Daniel and how they got together. Nell and Daniel's family is the centerpiece of the Witch Central books.

A very sweet, PG-rated story. No sex at all, just a couple of instances of graphic language.

A recurring component in the Witch Central stories is an on-line game called the Enchanter's Realm. Witches and nonwitches alike can play the game, but it takes witchcraft to get to the top level of the Realm, and Daniel found his way there but he is not a witch. This led to some minor misunderstandings, but all in all this is a straightforward love story.

There is no big MIS, no long feuds, not to'ing and fro'ing between wooers. There is some conflict arising from neither party having the full facts, but all in all it is just a love story accompolished in 11 days.

I enjoy Ms. Geary's community setups for her books. The characters have friends, good friends; the characters have families and jobs and lives that are complete before there is "true love." Nice communities, nice characters, nice books.

There were a few misspellings, but generally speaking this was a well written, well edited book. ( )
  paideiamom | Sep 22, 2013 |
For some reason, I didn't read this when Debora first released this book. I think I thought it was a short story and wasn't very interested. Whoops.

I loved this. It was so great to have Nell take center stage and shine. She's a great character and it was so cool to see her before she became Aervyn's mom and more of a supporting character to other people's stories.

I loved Daniel. Love love love. He isn't really in much of the main series (and doesn't make an appearance until book 4) so it was fantastic to meet him and really get to know him.

I actually think I like this book better than the ones in the main series. Hopefully Debora will provide more glimpses into life at Witch Central pre-Modern Witch. ( )
  wisemetis | Aug 3, 2013 |
This is my favorite Witch Central book so far. I loved reading about how Nell and Daniel found each other. Geary's writing continues to make me laugh and tear up within seconds of each other. There is something to it that distantly reminds me of Hemingway. I love this series and the wit interwoven into it. ( )
  Cathyvil | Apr 7, 2013 |

EllenAvondale | Mar 31, 2013 |

Debora Geary is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

2 wanted1 pay1 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,693,391 books! | Top bar: Always visible