I Could Pee on This: And Other Poems by Cats…

I Could Pee on This: And Other Poems by Cats (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Francesco Marciuliano

3203334,897 (3.61)38
Title:I Could Pee on This: And Other Poems by Cats
Authors:Francesco Marciuliano
Info:Chronicle Books (2012), Hardcover, 112 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Tags:non-fiction, humor, cats, poetry, 2013

I Could Pee on This : and Other Poems by Cats by Francesco Marciuliano (2012)

I could chew on this : and other poems by Dogs by Francesco Marciuliano (saraslibrary)
    saraslibrary: Written by the same author, but from a different pet's perspective.

Fun read. Cats rule. ( )
  tkatt00 | Sep 11, 2015 |
A delightful little book that was sent to my store cats, Shakespeare and Rembrandt! They enjoyed it of course! They also thank the author for kindly thinking of them! ( )
  Neverwithoutabook | Mar 11, 2015 |
Cute. Not quite as sassy or snarky as I would have expected. (These were supposed to have been written by cats after all.) And I didn't see much, if any, of their, erm, how can I put this nicely...psychopathic tendencies? Believe me, there is most certainly a dark side, complete with an all-in-black cloaked mouth-breather. Like when the titular "could" becomes a most definitely DID - right on my favorite [insert item name here]. But I love my own clowder no matter what, which is, of course, all according to their plan.

3 stars ( )
  flying_monkeys | Jan 14, 2015 |
The poems are great. Everybody who has cats can enjoy this book, not only if you have them, but if you know them you can enjoy the poems and can find the charm of the cats in this book. Highly recommended. Too bad that is so short, but the pictures are also amazing. ( )
  CaroPi | May 6, 2014 |
I Could Pee on This by Francesco Marciuliano is the first in a set of short poetry books from the perspective of our pets. The others are I Could Chew on This (a book of dog poetry), and I Knead My Mommy.

The book features beautiful photographs of cats and kittens and poems that explore our on-and-off relationship with felines. These poems are written to take the perspective of the cats and so feature thoughts on territory, food, hunting, and a general bafflement at humanity's often less than enthusiastic response to normal behavior.

As the book is short in stature and page count, it can be read in a single sitting, or leisurely over a couple of nights of reading before bed. The vocabulary is simple enough and the humor silly enough to appeal to beginning readers as well.

Although I bought the book when it was first released, it took me nearly two years to get a chance to read it. My daughter, then a beginning reader, snatched up the book on the car ride home and kept it under her pillow for bedtime reading for eighteen months! ( )
1 vote pussreboots | Apr 8, 2014 |
Sometimes when I lie on your warm chest - And hear your every happy sigh - I gaze into your two kind eyes - And wonder, "Who is that?". Cat Epigram
Dedicated in loving memory to Boris and Natasha, two unforgettable cats who I had the great fortune to call family
I Could Pee On This

A book of poems
From a feline's perspective.
Funny critters....cats. (melissarochelle)

Poems penned by cats reveal their every desire, their every conflict, and their every moment of neurotic genius.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,670,488 books! | Top bar: Always visible