I Could Pee on This: And Other Poems by Cats…

I Could Pee on This: And Other Poems by Cats (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Francesco Marciuliano

Member:Tmyers526
Title:I Could Pee on This: And Other Poems by Cats
Authors:Francesco Marciuliano
Info:Chronicle Books (2012), Hardcover, 112 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Tags:non-fiction, humor, cats, poetry, 2013

I Could Pee on This : and Other Poems by Cats by Francesco Marciuliano (2012)

The poems are great. Everybody who has cats can enjoy this book, not only if you have them, but if you know them you can enjoy the poems and can find the charm of the cats in this book. Highly recommended. Too bad that is so short, but the pictures are also amazing. ( )
  CaroPi | May 6, 2014 |
I Could Pee on This by Francesco Marciuliano is the first in a set of short poetry books from the perspective of our pets. The others are I Could Chew on This (a book of dog poetry), and I Knead My Mommy.

The book features beautiful photographs of cats and kittens and poems that explore our on-and-off relationship with felines. These poems are written to take the perspective of the cats and so feature thoughts on territory, food, hunting, and a general bafflement at humanity's often less than enthusiastic response to normal behavior.

As the book is short in stature and page count, it can be read in a single sitting, or leisurely over a couple of nights of reading before bed. The vocabulary is simple enough and the humor silly enough to appeal to beginning readers as well.

Although I bought the book when it was first released, it took me nearly two years to get a chance to read it. My daughter, then a beginning reader, snatched up the book on the car ride home and kept it under her pillow for bedtime reading for eighteen months! ( )
  pussreboots | Apr 8, 2014 |
I typically do not do poetry.....however, having received this as a gift and being a serious cat lover, i broke my own rule and actually plowed through this during breakfast!! Silly, clever, insightful and totally understandable to a non-poetry guy such as myself. There were at least 5 laugh-out-loud moments...and the accompanying photos made much of it even better. I am even adding a new tag for use in my LT library, but it may likely be the only one that ever shows up. Thank you Norman! ( )
  jeffome | Mar 24, 2014 |
Very entertaining, and so true! ( )
  librisissimo | Mar 18, 2014 |
These poems were short and mostly funny and paired with adorable pictures. They made me laugh. ( )
  SparklePonies | Mar 10, 2014 |
Sometimes when I lie on your warm chest - And hear your every happy sigh - I gaze into your two kind eyes - And wonder, "Who is that?". Cat Epigram
I Could Pee On This

A book of poems
From a feline's perspective.
Funny critters....cats. (melissarochelle)

Poems penned by cats reveal their every desire, their every conflict, and their every moment of neurotic genius.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,655,555 books! | Top bar: Always visible