I Could Pee on This: And Other Poems by Cats…

I Could Pee on This: And Other Poems by Cats (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Francesco Marciuliano

Title:I Could Pee on This: And Other Poems by Cats
Authors:Francesco Marciuliano
Info:Chronicle Books (2012), Hardcover, 112 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Tags:non-fiction, humor, cats, poetry, 2013

I Could Pee on This : and Other Poems by Cats by Francesco Marciuliano (2012)

Recently added byAR_bookbird, BookKnight, private library, carterr241, sallylou61, LapsusCalami, dhani87, INorris
    I could chew on this : and other poems by Dogs by Francesco Marciuliano (saraslibrary)
    saraslibrary: Written by the same author, but from a different pet's perspective.

This book is, as the title indicates, a book of poetry written from the perspective of our feline pets. These short poems are grouped into four broad topics - family, work, play, and existence - although there is arguably overlap and fudging in the classifications. Most of the poems are illustrated with photographs of cats up to mischief or being cute (or both). Some of the poems are just so-so, but others are laugh-out-loud funny, such as "Busy, Busy":

It's 8A.M. and time to rest
It's 10A.M. and time to relax
It's noon and time for repose
It's 3P.M. and time for shut-eye
It's 6P.M. and time for siesta
It's 9P.M. and time to slumber
It's midnight and time to snooze
It's 4A.M. and time to hang upside down from your bedroom ceiling, screaming

This book is sure to be a treat for cat lovers, who can laughingly commiserate with the poems it contains and endearingly "aww" at the photographs. ( )
  sweetiegherkin | Oct 18, 2015 |
Fun read. Cats rule. ( )
  tkatt00 | Sep 11, 2015 |
A delightful little book that was sent to my store cats, Shakespeare and Rembrandt! They enjoyed it of course! They also thank the author for kindly thinking of them! ( )
  Neverwithoutabook | Mar 11, 2015 |
Cute. Not quite as sassy or snarky as I would have expected. (These were supposed to have been written by cats after all.) And I didn't see much, if any, of their, erm, how can I put this nicely...psychopathic tendencies? Believe me, there is most certainly a dark side, complete with an all-in-black cloaked mouth-breather. Like when the titular "could" becomes a most definitely DID - right on my favorite [insert item name here]. But I love my own clowder no matter what, which is, of course, all according to their plan.

3 stars ( )
  flying_monkeys | Jan 14, 2015 |
The poems are great. Everybody who has cats can enjoy this book, not only if you have them, but if you know them you can enjoy the poems and can find the charm of the cats in this book. Highly recommended. Too bad that is so short, but the pictures are also amazing. ( )
  CaroPi | May 6, 2014 |
Sometimes when I lie on your warm chest - And hear your every happy sigh - I gaze into your two kind eyes - And wonder, "Who is that?". Cat Epigram
Dedicated in loving memory to Boris and Natasha, two unforgettable cats who I had the great fortune to call family
I Could Pee On This

A book of poems
From a feline's perspective.
Funny critters....cats. (melissarochelle)

Poems penned by cats reveal their every desire, their every conflict, and their every moment of neurotic genius.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,870,266 books! | Top bar: Always visible