Meant for Her: The Love and Danger Series,…

Meant for Her: The Love and Danger Series, Book One (edition 2012)

by Amy Gamet

Member:ritagad
Title:Meant for Her: The Love and Danger Series, Book One
Authors:Amy Gamet
Info:Amy Gamet (2012), Paperback, 154 pages
Rating:**

Meant for Her: The Love and Danger Series, Book One by Amy Gamet

Julie's father had been labeled a traitor for decoding top secret military information and handing it over to the enemy, which led to disaster for the Navy. She has been living under her mother's maiden name to escape the scrutiny of her father's infamy. When a man turns up dead in a torched motel room that is assumed to be her father, she is the only one who can decode his final message. Hank Jared is the Naval Investigator, who happens to be falling for Julie, but doesn't know if she was sympathetic to her father's cause or not. Julie doesn't know if she can trust Hank, or if he is just using her to decode the message and solve the case. I don't want to give too many details to spoil the story.

I enjoyed this book. The mystery aspect was compelling. The story was interesting. It held my attention and kept me reading. I especially liked Gwen. I look forward to reading her story. There was enough of the plot left open for developing further on the characters. It was romantic, without sexual detail. I don't mind reading a book with or without the detail, but it has to work. I was sold on the chemistry between Hank and Julie.

I was given this book for free in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  TinaMarieSays | Nov 19, 2013 |
Good story.. Easy to read..

If you are looking for a book having both romance and suspense, this book is what you are looking for..

I love the characters.
I loved the lines of Julie!! So funny, I laughed throughout the last part of the chapter.. Gwen, on the other hand, was so hilarious!! Haha.. I really love her even though she only has some parts in this book.. To know or read more about Gwen's story, check out The One Who Got Away.. ( )
  MsMe28 | Jun 6, 2013 |
I liked this book. I would read other books by this author, but it is not a desperate need to follow up with the characters which is why it fell short of 4 stars for me.

This was a quick read and overall I enjoyed the book. There were a few moments where I absolutely loved what the author had written, a couple scenes that I thought - ohhhh that is good. For me, there were only a couple scenes like that. I think this is a very promising author that will only get better.

There were a few times when I thought the details were a little overwhelming, and that part is what I think prevented this from being four stars, caught up into too much inconsequential detail that did not necessarily move the story along.

The romance was okay, this is not a graphic book that way, you know it happened there are no real details. I liked the characters, they were very believable. Julie has major Daddy issues, and it too is credible. You at least understand why she makes some of the poor decisions she does.

I really liked the mystery part of the book, it had some good twists and turns, you thought you knew where the book was going, and then it surprised you - I did love that. I don't think this is a spoiler - there is a sort of side lined esp deal with Julie and I thought it detracted a bit from the story, but that is me - it just seemed a little too pat after years of not acknowledging so that was a small detraction - I just rolled my eyes and continued.

I would read other books by this author. And I am very interested in Becky's story hopefully in the future. The price is reasonable for the story itself and I was able to read this in one sitting, it held my interest and I did not want to start another book while I was reading this. While I did not pay for the book, I would have been ok paying the 2.99 for it.

**This book was given to me by the author and I was asked to post an honest review about it.**
  LCOP | Mar 5, 2013 |
I just love Amys' writing. This story was terrific, romance and espionage, terrific. Great writing! ( )
  bookworm1954 | Jan 8, 2013 |
I read this book and became very busy, and was unable to review it for a while, and now I have basically forgotten it. I think I enjoyed it while I was reading it on a plane traveling for work, but I have forgotten it. What I remember was that a woman's father, a traitorous spy for a fictitious country, apparently staged his death, years later killed a man, eventually revealed himself. The woman, initially the suspect in the murder, falls in love with the military investigator who comes to investigate her. He in turn immediately falls wildly in love with her, violates orders to protect her against orders he thinks are fishy. In the middle of this there is a wedding, snow storms, a psychic aunt, and various other happenings. It was pretty fun. I think the next time, the author should ditch fictitious countries, it seemed pretty contrived, and just go with the numerous real ones. I'd consider reading Amy Gamet's next book. ( )
  ritagad | Dec 18, 2012 |

A code that only she can break...
A man that only she was made for...

Ordered to the scene of a fiery homicide, Navy officer Hank Jared wants nothing more than to wrap it up and get to his sister's wedding.  His sense of duty won't let him walk away from a case, even if he can't figure out why his boss insisted he handle this one personally.

When the key to a safe deposit box is found among the ashes, Hank finds himself staring at two pieces of paper--on one is a coded message, on the other, a name that will change the course of his entire life.

Julie Trueblood wouldn't trust a Navy man if he handed her a life jacket on board a sinking ship. Her father was a cryptologist for the Navy, who went into hiding a decade earlier to avoid charges of treason.  In his absence, Julie was harassed and interrogated by Naval officers who believed she was a traitor, just like her father.

Hank tracks Julie down and confronts her with the cipher.  She can't stand what he represents and sends him away, insisting she knows nothing about the message.  But when she realizes someone is after her, Hank is the only person she can ask for help.  He finds the perfect place to hide Julie, right by his side, pretending to be his girlfriend at his sister's wedding.  Now he just needs to remember their relationship is all an act.

The coded message brings Hank and Julie together, but its secrets hold the power to tear them apart.  Guided by her generous and quirky Aunt Gwen, Julie will gather the courage to unravel the cipher that was meant for her to decode, as she learns to trust the man she was meant to love.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:54:31 -0400)

Amy Gamet is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,364,412 books! | Top bar: Always visible