Meant for Her: The Love and Danger Series,…

Meant for Her: The Love and Danger Series, Book One (edition 2012)

by Amy Gamet

Member:ritagad
Title:Meant for Her: The Love and Danger Series, Book One
Authors:Amy Gamet
Info:Amy Gamet (2012), Paperback, 154 pages
Rating:**

Meant for Her: The Love and Danger Series, Book One by Amy Gamet

Recently added byprivate library, aczkh, Pet12, amberkaye81, Debra_Burge, C4RO, purple323, LasVegasNan, askum

Action Romance. Julie Truebloods traitor spy father leaves her a coded message. Navy investigator Hank unravels the story. OK-
  C4RO | Jun 1, 2015 |
I really enjoyed reading this book and want to read more books by Amy. I loved the fact that this book kept me on the edge of my seat every time I picked it up and started reading, not many can do this. If you love romance than give this book a chance and read it. ( )
  askum | Feb 25, 2015 |
A navy officer and the girl believed to be the daughter of a traitor. Her father is the one thought dead. A decent romance mystery with a few unexpected twists and turns. A good fast read. Not the romance for you if you are looking for lots of hot steamy explicit sex scenes. ( )
  TracyJ914 | Oct 8, 2014 |
Julie's father had been labeled a traitor for decoding top secret military information and handing it over to the enemy, which led to disaster for the Navy. She has been living under her mother's maiden name to escape the scrutiny of her father's infamy. When a man turns up dead in a torched motel room that is assumed to be her father, she is the only one who can decode his final message. Hank Jared is the Naval Investigator, who happens to be falling for Julie, but doesn't know if she was sympathetic to her father's cause or not. Julie doesn't know if she can trust Hank, or if he is just using her to decode the message and solve the case. I don't want to give too many details to spoil the story.

I enjoyed this book. The mystery aspect was compelling. The story was interesting. It held my attention and kept me reading. I especially liked Gwen. I look forward to reading her story. There was enough of the plot left open for developing further on the characters. It was romantic, without sexual detail. I don't mind reading a book with or without the detail, but it has to work. I was sold on the chemistry between Hank and Julie.

I was given this book for free in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  TinaMarieSays | Nov 19, 2013 |
Good story.. Easy to read..

If you are looking for a book having both romance and suspense, this book is what you are looking for..

I love the characters.
I loved the lines of Julie!! So funny, I laughed throughout the last part of the chapter.. Gwen, on the other hand, was so hilarious!! Haha.. I really love her even though she only has some parts in this book.. To know or read more about Gwen's story, check out The One Who Got Away.. ( )
  MsMe28 | Jun 6, 2013 |

A code that only she can break...
A man that only she was made for...

Ordered to the scene of a fiery homicide, Navy officer Hank Jared wants nothing more than to wrap it up and get to his sister's wedding.  His sense of duty won't let him walk away from a case, even if he can't figure out why his boss insisted he handle this one personally.

When the key to a safe deposit box is found among the ashes, Hank finds himself staring at two pieces of paper--on one is a coded message, on the other, a name that will change the course of his entire life.

Julie Trueblood wouldn't trust a Navy man if he handed her a life jacket on board a sinking ship. Her father was a cryptologist for the Navy, who went into hiding a decade earlier to avoid charges of treason.  In his absence, Julie was harassed and interrogated by Naval officers who believed she was a traitor, just like her father.

Hank tracks Julie down and confronts her with the cipher.  She can't stand what he represents and sends him away, insisting she knows nothing about the message.  But when she realizes someone is after her, Hank is the only person she can ask for help.  He finds the perfect place to hide Julie, right by his side, pretending to be his girlfriend at his sister's wedding.  Now he just needs to remember their relationship is all an act.

The coded message brings Hank and Julie together, but its secrets hold the power to tear them apart.  Guided by her generous and quirky Aunt Gwen, Julie will gather the courage to unravel the cipher that was meant for her to decode, as she learns to trust the man she was meant to love.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:59 -0400)

Amy Gamet is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,022,383 books! | Top bar: Always visible